Free Online Course on eHealth
The University Of Twente is inviting you to join “eHealth: Combining Psychology, Technology, and Health” free online course. eHealth refers to the use of technologies to improve well-being, health, and healthcare. It is an umbrella term that captures concepts about the health context, technology, and people.
This course pays attention to the perspectives of the eHealth developers, patients, healthcare professionals and healthy people who want to improve or maintain their health and wellbeing. The course will start on 6 February
Course At A Glance
- Length: 6 Weeks
- Effort: 3 hours pw
- Subject: eHealth
- Institution: University of Twente
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Certificate Available: Yes
- Session: The course will start on 6 February
- About University: The University was founded in 1961 as the Technische Hogeschool Twente. After Delft and Eindhoven, it was the third higher vocational institute of technology in the Netherlands to become a university.
- Aim of University: The aim of the University to highlighting the interaction between people and technology, the HMI master’s program studies this relationship from different perspectives. Special emphasis is placed on the manner in which people interact with technology and on the identification of the best way to implement or further develop technical capabilities to meet the needs of users.
This course is suitable for everyone who wants or needs to know more about eHealth and all of its possibilities. No specific knowledge or education background is assumed since all concepts that are discussed will be briefly explained. For learners who desire more depth, further reading is available.
About This Course
- Benefits: In this free online course, they will provide you with insight into the domain of eHealth, describe methods to develop eHealth, and explain theories that enable behavior change and facilitate implementation.The language of the course is English.
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: In today’s world there is no more space for paperwork with world countries trying to move completely to the digital systems where they can share information and patients’ data online, more easily and more effectively, among physicians and medical institutions, as well as recording and updating every patient’s health history, reports, analyses, and rays.
How to Join This Course
- You should register yourself through the given link to join this free on-line course: https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/ehealth/3/welcome
- Use the hashtag#FLeHealth to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course.
These perspectives are applied to the three main topics of this course:
- During Weeks 1 and 2, we will introduce eHealth and show you how eHealth technologies are used to enable or improve self-care and prevention, supportive care, and societal health.
- Weeks 3 and 4 will focus on design. You will learn how to design eHealth that fits the user and the context and is able to seduce or support people into changing their behavior.
- In Weeks 5 and 6, we focus on the diffusion and evaluation of eHealth technologies within the intended context, and among users and other relevant stakeholders.
Why Take This Course
- Advantage of Course: This course pays attention to the perspectives of the eHealth developers, patients, healthcare professionals and healthy people who want to improve or maintain their health and wellbeing.
- Certificate: To be eligible to buy a Certificate of Achievement, you must mark over 90% of course steps as complete and attempt all test questions, achieving a score of over 70%.
- You will learn how to design eHealth that fits the user and the context and is able to seduce or support people into changing their behavior.
- After completing the course you will also understand how eHealth technologies are developed and used in practice
- You will have new knowledge about eHealth,
- You will get knowledge that how eHealth technologies are developed and used in practice, by means of a variety of case studies, assignments and examples.
- Saskia Kelders: She is an assistant professor at the University of Twente and teaches eMental Health to psychology students.
- Hanneke Kip: Her research focuses on the development of eHealth technologies that monitor and coach aggressive behavior of forensic psychiatric patients. I am a teacher in Health Psychology & Technology as well.
- Lisette van Gemert-Pijnen: She is a professor Persuasive Health Technology at the University of Twente.
- Floor Sieverink: She is a Ph.D. student at the University of Twente. My research focuses on the use and implementation of online platforms for chronic and mental health care.
No specific knowledge or education background is assumed for the course.
You Might Also Be Interested In
If you are interested then you can join “Health in Humanitarian Crises” free online course.
- After finishing this course, you will have new knowledge about eHealth, acquired relevant eHealth skills, and gained insight into the use of eHealth in practice.
- Your Certificate provides a detailed transcript of what you’ve learned. This includes how long you spent studying the course and your average test score. The Certificate and transcript give you evidence to show during job or university applications, or appraisals.
For more information about the course, you can check the given link:
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.