The training starts with 21 Days online self-development program on our interactive platform providing you the basic theory and practice; develop the tool for inner peace.
The fellowship offers 4 days intensive training program providing participants with deeper insight in the relationship between inner peace and sustainable world peace through mindfulness and meditation and enhancing their ability to create peace within their family, professional and social environment. Hence participants will learn the benefits of meditation in relation to::
- Conflict prevention and nonviolent conflict resolution
- How to overcome fear and deal with terrorism
- Stress management
- non-violent communication
- Self-discipline and Human Rights
- Enhancement of leadership and the pillars for a stable and peaceful society
The Amandla Fellowship Includes:
- Full or partial sponsorship of airfare support
- Free accommodation
- Free catering
- Local transport to and from retreat centre
The Amandla Fellowship does not include:
- Visa costs
- Personal expenses
To be eligible, applicants should:
- be African nationals residing in Eastern and Southern Africa (Burundi, Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Djibouti, Comoros, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Somalia, Malawi, Mozambique, Sudan, South Sudan, Botswana, Seychelles, Lesotho, Madagascar, Angola, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Mayotte and Mauritius).
- be 20-32 years old at the time of submitting the application in order to receive the airfare support.
- have completed at least 21 days of the 42-day online self-development program. Note that in order to submit the application form, candidates do not need to have completed the online self-development program.
- have good proficiency in written and spoken English language.
- be optimistic, open-minded, is a leader or shows leadership potential, and have a genuine interest in peace building.
- send a recommendation letter from their organizations/institutions.
- International successful applicants shall pay a commitment fee of 100 USD while local participants pay USD 50 before the arrival to the retreat site (by Bank transfer or Western Union)
The application deadline is May 20, 2017.