Applications for AERC PhD Thesis Research Grants 2021 is ongoing!
This research grant support is for African graduate students registered in a PhD degree program in Economics at institutions within or outside Africa. The support will be specific to students whose thesis research proposal is on human capital development in Africa. Research could also be targeted at a country or region.
To apply successfully, kindly read through this piece to learn the full details about this scholarship- the eligibility criteria, requirements, application deadline, and more. The table below will give you an overview of what you should expect.
About theAERC PhD Thesis Research Grants:
The African Economic Research Consortium (AERC) was established in 1988 as a public not-for-profit organization devoted to the advancement of economic policy research and training in Africa. The Consortium’s mandate and strategic intent is built on the basis that sustained development in sub-Saharan
Africa requires well-trained, locally based professional economists. AERC agitates the provision of capacity building in economic policy in Francophone and Anglophone African countries through provision of support in the areas of policy research and graduate training.
.The support will be specifically to students whose thesis research proposal is on human capital development in Africa. Research could also be targeted on a country or region.
The following are broad themes and sub-themes on human capital development in Africa for research:
Human Capital Formation and its Determinants (i.e., fertility, education and skills, health)
- Understanding Human Capital Formation and its Determinants
- Measuring and Interpreting Inequality
- Family Economics and Human Capital in the Family
- Health human capital and economic growth in Africa
Human Capital Drivers and Consequences (Population, Skills Acquisition, Migration and Impacts)
- Measuring and Assessing Skills
- Human capital flight: stratification, globalization, and the challenges to tertiary education in Africa
- The human resource crisis in health services in Africa
- The Impact of Brain Drain on Economic Development in Africa
Human Capital Depletion (Health and longevity, Investment/Financing quantum)
- Health and Schooling Investments in Africa
- Financing Human Capital Investment
- Climate change and human capital
- Climate Change, Disease and Gender Gaps in Human Capital Investment
- Human capital formation and foreign direct investment
- The Cost of HIV/AIDS and Disease on Human Capital Investment in Africa
Type of Award:
Graduate students are eligible to apply for this award provided:
- They are African graduate students registered in a doctoral degree program in Economics at a recognized university either within or outside Africa;
- They have completed all course requirements for the degree;
- Have successfully defended their proposals and they are in the writing phase of the dissertation;
- They have not received any other funding to support these dissertation activities outlined in the PhD proposal/budget; and
Value of AERC PhD Thesis Research Grants:
The Award provides Ph.D. thesis research grant support to African graduate students registered in a PhD degree program in Economics
How to Apply for the AERC PhD Thesis Research Grants:
Requests should be supported by the following documentation:
- Evidence of registration in a recognized PhD program in Economics.
- A copy of the approved research proposal, complete with clearly defined objectives, substantial literature review, a well‐outlined analytical framework as well as a pertinent research methodology.
- Letter of reference from the thesis supervisor.
- A description of the plan of work for the thesis research including details of fieldwork and write-up.
- A detailed budget.
- Evidence of any additional financial support that may be necessary to complete the program.
- A curriculum vitae.
AERC PhD Thesis Research Grants– Application Deadline
The deadline for entry submission of this program is 25th August 2021
Applicants should submit their applications to
Director of Training
African Economic Research Consortium (AERC)
3rd Floor, MEBANK Towers, Jakaya Kikwete Road
P.O. Box 62882-00200 Nairobi, Kenya
Tel (254-20) 2734163; 722205272; 733333298
We Also Recommend
- Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarship 2022
- University of Melbourne Graduate Research Scholarships
- Melbourne University International Sport Access Scholarship
- Oxford University Rhodes Scholarships for Indian Students
We hope this writing provided your scholarship necessities. Please share with your friends and leave your question or response in the comment box. We will attend to you immediately.