Application for Full Tuition Fee Global Corporations And International Law PhD Scholarships 2022 is ongoing!
About Global Corporations And International Law PhD Scholarships
The Program aims to generate a breakthrough in approaches to the growing challenge to democracy posed by global corporations and to create a world-leading research program and infrastructure on which a better relationship between states and global corporations can be based in the future.
It will investigate the relationship between corporations, companies, states, and international laws from the early modern period to the present day, to examine the role of international law in enabling global corporate power, and to identify the potential for international law and institutions to limit it and harness it to public benefit.
Full Tuition Fee Global Corporations and International Law PhD Scholarships 2022 is available to undertake PhD level programs at University of Melbourne.
Following subjects are available to study under this scholarship program.
In the first instance, applicants should submit the following items to Professor Sundhya Pahuja:
- Full CV (including publications, if any).
- All prior undergraduate and graduate academic transcripts, including full grading scales.
- Information on prior research completed (e.g., Honours thesis, Masters’ thesis, essays longer than about 5,000 words, with titles and abstracts).
- A writing sample of a substantial assessed research paper or thesis by the applicant.
- Research proposal of two pages (maximum); this may be at the general ideas stage, or an expression of interest in an identified area of research set out in the doctoral project section, with some initial thoughts on a particular project.
If shortlisted, Professor Pahuja will contact applicants, usually with feedback on the initial research proposal, who will then be asked also to provide the following:
- Two referee reports about the candidate. To maintain confidentiality, the referee reports are to be sent directly from the referees to Professor Sundhya Pahuja.
- A more substantial research proposal (1,500 to 2,000 words)
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis from 1 April 2022 until 30 September 2022. Early offers may be made to outstanding candidates, so early applications are best. PhD Start date in Feb 2023, or later in 2023 by agreement.