Application for Africana Futurism 2022 is ongoing!
Pollicy believes literature to be an important way through which our longings, desires, and identities are shared and built. Exploring the ways Africans today view technology could therefore improve our understanding of how to build inclusive and empowering technology which would be beneficial to all.
These stories will go a long way, to document the contributions of Africans to advancing technology for Africa.
They welcome submissions of all kinds of fiction centering the relationship between Africans and technology in the past, present and future.
Africana Futurism 2022- Submission Process
We welcome original manuscripts from African nationals with the following guidelines:
- Stories should be focused on Africa and Africans experiences with technology
- Manuscripts should be no more than 5000 words
- Manuscripts should be written in Times New Roman, 12pt font, 1.5 spacing
- Manuscripts may be submitted in doc, docx formats only
- Only previously unpublished works may be submitted
- Only one manuscript per author should be submitted.
Intellectual Property Rights
Copyright in the submitted manuscript remains the property of the submitting author.
By submitting the Content to Pollicy, the submitting author hereby grants to Pollicy a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide licence to use, reproduce, distribute, modify, copy, publicly perform or display, translate or create derivative works of your content/manuscript for the full period of copyright in the manuscript including all periods of renewal, extension and revival of the copyright and thereafter in perpetuity.
- The submitting author represents and warrants that he/she owns the intellectual property rights in the manuscript and that the submitted manuscript does not infringe or misappropriate the intellectual property rights of any third party.
- The submitting author represents and warrants that the manuscript will not contain material subject to any third-party copyright or other proprietary rights unless the submitting author has obtained all rights, licenses, consents, permissions, power and/or authority necessary to grant the rights granted to Pollicy herein in respect of the submitted manuscript.
- The submitting author undertakes and warrants that the manuscript does not incorporate any material that infringes any right of confidentiality or privacy, nor does it contain any obscene, blasphemous or defamatory matter, and its exploitation shall not place any person in contempt of court nor in breach of any provision of any statute;
- The submitting author agrees to indemnify Pollicy and keep Pollicy indemnified at all times against all or any costs, claims, damages, or expenses incurred by Pollicy, or for which Pollicy may become liable, with respect to any intellectual property infringement claim or other claim relating to the manuscript submitted by the submitting author to Pollicy
Africana Futurism 2022- Prizes
There will be a panel to review the scripts received based on the criteria highlighted above and other agreed
Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 manuscripts and the top 15 manuscripts will be accepted for publication in our collection.
- 1st prize: US$1,000
- 2nd prize: US$500
- 3rd prize: US$250
Africana Futurism 2022- Eligibility Criteria
- Africans within or outside Africa may submit
- Applicants must be between the ages of 16 – 27 at the time of submission Plagiarism is strictly prohibited.
For inquiries about your eligibility please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The above eligibility criteria must be strictly adhered to to avoid disqualification If you meet the criteria CLICK HERE to register and submit!
The deadline for submission of manuscripts is April 15, 2022. You should expect to hear back from us within 3 months of this deadline.
- Netflix Creative Equity Scholarship Fund (CESF) In Sub-Saharan Africa
- Microsoft Africa Research Institute (MARI) PhD Internship for Africa
- Ken Bernhardt Outstanding Collegiate Marketer of the Year Award
- GIZ Accelerator Program for Climate Change Innovations
- ClimateScience Olympiad ($15,000 prize)
- Africa AgTech and Inclusive Insurance Challenge