Application for the Visual art fund project 2022 is ongoing!
The Visual Arts Division at the Goethe-Institut’s headquarters provides funding for projects from the fields of visual arts, architecture, design, and art education/cultural mediation as well as interdisciplinary formats.
If you are planning a project in the fields of theatre, dance, music, or performance, please apply for the Goethe-Institut’s International Coproduction Fund.
Who is eligible for the Visual art fund project?
Applications that meet our criteria are submitted to a jury of experts and representatives of the Goethe-Institut for decision. In making its decision, the jury will be guided by the following award criteria:
- Project quality and roles of the participating cultural operators in their respective scenes
- Expected impact of artistic or discursive results
- Contemporary relevance of the questions and objectives
- Balanced and dialogical approach to cooperation without one project partner dominating
- Establishment of continuing cooperation structures
- Consideration of ecological and social sustainability and inclusiveness in the project’s implementation
- Budget with details of your own/third-party funds (at least 10% of the funding amount) and a solid financial plan. Please give reasons if no own funds are available and acquiring thrid-party fundds is not possible.
- Preference is given to projects between partners from Germany and transition countries and the Global South.
In January 2022 applicants will be informed about the results of the jury meeting that will take place after the application deadline in mid-October.
Application deadlines: 15 October 2022
How to apply for The Visual art fund project
Please submit your application for the Visual Arts Project Fund electronically via the Goethe-Institut’s Application Portal. Applications can only be submitted in English.
The instructions for the application form provide information on the fields you have to fill in and the documents you have to submit. Please read the instructions carefully before filling in an application form.
FAQs on the Visual art fund project
No, unfortunately, we cannot offer this option. However, you are welcome to contact both the institutes abroad and the Visual Arts Division at the Goethe-Institut’s headquarters for assistance in finding a participating institution.
Your project has to be presented publicly in at least one location in a professional environment outside Germany. However, the involvement of several locations increases your application’s chances, which in this case can be supported by a correspondingly higher funding amount.
Your application is to be submitted and processed via the Goethe-Institut’s application portal. Once we have received your application, it will be reviewed by the Visual Arts Division at the Goethe-Institut’s headquarters.
A jury will discuss all applications received that meet our criteria and make a decision regarding funding.