It may seem as though essay topic examples are not necessary because they are just topics, no. Essay topic examples are very essential.
When approaching an essay, it’s amazing when you choose the best essay topics that will enable you to write a great essay.
In this article, we explore essay topic examples, examples of argumentative essay topics, examples of persuasive essay topics, etc.
Examples Of Argumentative Essay Topics
An argumentative essay is a branch of essay writing that requires the writer to probe a topic; collect, generate, and evaluate data to establish a position on an issue shortly and sweetly. An argumentative essay demands an extensive research of literature or previously published information.
Below are some topic sentence examples for an Argumentative essay:
- Should abortion be made illegal?
- Do people abuse their right to carry guns?
- Does our educational system suit our society?
- Do you think manufacturers are responsible for the effects of the chemicals used in creating their products?
- Does police brutality have a racial aspect?
- Do you think that illegal immigrants be granted residency?
- Will people ever be able to survive without the Internet?
- Does the media breach the privacy of famous people?
- Is the death penalty a just punishment?
- Are there moral concerns that make genetic cloning illegal?
Example Of Persuasive Essay Topics
A persuasive essay is writing that uses logic and reason to show that one idea is superior to another. Its goal is to persuade a reader to adopt a specific belief or to take a particular action by using logical arguments and emotional appeal to lure readers to a specific view.
Below are some topic sentence examples for a Persuasive essay:
- Should wealthy people pay more taxes?
- Should families choose the schools that their children attend?
- Are teenagers more impolite than other generations?
- Should teachers use social media to communicate with their students?
- Should students have to learn sex education in school?
- Are people with mental illnesses treated relatively by society?
- Is social media beneficial or harmful?
- Do violent video games make people more violent?
- Is capital punishment ethical?
- Should we give money to homeless people?
- Should countries use a military draft?
- Vaccines can result in Autism.
- People are contributing to global warming.
- Are drunk drivers punished appropriately?
Example Of Narrative Essay Topics
A narrative essay tells a story.
Sometimes a narrative essay is a story about a personal experience. This type of essay, along with the descriptive essay, allows you to get unique and creative, unlike most academic writing.
Below are some topic sentence examples for a narrative essay:
- Experience Is a Teacher
- The influence of media on culture
- Narrate a lecture that has inspired you to get out there and do great things
- Food traditions in your family
- Describe your observation of an act of cowardice. Explain why you think it was cowardly and share what you would have done instead.
- Your favorite holiday and how you celebrate it in your culture
- How culture defines a person
- What would you do next if you were a best-selling musician and had just come off of your most successful album?
- Have you ever seen a film that urged you to go out and do great things?
- Your cultural identity
Example Of Research Essay Topics
Research is a systematic process of taking and evaluating information to increase our understanding of the phenomenon under study.
A research essay takes off from researched sources to back up your ideas, observations, insights, analyses, and evaluations.
Furthermore, a research essay is sometimes regarded as a research paper; it makes a writer compare their thoughts with the work of other scholars. It involves keen research; it needs a thesis statement.
Below are some topic sentence examples for a research essay:
- Are adults often wiser and correct in their choices and opinions?
- Technology can cause a gap between generations. True or False?
- How intelligence tests segregate society
- Can amusement parks have an educative objective apart from an entertaining one?
- Alternative medicine vs. traditional medicine
- What can developed countries do to aid underdeveloped countries?
- Do immigrants have a good or bad impact on a country’s economy?
- What stereotypes are related to people from your country, and is there any truth to those?
- Should steroids be allowed in sports?
- What can be done to prevent cyberbullying?
Example Of Expository Essay Topics
An expository essay intends to explain or describe something; it provides a clear, focused explanation of a specific subject, process, or set of ideas. An expository essay does not aim to prove a point but to give a balanced view of its subject.
However, expository essays test a writer’s understanding of a subject. This essay requires using facts rather than mere opinions.
Below are some topic sentence examples for an expository essay:
- Explain why someone you know should be termed a leader.
