Electricity is one of the basic necessities in the world today. Every society relies heavily on electrical energy and power supply facilities to live their lives and manage their operations.
Without an adequate power supply, you can’t use a phone or run a computer that is why there is a massive demand for Electrical Engineers and Technicians in companies and industries.
Will you like to work in the electrical technology sector? Do you want to learn about power generation systems? If your answer is yes, you can make your dream a reality by taking free online electrical courses.
These courses will give you the practical skills and knowledge you need to build a solid foundation in any electrical career.
Additionally, an online certification in electrical technology will prepare you to thrive in today’s global world, which needs more highly-skilled professionals than ever.
We will connect you with the best online electrical course options that will help you fit into the wide range of interesting opportunities in this field.
To see the details of these programs, carefully follow the contents outlined below, and select the option that best fits your demands.
Table of contents
- About Electrical Profession
- Why Free Online Electrical Courses?
- How Do Free Online Free Online Electrical Courses With Certificates Work?
- How do I Apply For Free Online electrical Engineering/Electrician courses?
- What Is The Duration For Online Electrical/electrician Course?
- What are the Best Free Online Electrical Courses?
- #1. Introduction to Basic Electrical Drawings and Test Equipment – Revised
- #2. Battery Storage Technology: Opportunities and Uses
- #3. Construction Engineering and Management MasterTrack Certificate
- #4. Introduction to Electronics
- #5. Energy Production, Distribution & Safety
- #6. Critical Facility: Power Supply Management
- #7. Solar Energy Basics
- #8. Introduction to Electrical Wiring Systems
- #9. Electrical Transformer Components
- #10. Wind Energy
- What Are The Benefits Of Free Online Courses?
- What Can I Do With A free Online electrical Certificate?
- How Much Do Electrical Engineers Earn?
- What Is The Career Prospect For Professionals In Electrical Technology?
- Frequently Asked Questions For Free Online Electrical Courses With certificates
- Article Sources
- We Also Recommend
About Electrical Profession
An Electrical Engineer or technologist is a person who is skillful in the designs and development of electrical systems, has the ability to identify and solve electrical and electronic problems.
These professionals test and supervise the manufacturing of electrical equipment, like the Circuit breakers, Transformers electric motors, Electric switchboards, radar, and navigation systems.
Why Free Online Electrical Courses?
Electrical technology is not limited to studying science and mathematics. It also covers areas like economics, business, ethics, and communication. However, there are numerous benefits connected with the Electrical engineering discipline. some of these benefits include;
- Online Electrical courses will help you adapt to new tasks and processes speedily.
- This career path will expose you to projects and top industries that will benefit you.
- Electrical discipline helps builds one up intellectually.
- This discipline offers you the opportunity to be a highly innovative individual potential and thus contribute to the growth of technology.
- Gives you Prestige and financial Security.
How Do Free Online Free Online Electrical Courses With Certificates Work?
Just like every other distant program, the online electrical class uses the Learning Management System.
LMS method which includes the use of Blackboard, Canvas, and Moodle, provides an accessible exchange of information between you and your Instructor.
During online classes, you receive your study materials, lectures, and assignments via email or some kind of file transfer system. You submit course assignments through LMS by posting on discussion forums and submitting tasks through applicable links.
Another option for online classes involves the use of an online proctoring service.
This helps to monitor students as they work. It also permits degree candidates to take assessments away from campus and also provides schools with confidence that students honestly earned their grades.
If you exhibit any form of cheating or malpractice, the service may alert the school.
However, the online electrical course provides an introduction to electronic, electrical and systems engineering. It is an interesting opportunity that will expose you to the following coursework;
- Overview of Electrical, Electronic and Systems Engineering
- Introduction to systems and systems terminology
- Transducers and their purpose
- Electronic systems in the context
- Issues relating to solar power/batteries in space
- Introduction to the Space Weather research group
- Electrical circuits
- The differences between analog and digital Electrical Engineering
- Introduction to digital electronics
- Overview of control systems for rail platform shield walls
How do I Apply For Free Online electrical Engineering/Electrician courses?
Choosing to take an online course in electrical technology to learn a new skill, or even just as a refresher for the skills you already have is a very honorable thing to do.
The enrollment steps and considerations highlighted below will help you on how to get started.
The first step you need to take is to choose an online electrician course, thereafter you obtain a form and complete the registration process. See the list and details of the available programs below.
During the registration process, you’ll be required to set up an account that includes some personal information. Unlike other online courses, an electrical class may not involve you uploading the electronic versions of your documents.
Only a few online electrical courses may require an interview, which can be conducted over the phone or online, on Skype.
An interview on Skype is just like a traditional interview. In this case, ensure your computer camera works well and you have a good internet connection. Also, dress formally just like you would for an offline interview.
