Sheffield University in the UK is delighted to call for applications from Kenyan and other international students for the International Undergraduate Merit Scholarships 2022.
Only eligible applicants will be considered for this scholarship program. Hurry now and apply!!
About The Program:
We’re offering 150 Alumni Fund scholarships worth £3,600 each for home students starting their studies in September 2022. These are entirely funded by donations from alumni and friends of the University from around the world.
You’ll need to be eligible for a maintenance loan from Student Finance of at least £5,256 (household income of below £50,000). You must also have receivFed an academic offer to study a full-time undergraduate course at the University of Sheffield starting in September 2022.
The International Undergraduate Merit Scholarships is for candidates seeking a course in any undergraduate program.
Institution of study:
The institution at which the International Undergraduate Merit Scholarships program will be taken is Sheffield University, UK.
- Applicants must have applied for and been offered a study place for an undergraduate program at the University of Sheffield to be eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants must apply for a study place every April 2022 for entry in September 2022 to be eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The scholarship will not be available to applicants who have made the University of Sheffield their insurance choice.
- The scholarship application is a separate online process for applying for a course. A link to the online scholarship application will be sent by email to all eligible students from January onwards.
- The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and the supporting statement. The final decision will be made by an academic panel.
- The scholarship is guaranteed in the first year of study and you can also receive this in each subsequent year of study, subject to achieving 60% or above in the previous academic year. This excludes any years in industry or study abroad periods. This applies to all undergraduate programs except Medicine and Dentistry. Students of Medicine or Dentistry will only receive the scholarship for the non-clinical years (Medicine years 1 & 2 and Dentistry year 1)
- The scholarship can be awarded in conjunction with other University of Sheffield scholarships as long as the individual does not become fully funded, for tuition fee purposes, as a result of the sum of these awards.
- The scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction only.
- You must be self-funding and classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- The scholarship will not be awarded where funding is applicable from an external body* and there is an agreement already in place between the external body and the University of Sheffield to offer a tuition fee discount to the student.
- The scholarships are for full-time and part-time students only. Students studying online or via distance learning are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Part-time students will receive the full value of a one year of scholarship split over the duration of an equivalent single full-time academic year.
To be eligible for the International Undergraduate Merit Scholarships, the applicant must be a national of or permanently domiciled in one of the following:
|East and South Africa: Kenya, Uganda, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, South Africa, Tanzania, Mauritius||The Middle East and North Africa: Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Oman, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt, Sudan, Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco|
|Southeast Asia: Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar (Burma), Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam|
The scholarships are competitive awards worth 50% of the tuition fee for an undergraduate degree program starting in September 2022. The scholarship is available for new international (non-EU) students who meet the eligibility criteria.
You must hold an offer to study at the University of Sheffield before you apply for this scholarship.
This is a competitive process and not all applications will be successful. A panel of senior members of staff will select the strongest applications and will be looking for the following:
- The applicant has provided a clear rationale for applying for a course at the University of Sheffield.
- An applicant has clearly articulated future ambitions, these goals relate to the degree they have applied for.
- The applicant has a strong academic profile.
- You must start your studies at the University of Sheffield in September 2022.
- The International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship 2022 is limited to one prize per person.
- The International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship 2022 cannot be awarded together with any of the following scholarships: International Undergraduate Scholarship 2022, undergraduate Merit Scholarship of the International Baccalaureate 2022, GEMS International Merit Scholarship 2022, NCUK Undergraduate Scholarship 2022 and NCUK 2022 Undergraduate Merit Scholarship
- The scholarship can be awarded along with any scholarship available from the Department or Faculty in which you will study, subject to not becoming a sponsored student *. Use the financing calculator to find out if there are scholarships available from your Department / Faculty.
- The scholarship cannot be awarded together with any financing from an external sponsor **, excluding a loan, which must be fully repaid.
- If you are selected for a merit scholarship, subject to the eligibility and award criteria, you will be guaranteed the award in your first year of study. The scholarship is available in each of the following academic years of your course subject to a grade of 60% or higher and achieving a minimum of 120 credits in the previous academic year.
- The merit scholarship is not applicable for any year in the industry or any mandatory or non-mandatory year abroad as part of your degree.
- If you are selected for a merit scholarship and do not meet the conditions of your course offer, you will no longer be eligible to receive the award.
- If you are selected for a merit scholarship and change the degree program to begin your studies again at level 1 of a new degree program, you may lose your scholarship.
- If you change your study program during your studies and transfer to the concurrent academic year, for example, from the year 1 BA English to the year 2 BA English literature and language, subject to the eligibility and award criteria, you may continue to receive a merit scholarship.
- The merit scholarship can be provided for a maximum number of 4 academic years. This does not include years in the industry or years abroad.
- The scholarship will be applied only as a tuition discount.
- The decision of the scholarship panel is final. Scholarship applications or decision appeals will not be considered.
- All decisions made by the University are made in good faith, if a scholarship is awarded based on the predicted qualifications and you do not achieve your predicted qualifications but you are allowed to enter the University, the University reserves the right to eliminate the scholarship.
- If you are selected for a merit scholarship and subsequently join the University through compensation, you will no longer be eligible to receive the award.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred to a future year of entry. If you decide to postpone the entry to another year, you will lose this prize.
- The scholarship cannot be provided during any year of interleaved study.
- Part-time students will receive the equivalent value of the scholarship division proportionally for the duration of a single full-time academic year.
- If you are offered the scholarship, we will ask you to confirm the acceptance of your scholarship and sign your offer on a fixed date.
- A link to the online scholarship application will be sent by email to all eligible students from January onwards.
- Applicants must have applied for a study place by April 2022.
- The deadline for scholarship applications is April yearly.
- Scholarship results will be announced in May of the same year.
How to Apply:
Click on the link to commence the online application
International Undergraduate Merit Scholarships-FAQs
International students are not eligible for some types of financial aid including federally subsidized student loans, grants, and some scholarships. While the opportunities are limited, there are chances to qualify for merit scholarships, awards based on talent and ability rather than need.
A merit scholarship is a financial award that students receive based on their academic success in high school. Merit-based scholarships are not only limited to a student’s grades but also consider factors such as leadership roles, ACT and/or SAT scores, extracurricular activities, and school or community involvement.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- 20 Undergraduate Scholarships For Algerians
- Edinburgh Global International Students Undergraduate Maths Scholarships
- Mechanic Engineering Program in Germany
- 2018 Royal Holloway Excellence Scholarships, UK
- LATEST: How to Get Financial Aid for HVAC Training
- University Of Amsterdam Merit Scholarships (AMS) for International Students
- The İbni Sina Medical Sciences Scholarship program in Turkey
- 9 Full Tuition Fee Waivers Scholarships for International Students
- JRC Fuwaku Scholarship at University of London in UK
- 15 Scholarships for Comoros to Study in Canada