CSIR is glad to announce that the application is currently ongoing for the De Beers Bursary in South Africa 2022 for new applicants. If you are a South African Student this could be the lifetime opportunity you have been waiting to push your academics further.
World scholarship forum being the best scholarship/bursary portal has taken it upon itself to provide you with all South African Scholarships/Bursary for local and international studies and this is one of them.
About De Beers
The story of the De Beers company dates all the way back to 1888 when it was founded by Cecil Rhodes, who received financing from Alfred Beit (a South African diamond magnate) and N M Rothschild & Sons bank in London.
But it is supposed that the company’s history goes back to 1866, once the Eureka Diamond wad was discovered. De Beers’ two shareholders include Anglo-American (who have 85 percent ) and the Republic of Botswana Government (who have the rest of the 15 percent ).
Now the De Beers Group of companies that specializes in diamonds also continues to be included with the majority of steps of this diamond pipeline, for example, diamond mining; diamond exploration; diamond sorting; diamond trading; diamond detail; in addition to industrial diamond manufacturing sectors.
The international corporation employs over 20 000 staff and operates in 35 countries, with mining taking place in South Africa; Namibia; Canada, and Botswana. The company sells about 35% of the rough diamonds in the world.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched scholarships you can utilize in 2022
- Fully Funded Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries
- Scholarships For Developing Countries
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS
What you need to know
Bursaries applications can be submitted throughout the year, as some of these bursaries do not have an appointed time of closing date, but candidates applying De Beers Bursary are urged to send their applications ahead of time, so it reaches them before the closing date.
Level/Field of Study
The De Beers bursary will be awarded to students studying/ intending on studying within one of the following fields:
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Metallurgy Engineering
- Mine Survey
- Geology (specializing in Geotechnical Engineering/ Rock Engineering
This Scholarship is to be taken in SOUTH AFRICA.
The Bursary is open to all South African students to study in any of the country’s universities. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The full cost bursary will cover the following expenses: tuition fees, prescribed textbooks, accommodation, meals, a laptop allowance, and a student allowance.
National Diploma students will also receive practical training each year, and University students will be able to take part in vacation work.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted and required to attend two interviews before the bursary is awarded. Should you not receive any feedback by 30 November 2022 at the latest, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Reside in areas surrounding the mine operation
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying towards a full-time undergraduate qualification, within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or have been accepted to study at a recognized University or the University of Technology in South Africa
- Must have achieved a minimum academic result of 60% for English and 70% for Higher Grade Mathematics and Science
- Proven financial need
How to Apply
You may apply in one of the following ways:
1) Online at: http://cw.gradx.net/
(You will need to register an account and then log in to complete your application. The promo code to be used in F2019)
2) By downloading and completing the De Beers Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
You will be required to submit copies of the following supporting documentation – if you are applying online: these documents must be uploaded to your online profile,
if you are applying with the application form: you must attach copies of the documents and not originals (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Photograph (passport size)
- Grade 11 final results (current Matric students)
- Matric certificate (if completed Matric)
- Proof of admission into a tertiary institution
- Full academic record to date (current tertiary students)
If you are applying via the hard copy application form, your application must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: email@example.com
2) Fax: 086 609 7183
CareerWise (Pty) Ltd
PO Box 30632
(Applications submitted after these dates will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
Contact the Bursary Provider
For any queries related to this bursary program, please contact Career Wise (the bursary administrator) directly:
Tel: 011 403 0933/ 086 100 7787
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- Karnataka Vidyasiri Scholarship
- 17 Undergraduate Scholarships For Chemistry Students
- Easy Step by Step Procedures to get Finland Student Visa
- University of Gavle Scholarship for Undergraduate & Masters Students in Sweden
- Top 20 Masters Scholarships in Biotechnology
- Danish Government Scholarship at the University of Southern Denmark
- Namibian Mobile telecommunication company Bursary Programme
- SEDISA Trust Bursary South Africa
- Maize Trust Bursary in South Africa
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.