The Alibaba eFounders Fellowship is delighted to introduce Class 7 of the eFounders Fellowship, which will be open to founders/co-founders of digital ventures from Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Botswana, South Africa, for a 2-week entrepreneurship class in Hangzhou, China.
Relax and go through the content. The Kiiky has arranged all the necessary details for the Alibaba Group Program 2023.
We work closely with several organizations across multiple regions that help support the program and entrepreneurs.
The reason for creating the eFounders Fellowship resulted from Jack Ma’s exploration of opportunities with African youth and businesses to take part in global trade and raises awareness of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development as part of his role as UNCTAD Special Advisor for Youth, Entrepreneurship and Small Business.
Quickly glance at the table of contents below for the information you’ll get from this article.
Table of Contents
- About the Award
- Host Nationality
- Eligible Nationality
- How To Apply For the Alibaba Group Program 2023
- Application deadline for the Alibaba Group Program 2023
About the Award
The eFounders Fellowship is a two-week course for entrepreneurs in developing countries who are operating open, platform-based businesses in the eCommerce, logistics, big data, and tourism spaces. The program will provide first-hand exposure to and learning about eCommerce innovations from China and worldwide that enable growth and a more inclusive development model for all.
The eFounders Fellowship program provides first-hand exposure to eCommerce and digital innovations, access to business leaders across Alibaba and China, and an opportunity to connect with like-minded, leading entrepreneurs in your region.
The fellowship is a community of passionate and successful “Champions for the New Economy” looking to inspire and create a more inclusive development model for all.
The eFounders Fellowship program is jointly organized by Alibaba Business School and the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), who are implementing the Sustainable Development Goals for 2030.
READ ALSO: Commonwealth Professional Fellowships | UPDATED
Number of Awards:
There will be 40 places available
Duration of Program:
June 7th – 17th, 2023.
Benefits of the Alibaba Group Program
- The key factors in Alibaba’s long-term success.
- The defining moments and failures that have shaped Alibaba’s journey (including the early stages of development).
- An understanding of Alibaba’s ecosystem.
- Hotel accommodation(shared room).
- Training materials and training session costs.
- Field trips and site visit transportation costs.
- Small daily living allowance of 30 RMB/day.
Not covered (costs you must personally cover):
- Air tickets and transportation/pick-up services to and from Hangzhou, China.
- Single hotel room requests (if you would like to stay in a single room, you will be required to cover the full cost yourself).
- Additional food or personal expenses
The host nationality is Hangzhou, China
Eligible Countries: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Botswana, and South Africa.
Eligibility Requirement for the Alibaba Group Program
- You MUST be a founder or co-founder of an officially registered digital venture that has operated for at least 2 years.
- Your venture MUST be headquartered, located in, or operates in one of the following countries: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Botswana, and South Africa.
- You MUST provide at least one referral in your application (referrals from a partner/organizer/eFounders Fellow are preferred).
- You MUST provide your official business license when requested during the application process.
- Entrepreneurs below 35 years old, female entrepreneurs, and target country locals are strongly encouraged to apply.
READ ALSO: Funded TEG Training Fellowship
Selection Criteria: Class 9 welcomes entrepreneurs who are:
- Authentic, open-minded, and philanthropic leaders of the ‘new economy.
- Building enterprises for long-term success, not for short-term profit.
- Mission-driven and strong sense of purpose, integrity, vision, and drive.
- Willing to learn and share their experiences and ideas.
How To Apply For the Alibaba Group Program 2023
Visit the Program Webpage for Details
Application deadline for the Alibaba Group Program 2023
The Application Deadline for the Alibaba Group program 2023 is 27th March 2023
Actually, more than one founder/co-founder from a business venture can apply. But due to limited positions in the program, only one founder/co-founder from each company can be taken.
The program is designed for founders, co-founders or business owners. However, the representative maybe considered if he or she is one of the founders or business owners in the company. For example, if the business is a family business, and the son/daughter is actively managing the company, he or she can also apply. But the representative must submit his/her own application and be interviewed in order to attend.
You do not need to upload your business registration for the online application. But, you may be asked to provide a business license during the interview session.
Honestly, you will need to check into the hotel on 15th of March 2023. However, the program will start on the morning of 16th of March (Monday). Also, the program will close finally around 21:00 pm on 25th of February. So, the earliest you can leave Hangzhou is the evening of 25th March.
In conclusion, the Alibaba eFounders Fellowship is delighted to introduce Class 7 of the eFounders Fellowship, which will be open to founders/co-founders of digital ventures from Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Botswana, South Africa, for a 2-week entrepreneurship class in Hangzhou, China. Read and apply.
- Latest International Fellowships Opportunities and How to Apply
- INK fellows program | World Scholarship Forum
- Hertz Fellowship Application- Fully Funded …
- Commonwealth Professional Fellowships | UPDATED