Are you just starting up a research career? then hurry and apply for the 2022 Newton International Fellowships for Early-Career Scientists, only eligible applicants will be granted considerations for this program.
Note, Research must be within the Royal Society’s remit of natural sciences, which includes but is not limited to biological research, chemistry, engineering, mathematics, and physics. For a full list, please see the breakdown of subject groups and areas supported by the Royal Society.
The table of content below provides you with an overview of all that this post entails.
Newton International Fellowships for Early-Career Scientists
The scheme provides the opportunity for the best early stage post-doctoral researchers from all over the world to work at UK research institutions for a period of two years.
Moreso, the scheme covers the broad range of the natural and social sciences and the humanities. It also covers clinical and patient-orientated research for applicants from Newton Fund partner countries.
Furthermore, it is jointly run by the British Academy, the Academy of Medical Sciences and the Royal Society. Currently, there is one round per year which opens in January.
Value of Fellowship:
- Newton Fellowships last for two years. Funding consists of £24,000 per annum for subsistence costs, and up to £8,000 per annum research expenses, as well as a one-off payment of up to £2,000 for relocation expenses.
- Awards include a contribution to the overheads incurred, at a rate of 50% of the total award to the visiting researcher.
- Applicants may also be eligible to receive up to £6,000 annually following the tenure of their Fellowship to support networking activities with UK-based researchers.
Brazil, China, Mexico, South Africa, and Turkey.
This program is to be taken in United Kingdom.
Eligibility for Fellowships for Early-Career Scientists
To be eligible to apply you must:
- have a PhD, or will have a PhD by the time the funding starts
- have no more than 7 years of active full time postdoctoral experience at the time of application (discounting career breaks, but including teaching experience and/or time spent in industry)
- be working outside the UK
- not hold UK citizenship
- be competent in oral and written English
- have a clearly defined and mutually beneficial research proposal agreed with a UK host scientist
Before applying, please ensure that you meet all the eligibility requirements, which are explained in the scheme notes.
Application Procedures for this Scheme?
Currently, there is one round per year which opens in January.
What is the application process?
Applications for the natural and physical sciences should be submitted through the Royal Society’s grants management system Flexi-Grant®.
We are committed to supporting applicants with disabilities. If you require a reasonable adjustment during the application process, please contact the team email@example.com to let us know.
Newton International Fellowships 2022 Application Deadline
This scheme is closed to applications but is expected to reopen in January 2022.
- Top 37 World Universities with the Best Infrastructure
- Blue & Gold Scholarship at UNC Greensboro
- Romanian Government Scholarships for Foreign Citizens to Study in Romania
- Secrets to Apply for a Degree Course in the UK
- Republic of Austria Research Grant for International students
- Fully Funded PhD-Research Programme in Humanities and Social Sciences