Anoka Technical College is a public 2-year technical college in Anoka, Minnesota.
It was founded in 1968 and is a Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System member.
This article is about Anoka Technical College, primarily focusing on its Admission processes, Tuition, Ranking, and Scholarships.
Also, the article will discuss the school’s academic and organizational framework.
Meanwhile, below is a table of contents; it will give you an insight into all we will discuss in this article.
According to Niche.com, Anoka Technical College is Minnesota’s #12 Best Community college, with 828 undergraduate students enrolled.
Table of contents
- Overview Of Anoka Technical College
- Why Should I choose Anoka Technical College?
- Anoka Technical College Address
- Anoka Technical College Ranking
- Anoka Technical College Acceptance Rate/Admissions
- Anoka Tech College Accreditation
- What To Do To Gain And Maintain Accreditation
- Tuition For Anoka Tech College Students
- Are there Financial Aids For Students?
- Anoka Technical College Academic Statistics.
- Degrees Programs, And Certificates
- Engineering Technologies and Engineering-Related Fields
- Family and Consumer Sciences/Human Sciences
- Health Professions and Related Programs
- Does Anoka Tech College Have An Online Class?
- Students Statistics
Community colleges exist for all and sundry, but most importantly for those living in its community. Anoka Technical College is one such college and has been of immense help to people living in and outside the community. It has allowed most of them to get an education at a subsidized rate.
Anoka Technical Colleges’ acceptance rate ratio, affordability, Inclusiveness, and the programs they offer (including online programs) make it one of the best in Minnesota.
Below is an Overview of Anoka Technical College.
Overview Of Anoka Technical College
Anoka Technical College is a public institution in Anoka, Minnesota. Its campus is located in a suburb with a total enrollment of 1,844. The school utilizes a semester-based academic year. The student-faculty ratio is 17-to-1. The highest degree offered at Anoka Technical College is an associate degree. The school has an open admissions policy and offers credit for life experiences.
The tuition and fees for 2018-2019 were $5,584. There is no application fee.
Students can earn degrees and certificates in 11 different fields. Popular programs include Health Professions and Related Programs, Engineering Technologies and Engineering-Related Fields, and Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services.
The institution was founded in 1968 and is a Minnesota State Colleges And Universities member.
The Anoka campus is located in the City of Anoka and partially rests on the eastern border of Ramsey. The building is largely the superstructure of the old Char-Gale plant.
The plant transitioned into the war effort to make tarps for the military during WWII. Periodic investments over time have transformed the building into a state-of-the-art technical college.
Why Should I choose Anoka Technical College?
Anoka is located in one of the most significant states in America: Minnesota, which is the 32nd state of being adopted into the United States of America.
Situated in the Upper Midwest and surrounded by the Great Lakes, and Northern region of the United States, Minnesota has a great culture from which students in Anoka Technical College can benefit.
Anoka is in the suburbs, which makes its campus calm and conducive to learning.
Also, an excellent faculty-to-students ratio gives students the attention needed to thrive in their chosen fields.
Additionally, the tuition fee is quite affordable, with many aids and grants available to students.
This will immensely help financially disadvantaged students and encourage them to get a college education.
Furthermore, Anoka Technical College awards credits for Life experiences and uses them to award certificates to its students.
Students get to share the rich history of Anoka Tech College campus buildings.
The campus is located in the City of Anoka and partially rests on the eastern border of Ramsey.
The building is essentially the superstructure of the old Char-Gale plant.
The plant transitioned into the war effort to make tarps for the military during WWII.
SEE ALSO: 17 Best Engineering Colleges in Australia | 2023 Ranking
Periodic investments over time have transformed the building into a state-of-the-art technical college.
Cincinnati State Tuition: Scholarships and Costs Of Living
Anoka Technical College Address
The college is located in the suburbs of Minnesota, close to the temporarily closed Anoka High School. The address is 1355 US-10, Anoka, MN 55303, United States Of America.
Contact Number: +17635764700
6H8M+M6 Anoka, Minnesota
Anoka Technical College Ranking
According to Niche Ranking, Minnesota’s #12 Best college is Anoka Technical College.
Meanwhile, it is 214 of 853 in the Best Community Ranking In America. A Ranking was also carried out by Niche.com.
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key U.S. Department of Education statistics and millions of reviews.
Anoka Technical College Acceptance Rate/Admissions
The institution has a 100% acceptance rate for students from all works of life. However, some requirements must be met by students wishing to enroll.
A prospective candidate does not necessarily need ACT and SAT scores to gain admission into Anoka Technical College. Furthermore, there’s no application fee to be paid. All these are efforts to ensure that the institution accommodates as many persons as possible during each admission wave.
