The new Edufrica Home and Overseas Scholarship is now ongoing for African Students for the academic year 2021.
This Scholarship aims to support students who demonstrate the greatest potential to excel in their field of study, and have a positive impact on society.
Edufrica is an online multimedia platform, which addresses the informational and planning needs of African scholars and students in Africa and overseas.
Field of study:
Offers are to learn any of the courses by the university.
- $250 scholarships for Africa-base students(3): One shall be for each at undergraduate, masters and PhD levels.
- $500 scholarships for overseas-based students(3): We will strive to distribute the scholarships between different geographical locations. Students studying in any continent besides Africa can apply.
- One $250 hardship fund: This is open to overseas-based African students who run into unexpected hardships and need some support to pull through. Priority will be for students in their final year of study or those undertaking big projects.
To be taken in(Country):
Africa and overseas
Scholarship Number :
African students are eligible to apply for the Africa Home and Overseas Scholarships.
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome, and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Academic excellence: This is the most important consideration for the scholarship. We will select those who demonstrate excellence in their studies.
- Service to the community: Applicants should demonstrate ways they contribute to their community.
- Citizenship: An applicant must be a citizen of an African country; if you are studying overseas, you must be doing so as an international student with your home country’s passport.
- Permanent residents of non-African countries do not qualify.
- You must have at least one year in your current program and be able to produce transcripts.
- must complete all sections of the application form and be ready to produce documents for your claims (e.g. proof of registration at a university)
- Candidate must register in an accredited university either in Africa or overseas and enroll full time in the university.
- Your essays must be within the word limit. One of the ways to demonstrate intelligence is to communicate concisely and effectively. Keep it short and straightforward.
- Applicants whose first language is not English are to provide evidence of proficiency in English at a higher level by the University.
How to Apply
Complete the Edufrica Home and Overseas Scholarship application form. As part of the application process, you also need to submit one essay.
Write an essay discussing your dream for the continent or your country and your role in it. What do you wish to see and do after graduation? What do you wish different stakeholders on the continent would do? (max. 500 words) Hardship scholarship only: Please describe the nature of the hardship and why you do not have any other way of raising funds to address it.
The deadline for the Edufrica Home and Overseas Scholarship application is July 25, annually. However, applications for 2021 haven’t started yet. Stay tuned to our website for updates.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- FirstRand Laurie Dippenaar Scholarship
- Harvard Business School Global Fellowship
- SEOF Scholarship For Nigerian Students (SHARE THIS)
- South African Tourism Internship Programme, [Updated]
- DAAD Scholarships For All Students -APPLY NOW
- Science Bursaries in South Africa
- Agbami Scholarship For Undergraduate Students
- Kenneth Lindsay Scholarship for Israel Students in the UK
- List of South African Scholarships – APPLY
- Adelaide Sarawak Alumni Scholarship at University of Adelaide in Australia