Applications are now been accepted for the BAT Iseyin Agronomy (BATIA) Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme 2022, eligible persons are encouraged to hurry and send in their applications.
British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN) offers Scholarships annually to Undergraduates. This post gives you possible guidelines and eligibility conditions.
Table of Contents Hide
- About British American Tobacco
- Eligible Nationality:
- Eligibility for BAT Scholarships
- BATN/BATIA Scholarship 2022 Application Process
- Important Points To Note
- Who should apply for BATN/BATIA Scholarship?
- What is the BATN/BATIA scholarship worth?
- What happens if an applicant should miss the test?
- Can a student on similar scholarship scheme apply?
About British American Tobacco
British American Tobacco plc is a British multinational tobacco company headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It is the largest publicly traded tobacco company in the world.
The Scholarship Scheme is one of the Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives to promote skilled manpower development in Nigeria’s Agricultural sector.
In 2005, the scope of the Scholarship Scheme was expanded to include eligible students from across the country.
This expansion was based on stakeholder expectations raised at a stakeholder dialogue session.
Ten eligible students are awarded scholarships every year for the duration of their study, with five slots reserved for eligible children of BAT registered tobacco farmers.
In the event that the farmers’ children do not meet the eligibility requirements, those five slots are opened up to candidates from tobacco leaf growing communities (not farmers’ children).
In the event that they also do not meet the eligibility requirements, the five slots are opened up to candidates from other parts of Oyo State.
However, students who are children of BAT registered tobacco farmers are now being given the opportunity to apply for other courses asides from Agriculture.
LEVEL/ FIELD OF STUDY:
BATIA) Undergraduate Scholarship is for individuals pursuing an undergraduate degree in other fields of study aside from agriculture. List of eligible Programs with UCAS code 2022. If you wish to explore more information on Undergraduate Scholarships, click on the link.
BATN/BATIA Scholarship 2022 Host Nationality:
All scholarships are taken in the United Kingdom. If you are an international student and you desire to study in the UK, Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in the UK. Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
- Qualified candidates who are children of BAT registered tobacco farmers.
- Other qualified candidates from across Nigeria. Aside from BATN/BATIA Scholarship, there are other scholarships available to international students to study abroad. You can check our scholarship by country to access all scholarships available. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The scholarship benefits involve tuition-free sponsorship throughout undergraduate studies.
BATIA) Undergraduate Scholarship 2022 has Five specific offers.
Eligibility for BAT Scholarships
- All applicants must be Nigerian citizens aged 18 years or above.
- For children of BAT registered tobacco farmers – admission to study or registered first-year student studying any course in a Nigerian tertiary institution.
- For other applicants across Nigeria – admission to study or registered first-year student studying Agriculture / Agriculture-related course in a Nigerian tertiary institution
- Holders of the SSCE or its equivalent with at least six subjects passed in one sitting.
BATN/BATIA Scholarship 2022 Application Process
- Open official website http://www.batnigeria.com
- Go through the sustainability link
- Click on Corporate Social responsibilities
Important Points To Note
- All applicants are required to provide active contact addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses which must be traceable and valid for the next 9 months.
- Applicants who miss test invitations due to non-functional phone numbers or email addresses will not be given additional consideration.
- Hard copy and multiple applications will result in instant disqualification
- Successful applicants will be listed on the website.
- Students who are currently on similar Scholarship Schemes need not apply.
Who should apply for BATN/BATIA Scholarship?
Qualified candidates who are children of BAT registered tobacco farmers and other qualified candidates from across Nigeria. Aside from BATN/BATIA Scholarship.
What is the BATN/BATIA scholarship worth?
The scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship for undergraduate studies.
What happens if an applicant should miss the test?
Applicants who miss test invitations due to non-functional phone numbers or email addresses will not be given additional consideration.
Can a student on similar scholarship scheme apply?
No, Students who are currently on similar Scholarship Schemes need not apply.
- British American Tobacco Nigeria Technical Trainee Program
- British American Tobacco Bursaries Programme
- AHA Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Top 15 Universities in Turkey that teach in English
- Google Maps Local Guides Connect Training in the USA
- $10,000 PEPSI SCHOLARSHIP | UPDATED
- Top 15 Indian Scholarships [UPDATED]
- CANADA SCHOLARSHIP: Quest University Scholarship for International Students
- University of Toronto MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program, Canada
- Google Business Internship for Kenyan Students
- 21 Masters Scholarships for Physics Students
We hope this writing provided your scholarship necessities. Please share with your friends and leave your question or response on the comment box for us to serve you better.
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.