To Apply to the school, click the button below.
Related Post: University Of Minnesota: Admission, Courses Offered Tuition Fee, Ranking
Anoka Tech College Accreditation
The North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and the Commission of Institutions of Higher Education accredit Anoka Technical College.
All programs offered at Anoka Technical College are approved by the Minnesota State College and Universities system, the Minnesota Division of Rehabilitation Services, and the state-approving agency of Veterans Education.
The North Central Association granted the initial college accreditation on March 5, 1999.
The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
This is the regional body for the accreditation of degree-granting higher education institutions in the Southern states.
It serves as the common denominator of shared values and practices among the diverse institutions in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Latin America, and other international sites approved by the SACSCOC Board of Trustees that award associate, baccalaureate, master’s, or doctoral degrees.
The Commission also accepts applications from other international institutions of higher Education.
What To Do To Gain And Maintain Accreditation
To gain or maintain accreditation with the Commission on Colleges, an institution must comply with the standards contained in the Principles of Accreditation: Foundations for Quality Enhancement and with the policies and procedures of the Commission on Colleges.
The Commission on Colleges applies the requirements of its Principles to all applicant, candidate, and member institutions, regardless of the type of institution (public, private for-profit, private not-for-profit).
To learn more about the accreditation process and criteria, click here.
Georgia Tech University Scholarships
Tuition For Anoka Tech College Students
At Anoka Technical College, 53 percent of undergraduates receive grant or scholarship aid; the average scholarship or grant award is $3,830.
Tuition and Expenses
In-state tuition and fees
Out-of-state tuition and fees
Books and supplies
Institution Provides on-campus-housing
Tuition Guaranteed Plan
Prepaid Tuition Plan
Tuition Payment Plan
Paying for college doesn’t have to be complicated or devastating. Go to the Paying for Community College knowledge center for advice on raising cash and reducing costs.
SEE ALSO: 11 Most Affordable New Zealand Universities for International Students |2023
Are there Financial Aids For Students?
Yes, a lot of financial aid is available to students of Anoka Technical College, and students, on average, get up to $3,000.
Below are statistics that represent the number of students that have accessed aid at one time or the other.
Full-Time First-Time Students Receiving Financial Aid
Full-time first-time students receiving financial aid
Full-time first-time students receiving grant aid
44%: $4,826 on average.
Full-time first-time students receiving Pell Grants
34%: $3,937 on average.
Full-time first-time students receiving Federal Grants
50%: $5,560 on average.
All Undergraduate Student Financial Aid
Students receiving grants Or Scholarships
53%: $3,830 on average.
Students receiving Pell Grants
35%: $3,65 on average.
Students receiving Federal Students Loans
43%: $7,023 on average.
Anoka Technical College Academic Statistics.
The statistics below are based on acceptance rate, quality of professors, student reviews, and others factors.
- Full-Time rate= 63%
- Part-Time rate=54%
- Academic Calendar= semester
- Research Funding per student
Non Traditional Learning
#1. Evening Degree Programs =Yes
#2. Teacher Certification = No
#3. Distance Education= No
#4. Study Abroad= No
Anoka Tech professors
- Students Faculty Ratio: 17: 1
- Female Professor: 58%
- Male Professors: 42%
- Average Professor Salary: $94,116
100% of students interviewed during our poll confirm that they take advantage of office hours/study sessions.
Degrees Programs, And Certificates
Anoka Technical College offers degrees and certificates in 11 fields listed below.
Popular programs include Health Professions and Related Programs, Engineering Technologies and Engineering-Related Fields, and Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services.
Academic programs at the college generally fall into the following categories:
- Construction and Manufacturing
- General Education
- Information Technology and Business
However, we will break down these programs into smaller components for clarification and specialization.
