The government of Mauritius is delighted to call for applications for the African Students Government of Mauritius Scholarships 2021, eligible African scholars are by this notice invited to apply for this program
This post provides relevant information about the African Students Government of Mauritius Scholarships in 2021 and how you can apply.
You can also scroll the table of contents below to get an insight into all this program entails.
About African Students Government of Mauritius Scholarships 2021
These African Students Government of Mauritius Scholarships covers Undergraduate degree programs in all field.
Fields of Study
Scholarships shall NOT be awarded for:
- Top-up degree programmes;
- Foundation programmes;
- Part-time courses;
- Distance Education programmes;
- Mixed modes (distance and on-campus learning);
- Non accredited courses; or
- Postgraduate programmes.
Value of Scholarship
The Scholarship will support successful candidates in meeting tuition fees and contribute to their living expenses during their studies in Mauritius.
Furthermore, the airfare, by the most economical route, from the country of origin at the beginning of studies and back to the country of origin at the end of the studies will be covered.
This will be valid for travel from the country of origin at the beginning of the studies and back to the country of origin upon successful completion of studies.
Countries in the African Union or African Commonwealth countries.
These scholarships are to be taken in Mauritius.
- Applicants should be above 18 years of age and should not have reached their 26th birthday at the closing date of application;
- Applicants must have applied for full-time on-campus undergraduate studies at any public Tertiary Education Institution in Mauritius for academic year starting in 2018;
- The scholarship will be for a maximum of four (4) years or the minimum course duration whichever is lesser.
- Qualification entry requirements
- Candidates should have successfully completed end of secondary school to be eligible and should satisfy the minimum grade requirements as indicated below: : (i) 24 points at GCE A – Level which will be computed on the basis of the following grades obtained in three Principal subjects: A+=10, A=9, B=8, C=7, D=6 & E=5; OR (ii) at least an overall average of 70% or an overall average of, 14/20; OR (iii) criteria equivalent to (i) or (ii) above.
- In case the language of instruction is not English in the qualifying examination, the candidate will have to provide a valid TOEFL or IELTS test results with a minimum score not less than 550 or 5.5 respectively, or an appropriate proof of English Language proficiency.
- Candidates who are already holders of an undergraduate degree will NOT be eligible under this scholarship scheme.
- Self-financing candidates already studying in Mauritius in an undergraduate programme will NOT be eligible under this Scholarship scheme.
How to Apply for African Students Government of Mauritius Scholarships 2021
It is important to go through the Scholarship Webpage for application instructions before applying.
- Electronic application to be submitted: 30th April 2021
- Hard copies to be submitted: 15th May 2021