AbbVie and SASA Scholarships cover the financial burden of Medical Students in South Africa. The scholarship is worth up to R12, 500.00. This is the opportunity to study in South Africa for free.
To win the AbbVie and SASA Scholarships 2023, read through the end of this article.
SASA is an associate institution devoted to bettering the anesthesia field from an academic and clinical point of view.
AbbVie centers on blending high-level science with exemplary competencies to remedy health emergencies worldwide.
Table of Contents
About AbbVie and SASA Scholarship
AbbVie (Pty) Ltd and the South African Society of Anaesthesiologists (SASA) have partnered to offer funds for post-graduate students and healthcare officers that are pursuing additional learning anesthesia.
Objectives of AbbVie and SASA Scholarship South Africa include:
- To provide support to promising and needy anesthesia registrars in training in
a sustainable manner.
- To identify, attract, and keep previously disadvantaged students into the
specialty and profession, especially in the Medical Officer environment.
- To further the interest in Academic Anaesthesia and remember and keep high
quality, academically postgraduate solid students in the academic
- Generally, to contribute to an environment conducive to training in
AbbVie Scholarships are for people pursuing post-graduate level programs.
AbbVie and SASA Scholarship South Africa are taken and hosted in South Africa.
AbbVie and SASA Scholarships in South Africa are for International students.
The AbbVie and SASA Scholarship benefit award will be reviewed annually and is subject to change without prior notification to prospective applicants.
An amount up to and not exceeding R12, 500.00 (Twelve thousand five hundred rands only) is what successful applicants receive per annum.
Both for new and repeat awards, the yearly maximum is 15 (fifteen).
Every year, they give new scholarships at the SASA National Congress. Recipients will not pay the congress registration fees.
Note that just four(4) awards are available annually.
Applicants should meet the following minimum entrance standards before applying:
- South African citizens/ students in all those SADEC states,
- The present postsecondary student at a South African University,
- Registered for the separate clinic for an academic clinic within South Africa,”
- Anesthesia registrars (who need to be/ become a Sasa trainee associate ),”
- Medical Officer.
How to Apply for AbbVie and SASA Scholarship
Please download and complete the AbbVie and SASA Scholarship Application Form (pdf) to apply.
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Your full Curriculum Vitae,
- Full academic history (certified copies),
- Certificates/ achievements,
- Motivational essay (explaining why you should be awarded the scholarship),
- Endorsement by the Head of Department.
Please incorporate the following things into your application package:
Please download and browse the AbbVie and SaSa Scholarship Info (pdf).
- The scholarship will be used to pay for costs relating to examination fees. training aids, congress attendance, or clinical research.
- All beneficiaries of the AbbVie Scholarship in Anaesthesia submit a letter of acceptance, acknowledge receipt of funds, and advise the National Secretary on how the funds were utilized.
- In case of repeat awards, an annual report will have to be submitted.
- SASA reserves the right to inquire independently about a student’s academic progress or conduct.
- Awards may be reduced or withdrawn if the work or conduct of the scholarship holder is considered unsatisfactory.
- Awards are fully repayable should scholarship holders change, fail, discontinue or terminate the study program at any stage during the year the award has been granted.
- To further education, the recipients may be required to share their experiences, new knowledge, or research activities with their colleagues at an appropriate forum or in a SASA publication.
- The recipient of a 4-year award must undertake to spend at least two years following graduation practicing anesthesia in Southern Africa.
AbbVie and SASA Scholarship Application Deadline
The AbbVie and SASA Scholarship application closes on 31 October yearly.
For almost any scholarship questions, please contact:
Tel: 031 368 2530
- Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB) Scholarship for Gambians
- MSc & Ph.D. Scholarship at the University of South Africa,
- MOSHAL SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM [UPDATED]
- NNPC-TOTAL Scholarship 2023 for Nigerian Undergraduates | Application Form
- South African Students International Program At Washington 2023
- Scholarships for South Africans | National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS)
- DAAD-AIMS Scholarships for African Students
- List of South African Scholarships 2023- APPLY
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. However, if not, leave a comment on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.