Application for WARC Travel Grants 2022 is ongoing!
The WARC Travel Grants provide travel costs up to $1,500 and a stipend of $1,500 to West African scholars.
About WARC Travel Grants
The WARC Travel Grants program promotes intra-African cooperation and exchange among researchers and institutions by providing support to African scholars and graduate students for research visits to other institutions on the continent
Type: Research Grants
This competition is open only to West African nationals, with preference given to those affiliated with West African colleges, universities, or research institutions.
The WARC Travel Grant provides travel costs up to $1,500 and a stipend of $1,500. Travel grant funds may be used to:
- attend and present papers at academic conferences relevant to the applicant’s field of research;
- visit libraries or archives that contain resources necessary to the applicant’s current academic work;
- engage in collaborative work with colleagues at another institution;
- travel to a research site.
How to Apply
- Abstract (50-80 words) of proposed activity with a clear statement of purpose
- Project/Research description (6 double-spaced pages maximum) including why travel is necessary (must be in language understandable to non-specialist readers)
- Proposed budget
- Curriculum vitae (with research and teaching record)
- Photocopy of the applicant’s passport (must be a West African national)
- All applications must be submitted online in PDF documents
- If attending a conference:
– an abstract of the paper to be read
– letter of acceptance to the conference
- If visiting another institution:
– invitation from host institution
- If travel is to consult archives or other materials:
– a description of the collections to be consulted and their significance to the applicant’s research
- If you are a graduate student:
– letter of recommendation from professor overseeing your research
Please address inquiries to
West African Research Center/Centre de Recherche Ouest Africaine
Application Deadline: 15th March 2022
FAQs on WARC Travel Grants
The deadline for entry submission for this program is on 15th March 2022.
The WARC Travel Grant provides travel costs up to $1,500 and a stipend of $1,500.