The Newcastle University and the British Council India are offering Scholarships for the postgraduate program starting in September 2022 for one year of study. These scholarships are available to citizens of China, Malaysia and India.
This scholarship scheme will offer an exciting opportunity for East Asian students wishing to get financial support to pursue study on degree levels in the UK.
Let us talk about the University of Newcastle for a minute before going on to the scholarship.
About Newcastle University
Newcastle University is a public research university in Newcastle upon Tyne in the North East of England.
As a member of the Russell Group of research-intensive universities in the UK we have a world-class reputation for research excellence in the fields of medicine, science and engineering, social sciences and the humanities.
Our academics are sharply focused on responding to the major challenges facing society today. Our research and teaching are world-leading in areas as diverse as health, culture, technology and the environment.
The Research Excellence Framework 2014 (REF) placed Newcastle University 16th in the UK for Research Power and the vast majority of our research (78%) was assessed to be world-leading or internationally excellent.
We are committed to providing our students with excellent, research-led teaching delivered by dedicated and passionate teachers. This is reaffirmed by achieving the best possible outcome – a Gold Award – in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF). Based on the evidence available, this means that the TEF Panel judged that Newcastle University delivers consistently outstanding teaching, learning, and outcomes for its students of the highest quality found in the UK.
We also ranked:
- 1st in the UK for Computing Science research impact, 3rd in the UK for Civil Engineering research power and 11th in the UK for Mathematical Sciences research.
- 3rd in the UK for English, and in the top 12 for Geography, Architecture, and Planning, and Cultural and Media Studies research quality
- 4th amongst UK medical schools for Clinical Medicine research intensity
What You Need To Know About This GREAT Scholarships for Postgraduate at Newcastle University
This scholarship scheme is part of the Scholarships 2020 – East Asia campaign, which has been launched by the British Council together with 28 UK universities (across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) to support more students in East Asia to get access to the excellent UK higher education opportunities.
Level / Field of Study:
Scholarships are available for Postgraduate program. These Scholarships are awarded to study the following courses:
- Art and design
- IT and more
Scholarship is be taken in UK at Newcastle University.
If you are an international student and you wish to study in UK , this is for you. Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
These scholarships are available to citizens of China, India, and Malaysia. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
Scholarships will offer £10,000 towards your tuition fees.
The GREAT Scholarships for Postgraduate at Newcastle University Eligibility:
Eligible Countries: These scholarships are available to citizens of China, India and Malaysia.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- be passport holders of China, Malaysia or India
- be assessed as international for fee purposes
- applicants from India: all postgraduate taught degree programs in Engineering, Law, and Biosciences
- From China: all postgraduate taught degree programs in the Faculty of Science, Agriculture, and Engineering
- applicants from Malaysia: postgraduate taught degree programs in Business, Engineering (Electrical / Mechanical / Energy), Medical / Health Sciences, and Computing.
Also, students will meet this
- hold an offer for an eligible Master’s degree program
- English Literature and Film
- Languages and Linguistics
- Law and Justice
- Business, Management, and Marketing
- Agriculture and Food
- Computer Science, Data and IT
- Engineering, Energy, Transport, Logistics and Marine
- Biomedical, Biotechnology, and Biosciences
- Cell and Molecular Biosciences
- Genetic Medicine
- Students applying for two-year Master’s programs will receive the scholarship award in their first year only.
The University awards scholarships on the basis of academic merit and other information provided on the Scholarship application form. To be considered for awards applicants must have or expect to receive the equivalent of an upper second class UK honors degree or above.
The applicants chosen to receive the awards will be assessed according to evidence of academic ability, evidence of commitment to studies, and quality of the application and may be contacted for additional information.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Start date and duration: September 2022 for one year of study.
Application closing date: 29 April 2022.
How to Apply For The GREAT Scholarships for Postgraduate at Newcastle University
Applications must be submitted using the online application form. Other applications will not be accepted.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- £10,000 Global Study Awards to study Where in the World
- Top 23 USA Universities with the powerful Alumni Network
- CHEVENING SCHOLARSHIP FOR THAILAND STUDENTS
- Cardiff University : Center of Law and Society Research Visitor Fellowship
- Free University of Brussels Individual Research Fellowship for International Students in Belgium
- Top 21 Masters Degree Scholarships for Geomatics Engineering Students
- Guinness Nigeria Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme for young Nigerians
- Excellent Scholarships At Tallinn University in Estonia
- Top 37 World Universities with the best infrastructure
- MSc Scholarship at University of the West of Scotland in North Cyprus
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.