The UN Global Compact offers internship opportunities in its New York office. Eligible persons may submit applications for the 2022 United Nations Global Summer Internship – USA.
About the Award:
The United Nations Global Compact pursues two complementary objectives: (1) making the UN Global Compact and its principles part of business strategy and operations everywhere; and (2) facilitating cooperation among key stakeholders by promoting partnerships and other collective action in support of UN goals.
Depending on their level of experience and training, UN Global Compact interns will:
- conduct research relating to the topic of corporate citizenship, especially on human rights, labour, the environment and anti-corruption;
- draft and edit publications, papers and other documents;
- liaise with Global Compact stakeholders on key corporate citizenship topics;
- support the organization of meetings and events;
- assist with outreach activities;
- handle email and other inquiries;
- assist in the implementation of the Global Compact’s integrity measures;
- perform administrative tasks as assigned.
Eligible Field of Study:
Value of United Nations Global Compact Summer Internship:
Internships at UN Headquarters are unpaid. Interns must therefore be able to cover their costs of travel, accommodation, as well as living expenses during the internship period.
To be taken at (Country):
New York, USA
- Applicants must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program (bachelors or second university degree, or higher) at the time of application and during the internship; or
- Under some circumstances, applicants may have graduated within less than one year to commence a UN internship.
How to Apply:
Those interested in participating with the UN Global Summer Internship must submit an online application at the UN Careers website.
Scroll down to the bottom of the homepage to the “Search Job Openings” section and select “Internship” under the Category field, and “New York” under the Duty Station field. Click on the Search button. This will lead you to a list of various internship openings. You will need to search for the UN Global Compact internship by Job Opening ID Number.
The Global Compact Internship job opening is JO 13011. Candidates are strongly recommended to pay attention to the job opening number to make sure that their applications reach the UN Global Compact Office.
When is the Application Deadline for United Nations Global Compact Summer Internship?
The application deadlines for upcoming sessions are as below:
The application deadline for our Spring 2022 Internship session (JO 130111) is March 27, 2022.
Please note that the UN Global Compact Internship Programme has been temporarily suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The intern programme will resume upon further notice.
Important Notes: Due to the large number of applications received for the UN Internship in the USA, only accepted interns will be notified a few weeks before the beginning of the session or within 4 weeks after each session’s application deadline.