Online Courses are fully compatible with any kind of device and internet connection. Whether you are using Windows computers, Mac, smartphones or tablets, you will get the same experience while learning.
On completion of the online registration and interview, you will be granted access to select your degree level and course of study then you can start enrolling in any classes.
You begin by choosing the specialization you’d like to start with. When you subscribe to a course that is part of a Specialization, you’re automatically subscribed to the full program.
After completing and passing the course successfully, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement.
What Is The Duration For Online Electrical/electrician Course?
The length of online classes varies according to schools or course providers. However, some schools offer coursework that can be completed in as little as five weeks, while others don’t have to be finished within a year’s time.
A typical free online electrical course with certificates lasts 12 weeks, some may take up to 14 weeks depending on the type of program.
You have to understand that the duration of your online courses lies in your power. For instance, most instructors post assignments at the beginning of the program, so, if a course is said to last eight to nine weeks, you can complete the work and submit as you choose.
What are the Best Free Online Electrical Courses?
Free online electrical courses have everything you need to understand electrical systems from start to finish. From the management of critical commercial and industrial equipment to the diagnosis and repair and maintenance of basic electrical circuits.
We have compiled a list of 10 free online programs for interested students. Our selection criteria for these programs are focused on the duration and nature of the coursework offered. We also considered the quality of education, average earnings of graduates, accreditation, and several other relevant factors.
As you read further, you will get detailed information on the various programs offered by the free online schools listed below.
- Introduction to Basic Electrical Drawings and Test Equipment – Revised
- Battery Storage Technology: Opportunities and Uses
- Construction Engineering and Management MasterTrack Certificate
- Introduction to Electronics
- Energy Production, Distribution & Safety
- Critical Facility: Power Supply Management
- Solar Energy Basics
- Introduction to Electrical Wiring Systems
- Electrical Transformer Components
- Wind Energy
#1. Introduction to Basic Electrical Drawings and Test Equipment – Revised
This specialization tops the list of our free electrical courses. The reason is that it is focused on the basics of electrical technology.
In this course, you will learn to Interpret electrical drawings accurately and learn the uses of important electrical equipment with this online course.
By the end of the course, you will know the concept of power, lighting, and communication, and be much more familiar with important electrical symbols and test equipment.
This course is provided by Alison and already has 30,952 enrolled, you can apply to join them.
You can take your career to the next level by enrolling in one of the best Electrical Engineering school in The World
#2. Battery Storage Technology: Opportunities and Uses
This is a 3 weeks program provided by EIT InnoEnergy.
In this course, you’ll learn about promising battery storage technologies; exploring their workings, strengths, weaknesses, and a possible place in Europe’s future.
In addition to that, you’ll explore a range of uses of Battery storage equipment in the power sector, transportation, industry, and more.
Coursework covers the following topics;
- The need for the flexibility demand in the EU electricity industry and the role of battery storage
- Battery storage technologies: characteristics, potentials, and limitations
- Grid-scale application of battery storage
- Behind-the-meter application of battery storage
- Off-grid application of battery storage
- Battery storage application in mobility
By the end of the course, you will understand the use of battery storage technology, how it works, the opportunities it presents, and why it is not in demand today.
#3. Construction Engineering and Management MasterTrack Certificate
This is an advanced Certificate online program that will prepare you to become a skilled construction Manager in 7 months.
This specialization is brought to you by the University of Michigan; one of the top-ranked institutions in the country.
Coursework covers the following topics;
- How construction projects are created, organized, and financed
- The appropriate techniques to properly account for ongoing construction projects
- Best practices for keeping construction projects organized and on schedule
- How to use the proper equipment for efficiency and safety
- Leading sustainability practices in the construction industry today
At the end of this training, you will gain skills in construction Accounting, Project Scheduling Techniques, and more.
People also search for; 15 Free Project Management Courses Online
#4. Introduction to Electronics
This specialization is offered by Georgia Tech via Coursera. There are 100,627 already enrolled.
Georgia also offers a lot of research opportunities to students including ECE’s Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP).
In this specialization, you will learn the basic components of electronics: diodes, transistors, and operational amplifiers.
Coursework in this specialization covers the following topics;
- Concepts from linear circuit theory
- The operational amplifier and its applications
- Examining additional operational amplifier applications.
- Examining filter transfer functions
- Develop an understanding of the PN junction diode and its behavior.
- Develop an ability to analyze diode circuits
At the end of this course, you will be under the basic operation and some common applications of Electronic circuits.
#5. Energy Production, Distribution & Safety
Energy Production, Distribution & Safety is an important specialization in Electrical Technology. It is an online course option offered by the University of Buffalo and the State University New york.
This specialization features four topics that provide introductory knowledge about the energy industry and associated career opportunities to those considering a career in the electrical engineering field.
