The commonwealth scholarship is awarded to outstanding international students from Commonwealth countries seeking admissions as a full-time candidate pursuing a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) program by research at the University.
This Scholarship is for new, incoming students who are not Singapore citizens or permanent residents. A number of students are selected each semester by the University for the award.
About Commonwealth PhD Scholarships in Singapore
Level of Study
This commonwealth scholarship is available for Ph.D. students to study any course in Singapore tertiary institutions. If you wish to explore more information on Ph.D. Scholarships, click on the link.
This commonwealth scholarship program is to be run in Singapore.
The commonwealth Ph.D. scholarship is designed specifically for the student in any commonwealth countries.
Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship for Ph.D. students which awards some handsome benefits that can help them in the area of academic excellence. And some of these benefits include:
- The monthly stipend of S$2,000 for International PhD students.
- scholars in the PhD program may be eligible for an additional stipend of up to $500 per month upon passing the PhD Qualifying Examination (QE), subject to good performance in research and the attainment of required standards for courses taken.
• In addition to the monthly stipend, the award also covers the annual tuition fee.
The University reserves the right to vary the amount of the stipend at any time by written notice.
Who is Eligible to apply for this commonwealth scholarship
The Scholarship is open to candidates who meet the following criteria:
- nationals from any Commonwealth countries except for Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents;
- have graduated with an undergraduate degree with at least Second Class Honours (Upper Division)/Honours (Distinction) or equivalent;
- at the time of award of the Scholarship, must have been offered admission to a full-time Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) program by research; and
- should not be on paid employment or accept paid employment or concurrently hold any other scholarship, fellowship, bursary or top-up allowance during the prescribed period of the award
How to apply for this commonwealth scholarships
To apply for commonwealth Ph.D. scholarship, Incoming graduate students should indicate their interest in their application for admission to the PhD program. Commonwealth students can apply for this scholarship when you are filling in your application form.
Complete the “Application for Scholarship” section in your application form. The first intake will commence from August 2019 onwards.
Notification of Award
Successful applicants will be informed of the outcome of their applications sometime in May (for admission in July/August) or October (for admission in January).
The Scholarship is tenable for one (1) year in the first instance and thereafter may, subject to the Scholar’s satisfactory progress, be renewed each semester at the University’s discretion. The maximum period of the Scholarship is 4 years for PhD candidates.
For More Information:
The deadline for submitting an application for this commonwealth Phd scholarships is 31 January annually.
We also recommend
- Top 20 Undergraduate Scholarships for Information Technology Students
- Sokoine University of Agriculture Indigenous PhD Scholarships, Tanzania
- PhD Scholarships At Vienna Graduate School of Finance in Austria
- Washington Adventist University Tuition, Scholarship, and Cost of Living
- VFW Voice of Democracy Scholarship Program
- Near East University for International Students in Turkey
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships
- Commonwealth Scholarships for Pakistan Students
- Bangor University, Commonwealth Scholarships for African Students-UK
- New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships for Trinidad & Tobago Students
Do you find this content helpful or do you have any questions relating to the information we provided here? please kindly drop a comment on our comment box and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.