Agriculture, Agriculture Operations, And Related Sciences
- Applied Horticulture and Horticultural Business Services
- Landscaping a Groundskeeping
Business Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services
- Business Administration, Management, and Operations
- Logistics, Materials, and Supply Chain Management
- Accounting and Related Services
- Office Management and Supervision
- Accounting Technology/Technician and Bookkeeping
- Human Resources Management and Services
- Human Resources Development
- Business Operations Support and Assistant Services
- Administrative Assistant and Secretarial Science, General
Computer And Information Sciences and Support Services
- Computer Programing
- Data Processing
- Computer Programming, Specific Applications
- Data Processing and Data Processing Technology/Technician
- Computer Software and Media Applications
- Data Modeling/Warehousing and Database Administration
- Plumbing and Related Water Supply Services
- Building/Construction Site Management/Manager
- Plumbing Technology/Plumber
- Building/Construction Finishing, Management, and Inspection
Engineering Technologies and Engineering-Related Fields
- Electrical Engineering Technologies/Technicians
- Electrical, Electronic, and Communications Engineering Technology/Technician
- Biomedical Technology/Technician
- Computer Technology/Computer Systems Technology
- Cad/Cadd Drafting and Design Technology/Technician
- Mechanical Drafting and Mechanical Drafting Cad/Cadd
- Architectural Drafting and Architectural Cad/Cadd
- Drafting/Design Engineering Technologies/Technicians
- Computer Engineering Technologies/Technicians
- Electromechanical Instrumentation and Maintenance Technologies/Technicians
Family and Consumer Sciences/Human Sciences
- Human Development, Family Studies, and Related Services
- Developmental Services Worker
Health Professions and Related Programs
- Health and Medical Administrative Services
- Information/Medical Records Technology/Technician
- Medical Transcription/Transcriptionist
- Medical Administrative/Executive Assistant and Medical Secretary
- Medical/Clinical Assistant
- Allied Health Diagnostic, Intervention, and Treatment Professions
- Surgical Technology/Technologist
- Sterile Processing Technology/Technician
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse Training
- Nursing Assistant/Aide and Patient Care Assistant/Aide
- Practical Nursing, Vocational Nursing, and Nursing Assistants
- Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science/Research and Allied Professions
- Emergency Care Attendant (Emt Ambulance)
- Occupational Therapist Assistant
- Allied Health and Medical Assisting Services
- Medical Insurance Coding Specialist/Coder
- Medical Reception/Receptionist
SEE ALSO: Houston Baptist University Review| Acceptance Rate, Admission Rate, And Tuition Fee
Best Medical Schools in Minnesota | Rankings 2023
Legal Professions and Studies
- Legal Administrative Assistant/Secretary
- Court Reporting/Court Reporter
- Legal Support Services
Mechanic and Repair Technologies/Technicians
- Automobile/Automotive Mechanics Technology/Technician
- Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Technologie
Parks, Recreation, Leisure, and Fitness Studies
- Parks, Recreation, and Leisure Facilities Management
- Golf Course Operation and Grounds Management
- Machine Tool Technology/Machinist
- Welding Technology/Welder
- Precision Metal Working
- Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) Machinist Technology/CNC Machinist
Does Anoka Tech College Have An Online Class?
They have a professional and workforce training platform in partnership with ed2go.
Anoka tech offers a wide range of highly interactive courses you can take online. Their classes are led by expert instructors and many nationally known authors.
Their online courses are affordable, fun, fast, convenient, and geared just for you.
The online platform gives you the opportunity to:
- Prepare for industry certification
- New career programs
- It starts when it is convenient for you
- Helps you with the financing and
- The program ends in 6 months or less.
This said, below are the number of programs that are offered online with their various certifications.
Online Certificate Programs= 7
Associates Programs= 4
Online Bachelor’s Programs= 0
#1. Full-Time Enrollment = 828 Undergrads
#2. Part-Time Undergrads = 1,016
#3. Pell Grant= 42%
#4. Varsity Athletes = N/A
Anoka Technical College Minnesota Provides students with many opportunities to thrive in their chosen fields. With an excellent faculty to students ratio, students can have a personal experience with their Professors.
Their life experience program allows anyone to bag a degree. Additionally, the school has a robust online program structured in a manner that best suits students.
Their online platform accords anyone interested in studying at one’s pace.
Ranked among the best in the state of Minnesota, Anoka continues to change the narrative when it comes to technical Education.
Once you have applied to the college, you can apply for Financial Aid (loans, grants, and work-study).
If you are completing a degree and diploma program, you are required to take the Accuplacer placement test as part of the application process.
After you have completed the application process, you will receive a letter inviting you to orientation, where you will learn more about the college and register for classes.
Get to know other students by participating in a club or student organization on campus. Select here to see a list of the clubs and student organizations currently offered at Anoka Tech and instructions on how to start a new one.
Anoka Technical College provides reasonable accommodations to students with documented disabilities. Accommodations are designed to allow students to participate fully in the program of their choice.
We recommend you review the post below, as we’re convinced you’ll find the articles helpful.
- University of Glasgow: Admission, Tuition, Courses, Scholarships, Ranking
- University of Birmingham – Canada Undergraduate Scholarship
- $10,000 Xerox Technical Minority Scholarship In USA
- Manchester Metropolitan University: Admission, Courses, Tuition, Ranking
- Broward College Reviews 2023| Admissions, Tuition, Ranking, And Scholarships