Commonwealth Scholarships Application 2018/2019
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the UK (CSC) awards over 900 commonwealth scholarships and fellowships for postgraduate study and professional development to Commonwealth citizens each year.
Selection of candidates are on the basis of merit and their potential to contribute to the needs of their home countries.
The CSC aims to contribute to the UK’s international development aims and wider overseas interests, support excellence in UK higher education, and sustain the principles of the Commonwealth.
Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships are available by the Department for International Development (for developing Commonwealth countries), and the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy and the Scottish Government (for developed Commonwealth countries), in conjunction with UK universities.
This article categorizes the commonwealth scholarships into sections. Please check the detail to know where your country falls and apply in any UK University.
Undergraduate, Masters, PhD, Split-site PhD, fellowship and distance Learning programmes
Field of study:
Scholarship is for the field of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy and International Development (for developing Commonwealth countries).
Offers are for full tuition fee waiver and other expenses paid.
To be taken in(Country):
Scholarship Number :
Citizens of developing and developed commonwealth countries.
Candidates must be a citizen of developing and developed commonwealth countries.
This scholarship is currently unavailable. However, we shall keep you posted of the new date.
Citizens of a developing Commonwealth country, can apply for:
- Commonwealth Scholarships for Master’s and PhD study.
- Commonwealth Split-site (PhD) Scholarships for PhD candidates to spend up to 12 months in the UK as part of their doctoral studies
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarships for Master’s study, for students from developing countries who would not otherwise be able to study in the UK, jointly supported by UK universities
- Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships for Master’s study, for students from developing countries to study UK degree courses while living in their home countries
- Commonwealth Academic Fellowships for early career academics from developing countries to conduct research and network
- Commonwealth Professional Fellowships for mid-career professionals from developing countries to spend time at a UK organisation
- Commonwealth Medical Fellowships for mid-career medical staff from developing countries to enhance their clinical skills
- Singapore Commonwealth Fellowships in Innovation.( For citizen of Singapore)
- Commonwealth Scholarships for PhD or split-site PhD study. (Citizen of a developed Commonwealth country)
- Commonwealth Scholarships for undergraduate study. (All citizens of the Falkland Islands, St Helena or the Seychelles)
- Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships in other Commonwealth countries (Students from the United Kingdom)
For Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships in countries other than the UK, find out more about the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan.
You can begin the application by clicking on the links attached to the different scholarships
Other Noteworthy scholarships for international students includes
- University of Applied Sciences Kufstein Scholarships for Developing Countries Students in Austria, 2018
- 2018 World Veterinary Association Veterinary Student Scholarships for Students from Developing Countries
- Scholarship Portals for International Students, UK, USA & Developing Countries
- Commonwealth Masters and PhD Scholarships in New Zealand 2018/2019
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.