Applications are been invited from eligible Bangladeshi students to hurry and apply for the COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR BANGLADESHI STUDENTS 2018, applicants are advised to ensure that they have complied with the eligibility criteria to avoid disqualification of any sort
The Commonwealth of Nations, often known as simply the Commonwealth, is an intergovernmental organisation of 53 member states that are mostly former territories of the British Empire. The chief institutions of the organisation are the Commonwealth Secretariat, which focuses on intergovernmental aspects, and the Commonwealth Foundation, which focuses on non-governmental relations between member states.
The Commonwealth dates back to the first half of the 20th century with the decolonisation of the British Empire through increased self-governance of its territories. It was originally created as the British Commonwealth of Nations through the Balfour Declaration at the 1926 Imperial Conference, and formalised by the United Kingdom through the Statute of Westminster in 1931. The current Commonwealth of Nations was formally constituted by the London Declaration in 1949, which modernised the community, and established the member states as “free and equal”. The symbol of this free association is Queen Elizabeth II, who is the Head of the Commonwealth. The Queen is head of state of 16 member states, known as the Commonwealth realms, while 32 other members are republics and five others have different monarchs. The position of The Crown remains legally distinct from the position of monarch and the position of the Head of the Commonwealth.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR BANGLADESH STUDENTS:
The commonwealth scholarship is a full time for masters scholarship for Bangladeshi students at any given UK university.Funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK.
These scholarships are offered under six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
LEVEL OF STUDY:
This scholarship is available for Masters degree program in any UK university
FIELD OF STUDY:
he scholarship is awarded in any field of study
scholarship will be taken in The UK
Bangladeshi students are eligible to apply for this program
The scholarship will carter for the following:
- Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award (the CSC will not/reimburse the cost of fares for dependants, nor usually the cost of journeys made before your award is finally confirmed)
- Approved tuition fees
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,065 per month, or £1,306 per month for those at universities in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2017-2018 levels)
- Warm clothing allowance, where applicable
- Thesis grant towards the cost of preparing a thesis or dissertation, where applicable
- Study travel grant towards the cost of study-related travel within the UK or overseas
- If applicants are widowed, divorced, or a single parent, child allowance of £458 per month for the first child, and £112 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16, if you are accompanied by your children and the are living with you at the same address in the UK
SCHOLARSHIP REQUIREMENTS AND ELIGIBILITY:
Applicants must comply eith the following:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2018
- By October 2018, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard, or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree)
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR BANGLADESHI STUDENTS:
Applicants must apply to one of the following nominating bodies in the first instance – the CSC does not accept direct applications for these scholarships:
- National nominating agencies – this is the main route of application
- Selected non-governmental organizations and charitable bodies
- All applications must be made through one of these nominating bodies. Each nominating body is responsible for its own selection process. Applicants must check with your nominating body for their specific advice and rules for applying, their own eligibility criteria, and their own closing date for applications. The CSC does not impose any age limit on applicants, but nominating bodies may do so in line with their own priorities.
- Applicants must make an application using the CSC’s Electronic Application System (EAS), in addition to any other application that you are required to complete by your nominating body.
- Applicants application must be submitted to and endorsed by one of the approved nominating bodies listed above. The CSC will not accept any applications that are not submitted via the EAS.
For more information on the scholarship application please visit the official link
The most recent application deadline for this program will be communicated as soon as possible please continue checking this site for this updated informations.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND THAT YOU VIEW THE FOLLOWING ARTICLES:
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.