By the end of this training, you will get familiar with electric power systems, natural gas, safety practices, and the energy industry as a whole.
#6. Critical Facility: Power Supply Management
This free online Critical Facility course focuses on the supply and management of electricity for critical equipment. It is provided by Alison and currently has 2,450 Students enrollment.
In this specialization, you will learn about the safe and efficient maintenance and management of power supply systems, power distribution systems, and distribution preventative measures.
#7. Solar Energy Basics
This course is an introduction to the fundamentals of solar power as it applies to solar panel system installations. It provides a good overview of system components and functions but uses some simplified assumptions.
Solar Energy Basics is provided by OpenSunny via Coursera. there are 9,840 already enrolled in this course, you can join them by clicking on the apply button below.
By the end of this course, you will gain an understanding of advanced coverage of site assessment, factors impacting efficiency, and the sizing, design, and integration of photovoltaic systems.
#8. Introduction to Electrical Wiring Systems
This specialization course covers the essential electrical wiring systems, including raceways and device boxes.
You will learn about each of the constituent parts of an electrical wiring system, as well as proper handling techniques, and installation and storage procedures for different electrical wiring components.
Introduction to Electrical Wiring Systems is a free online electrical course option brought to you by Alison. There are 11,973 Students already enrolled, you can get started by applying below.
#9. Electrical Transformer Components
This is another specialization course powered by Alison through Coursera. You will learn about electrical transformer construction and components.
Electrical transformers are an essential component in any electrical distribution system and are vital for proper energy transmission through an electrical grid.
This online course uses detailed 3D models to teach you about the electrical transformer’s functions and components.
#10. Wind Energy
Wind Energy is a free online electrical course with 55,876 already enrolled.
This course will give you an understanding of wind energy and, through hands-on exercises, you will learn to perform wind energy calculations based on simple models.
By the end of this training, you will gain fundamental disciplines of wind energy research such as wind measurements and resource assessment, aerodynamics, wind turbine technology, structural mechanics, materials, and financial and electrical systems.
What Are The Benefits Of Free Online Courses?
Online education has a lot of benefits that is why many students consider it more advantageous than on-campus learning. Some of these benefits are listed below.
- First, online learning provides you with time and space to go deep and master a new skill.
- As a student, you can earn every academic degree online, from a career certificate to a doctorate.
- Online education proves a more affordable option than traditional schools; There are no commuting costs, and sometimes required course materials, such as textbooks, are available online at no cost.
- Students can take online courses and even complete entire degrees while working, while in-between jobs; This helps improve career advancement.
See this also 10 Good Reasons to Study Electrical Engineering
What Can I Do With A free Online electrical Certificate?
Electrical Technology is one of the science and tech professions that has a variety of job opportunities. With an online electrical certificate, you can find relevant opportunities in a range of sectors including GE Aviation, the U.S. Department of Energy, and many others.
How Much Do Electrical Engineers Earn?
The median annual wage for electrical engineers was $96,640 in May 2018 according to the US Bureau of Labour Statistics. The top 10% of all electrical engineers can earn more than $143,000 a year and engineers in the bottom 10% can expect to earn an average of $60,000 annually.
According to Payscale, an entry-level Electrical Engineer with less than 1-year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $69,134 based on 2,382 salaries.
An early career Electrical Engineer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $74,588 based on 9,168 salaries. A mid-career Electrical Engineer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $87,018 based on 4,375 salaries. An experienced Electrical Engineer with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $101,338 based on 2,154 salaries.
What Is The Career Prospect For Professionals In Electrical Technology?
Data from the US Bureau of Labour Statistics shows that the Overall employment of electrical and electronics engineers is projected to grow 2% from 2018 to 2028, slower than the average for all occupations.
As technology advances, more opportunities are open in companies and industries for engineers and technicians so, you can make the best out of these opportunities by choosing a course that will help improve your skillset.
Frequently Asked Questions For Free Online Electrical Courses With certificates
Electrical engineers design, develop, test, and supervise the manufacture of electrical equipment, such as electric motors, radar and navigation systems, communications systems, or power generation equipment.
The three ranches of electrical engineering are Power Engineering. Electronic Engineering. Computer Engineering.
Yes, you can access a lot of electrical engineering courses on eLearning platforms like Udemy, Coursera, Skillshare, and youtube.
Electrical engineering can be challenging. It is regarded as the most difficult type of engineering, primarily because it necessitates extensive abstract thought.
If you want to get a head start on learning about electricity then enroll in any of the online electrical training courses today and kickstart your career in the electrical industry.
There you will get the opportunity to learn in a way that benefits you.
- Electrician Courses: Alison.com
- Electrical Engineering: Coursera.com
- Best Electrical Engineering Schools in the USA: interestingengineering.com
- Onlineelectriciancourse: Johnacademy.co.uk