The Students Financial Aid Office (SFAO) is accepting 2023 applications for the award of Scholarships from the Fondazione Edu scholarship scheme for Level 100 students from areas of need in Ghana.
We have the Full Detail for the Fondazione Edu Scholarship 2023 for Undergraduate Students in Ghana. You can Only Win if you can read this article to the end.
Table of contents
About Fondazione Edu
Fondazione Edu is a family foundation specializing in higher education in Africa. It was founded in 2005 to realize the desire of the founders to promote young people’s access to higher education in developing countries, namely Africa.
Its focus is on the disciplines of technical-scientific and agronomic. They offer African students the opportunity to access higher education in their country of origin. They not only support individual growth paths but also create professionalism that can, in the long run, contribute to sustainable socio-economic development.
The activities of the Fondazione Edu are designed to foster capacity building in Africa and result in the provision of scholarships for university studies that cover the entire cost of training and its associated costs.
Why Studying in Ghana
Education is a prominent component of life in Ghana. The country is actively working to improve its literacy rate and strengthen its overall economy. The adult literacy rate here is about 71 percent.
Males are more likely to have an education than females. In terms of opportunities for higher education, the country has numerous choices for students.
The country has 21 public training colleges, most of which offer specialized education for students who need between one and three years of education. There are 18 technical institutions present and two institutions issuing diplomas.
The country is also home to six universities and various private programs. The following is a list of the public universities available in the country:
- The University of Ghana
- University of Cape Coast
- University of Education
- University of Mines and Technology
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
- University for Develop Studies
Additionally, the country has attracted private investment and school development. Several new universities have developed in recent years, all of which are private institutions. These include:
- Ghana Telecom University Colleges
- Central University College
- Ashesi University College
- Methodist University College of Ghana
- Regent University College of Science and Technology
- Valley View University
Level/Field of study:
The scholarships are available for pursuing the undergraduate program in technical-scientific and agronomics. see more Undergraduate Programmes
The scholarship is hosted by the Fondazione Edu scholarship scheme in the University of Ghana.
The scholarship is open to indigenous students studying at the University of Ghana visit the University of Ghana
The number of offers was not specified.
The Scholarship will cover tuition, books, and room and board, and will be awarded for four years as long as excellent academic standards of at least a B average of 3.00 CGPA continue to be met and need is demonstrated.
The following criteria must be met for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
You are eligible to apply if you:
- A Level 100 student
- Obtained an aggregate of 14 or better at the WASSCE.
- Are able to demonstrate limited family income and/or insufficient funds to cover most or all educationally related expenses.
- Have the will to succeed (determination, perseverance, and success in other pursuits).
- Continuing science student with CGPA 3.75 and above (very limited slots)
Download and Submit a completed FE- SFAO FORM AF SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION and the required essays, a copy of your academic records (WASSCE grades) letters of recommendation, and supporting need documents.
For inquiries call the Students Financial Aid Office on 020-518-6904/0302- 945-312 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The STUDENTS FINANCIAL AID OFFICE is located at House No. 11 East Legon – Main Campus behind the College of Agriculture and Consumer Sciences and opposite CEGENSA. NOTE: SCIENCE STUDENTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
The following are examples of documents that can be used to support this application:
- An official pay slip or payroll record of parents/guardians or the applicant.
- Recent school receipts/ bills of siblings of school-going age.
- Tax return receipts– IRS, VAT, tabletop hawking receipts, etc.
- Birth Certificates (of siblings).
- Death Certificate or Burial permit (in case of death of a parent).
- Pension letter for retired parents/guardians.
- Bank Statements / Ghana Cocoa Board Farmers Association Passbook.
- SSNIT contribution statements.
- Money transfer receipts.
- National Health Insurance receipts (showing premium paid).
- Evidence of other dependents of parents/guardians.
- Any other supporting documents that you believe will assist in the processing, of your application.
- High School Transcripts (Terminal Reports)
- West African Senior School Certificate Exam Results (WASSCE)
- University Acceptance Letter
- Records regarding achievement tests, academic awards, honors, and substantive assessments by teachers, including letters of recommendation.
- Confirm that you are not currently receiving support through any other scholarship program
It is important that your eligibility for student financial aid be based on accurate information. In doing so, together, we can ensure that the right students get financial support and that the integrity of the University of Ghana Students Financial Aid programme is preserved.
You can begin the application and get more details by clicking the
Check this out: WACCI International Scholarship of Ghana Ph.D. Training 2023 [Updated]
Currently, this scholarship is unavailable but we shall keep you posted on the new date
Applying for Ghanaian Student Visas
Students will need to obtain a visa to study here. The student visa requires students already to have an active passport and acceptance into a school.
An application for office student visas must be sent along with an invitation letter to the embassy for the student to receive a visa.
There are fees associated with obtaining the visa, but for most students, the process is straightforward.
Facts About living in Ghana?
Ghana is an ethnically diverse country. It has a low cost of living in some areas, but imported products can be very expensive. This contributes to a higher than most countries’ cost of living in modern cities.
Most of the country is not modernized. However, low inflation helps to keep things affordable.
In terms of culture, the country has strong art, music, and dance history. Most of its culture is influenced by the Kingdoms of the Akan, an ancient culture from the.
Ghana has a diverse population and numerous reasons to study here. However, one of the biggest impacts of doing so is the ability to contribute to the country after you graduate.
Salaries for even very in-demand countries remain low. Still, the ability to contribute to the well-being and improvement of the country could be a moral reason to get your education here. With opportunities to do so readily available, it may be the ideal place to study.
- Commonwealth Scholarships for Pakistan Students
- Low Tuition Universities in South Africa [UPDATED]
- Ongoing: List of Singapore Scholarships – Apply
- Free Scholarships for Ethiopian Students [UPDATED]
- Fully Funded Scholarship Programme for ASEAN Students
- Herbert Lehman Scholarship
- 15,500 IE Foundation Digital Scholarships for Teachers, Students, and Young Professionals
- De Beers Bursary in South Africa