Applications for the COMNAP Fellowship Program is currently been submitted. This award is basically available for current doctoral students or those who hold PhD degree within 5 years. Fellows will be carrying out a research on Antarctic fields. Maximum of three awards will be given. Each of those covers AUD $30,000. The deadline is 1 July 2017.
The Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research (SCAR), the Council of Managers of National Antarctic Programmes (COMNAP) and the Commission for the Conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources (CCAMLR) are working together to attract talented and skilled early-career researchers, scientists, engineers and other professionals to strengthen international capacity and cooperation in fields such as climate, biodiversity, conservation, humanities and astrophysics research.
1 to 3 awards will be given in 2017; up to AUD $30,000 per award; Home institute to fund the work of the scientist during the proposed period of tenure of the scholarship; Senior scientist with experience of CCAMLR agrees role of Mentor.
Level and Area of Studies
Research program in Antarctic related field.
Place of Study
The research will be taken abroad.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Current PhD researcher (or within 5 years of finishing PhD) from a CCAMLR Member;
- Attending CCAMLR Scientific Committee workshops or working group meetings and relevant preparatory meetings;
- Should make scientific contribution to the work of CCAMLR and relate to the current priorities of the Scientific Committee.
Eligible candidates should be the citizens of COMNAP member country.
Application packet must be consisting the materials as follow:
- Research proposal (with relevant appendices);
- Home Institute reference;
- Host Institute agreement.
1 July 2017.