- Why is graduating from high school essential?
- Explain why parents are sometimes strict.
- How can one distinguish a leader in a group?
- Explore why some cities have curfews for teens.
- How to overcome the fright of public speaking
- Explore why some students are forced to leave school once they are sixteen.
- Why teenagers join gangs and the dangers associated with it
- Explain why getting a driver’s license is an important event in the lives of many teenagers.
- Describe the major stressors in teens’ lives.
Example Of Descriptive Essay Topics
A descriptive essay is an essay that narrates a thing using a descriptive and engaging approach.
Generally, a descriptive essay should describe the experience of a writer or something the writer knows about, with enough detail to communicate the subject to a reader.
However, examples of persuasive essay topics surround personal experience or a formal description.
Below are some topic sentence examples for a Descriptive essay:
- Describe yourself to someone who you have never met
- A perfect companion for me personally
- Talk about your favorite memory.
- A stranger that caught my eye
- Describe your favorite literary character
- The person that inspires you
- My funniest memory
- The earliest memory you possess
- How I frequently end my day
- The most memorable day of school
Example Of Personal Essay Topics
A personal essay is a category of essay writing that serves to describe a vital lesson gathered from a writer’s life experiences. However, the article often describes a significant event from a first-person perspective and can be done in various writing styles, like a formal essay or creative nonfiction.
Below are some topic sentence examples for a Personal essay:
- The happiest moment of your life
- Why you made a difficult choice
- A time you were betrayed
- Your bravest moment.
- Someone who annoys you
- A time when you lost someone
- What makes your parents unique?
- How do you overcome your worst fear?
- Who is the person you admire the most?
- How does your favorite work of art inspire you?
Example Of Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
A compare and contrast essay evaluates two or more topics, analyzing their similarities and differences. Although, writing a comparison or contrast essay aims not to expose the obvious but rather to outline subtle differences or unexpected similarities between two subjects.
Below are some topic sentence examples for a compare and contrast essay:
- Care at hospital vs. care at home
- Conversations with humans or bots
- Getting a part-time job vs. partying in college
- Freedom of expression and limitation of freedom
- E-learning vs. classroom learning
- Baby Boomers vs. Millennials
- Virtual vs. real classrooms
- Economic growth and political unrest
- Capitalism vs. communism
- Economic growth or per capita income
With the essay topics, we shared in this article, we trust you can choose the best topic. However, the best picks are topics that resonate with you. choose from our variety of essay topic examples.
Here is an outline of some of the most common essay topics:
Art. censorship of art and artists. …
Business & Money. small vs large business. …
Communication & Personality. technology and communication. …
Crime & Punishment. prisons vs rehabilitation. …
Economics. cash vs credit cards. …
Education. children and education. …
Environment. animals. …
Family & Children
Choose a topic that can be reasonably addressed in the essay length that you are writing. If your topic is too broad, you will not be able to address it in a thorough or interesting manner. If your topic is too narrow, you may not have enough to write about and may have difficulty finding research resources.
Personal Essay Topics for High School Students
What inspires you?
What inanimate object best embodies you?
What kind of person do you want to be—and what kind of person are you now?
What makes you proud?
What do your parents not understand about you?
Describe a rite of passage you’ve completed and what it meant to you.
Also, they make your text look ordered and clear. The title must bear the theme of the text: choose a title that summarizes the essay. Capitalize all words with certain exceptions: Capitalize the first letter of every word in the title, but do not capitalize pronouns, articles, prepositions, and conjunctions
A short essay is 500 words long, which is about two pages with double spacing and one page with single spacing. That number is based on the assumption that you use Times New Roman font (12pt) with standard margins. Various formatting styles have different requirements for those elements.
Tips On How To Write Essay On Women Empowerment| Full Guide & Sample
How To Write An Essay On Gender Inequality | Best Guide
Tips On How To Write Essay On Smoke | Full Guide & Sample
Michigan State University Global Voices Essay Contest 2022 for Latin America