It is with great delight that we bring you good news to keep your smiles long enough to go a mile because a smile is one thing that never goes out of fashion. it is in this light that we bring you a heads up on Chevening Scholarships in Canada.
This is to inform you that CHEVENING SCHOLARSHIP Applications. Chevening Scholarships are open between All prospective Chevening scholarship winners are hereby tipped to ensure that the digest this information and get ready before the application submission dates approach.
About Chevening Scholarship
Chevening is the UK government’s global scholarship program that offers future leaders the unique opportunity to study in the UK.
These scholarships are awarded to outstanding professionals from your country and beyond to pursue a one-year master’s degree in any subject at any UK university.
Chevening provides fully-funded scholarships, leaving you free to focus on achieving your professional goals and enjoying the experience of a lifetime.
You will live and study in the UK for a year, during which time you will develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
If you have ambition, leadership potential, and a strong academic background, we encourage you to go to the UK and grow in the UK as a Chevening Scholar.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for Chevening Scholarships can only be submitted using the Chevening online application system,
Prior to starting your application for a Chevening Scholarship please ensure you have the following ready:
- Essential: Three different UK master’s course choices
- Optional: English language test results (if you’ve already met the requirements)
- Optional: UK master’s university offer (if you’ve already met the requirements)
You can submit your initial application without these optional documents and upload them to your application at any point up to 3rd November 2022. Please note that only documents in PDF format can be uploaded and documents cannot be over 5MB in size.
If you are eventually conditionally selected for a Chevening Scholarships, it is essential that you provide evidence that you meet the Chevening English language requirements and that you have at least one offer from an eligible course before 3rd November 2022 in order to remain in the process.
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry into a postgraduate program at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years’ work experience (this may be up to five years for fellowship programs, so please refer to your country page for further details)
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 3rd November 2022
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 3rd November 2022.
You are not eligible for a Chevening Award if you:
- Hold British or dual British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong)
- Are an employee, a former employee, or relative of an employee (since July 2015) of Her Majesty’s Government (including British Embassies/High Commissions, the Department for International Development, the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy, Department for International Trade, the Ministry of Defence and the Home Office), the British Council, or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
Employees, former employees, or relatives of an employee (since July 2015) of Chevening Partner organizations are eligible to apply, but cannot receive a Chevening/Partner Award from the organization for which they work, previously worked, or are affiliated with through relatives.
- (Note: Immediate relatives are defined as parents or step-parents, siblings or step-siblings, children or step-children, spouse, civil partner or unmarried partner (where the couple have been in a relationship akin to marriage or civil partnership for at least two years)
- Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship. However, if you have previously studied under a UK Government-funded scholarship (including Chevening), you may be eligible to apply for a Chevening Fellowship five years after completion of your initial UK Government-funded scholarship.
Once submitted, applications undergo an electronic sift against our eligibility criteria. Any applications deemed ineligible will be removed from the selection process. Please note that once your application has been submitted, it is not possible to change it retrospectively.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
You are free to take tests more than once in order to meet the Chevening English language requirement. Please note that Chevening does not pay for costs associated with English language testing. You are responsible for booking and paying for costs associated with these tests.
Chevening accepts English language tests from five providers:
- Academic IELTS
- Pearson PTE Academic
- TOEFL iBT
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CEA)
- Trinity ISE II (B2)
Choose your three courses carefully as you won’t be able to change them after submitting your application. To stand a chance for the scholarship, you must get an unconditional offer for one of your course choices by 3rd November 2022.
Applicants will need to select three different master’s courses, these can be three different courses at the same institution or the same-titled course but at three different universities.
You should choose your field of study carefully and select courses that reflect your current or future career goals.
In order to be eligible, the courses you choose must be:
- Start in the autumn term (usually September/October)
- Taught master’s (i.e. not research-focused MRes programmes)
- Lead to a master’s degree qualification
- Based in the UK
Courses cannot be:
- Distance learning
- Less than nine months in duration
- More than 12 months in duration
- PhD or DPhil are not permitted
As Chevening Scholarships are fully-funded, your award includes the following:
- university tuition fees
- a monthly stipend
- travel costs to and from the UK
- an arrival allowance
- a homeward departure allowance
- the cost of one visa application
- a travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK
Applications for 2022 Chevening Scholarships remain open until 12:00 (midday) GMT on 3 November 2022.
For more information’s on how to apply for Chevening scholarships you are welcome to read more
If you want to know more about Chevening in Canada, click on the link
We Also Recommend
- CHEVENING SCHOLARSHIPS FOR SOMALIA
- Chevening Scholarships for Indonesian Students
- Study in Canada without IELTS, GMAT and Other like Exams
- CHEVENING SCHOLARSHIPS FOR PAKISTAN STUDENTS (SHARE THIS)
- University of Exeter Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme UK– APPLY
- CHEVENING SCHOLARSHIP FOR JAMAICAN STUDENTS
- The Chevening Masters Scholarship for Cambodia students in UK
- Chevening Scholarships for Morocco Students
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. However, if not, leave a comment on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.