Scholars from sub-Saharan Africa are invited to apply for the Fully Funded MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill University in Canada 2022, only scholars that have met the listed criteria will be considered for this program.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program provides academically talented young leaders from low-income backgrounds with access to world-class university education.
In all, the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill will welcome 91 Scholars from Sub-Saharan Africa, including 24 at the Master’s level. Unique to McGill, some Scholars are from French-speaking countries and will receive intensive English language training before starting their degree programs.
What You Need to Know About MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill University
Level/Field of Study
The scholarships are available for pursuing the Undergraduate programme.
Host Nationality of McGillniversity Scholars program
The scholarship is hosted by the Mcgill University, Canada.
At McGill, the holistic design of the program intends to provide students with comprehensive support, including:
- A full scholarship (school fees, living expenses, books, stipends, visas);
- Academic curricula relevant to growth sectors;
- Up to 1 year of English language instruction (if needed);
- Mentoring and counseling, including academic and social support;
- Service and experiential learning (volunteerism, internships); and
- Career counseling and connections to jobs in the scholars’ country.
The number of offers is 91 Scholars from Sub-Saharan Africa, including 24 at the Master’s level.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
Undergraduate Applicants to the Fully funded Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program
- You must qualify academically for admission to McGill University. Please note that admission is competitive; see Admissions Guide.
- You must be a first-time applicant to university (transfer applicants are not eligible).
- You must be a resident and citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country. French-speaking applicants are welcome; see List of Eligible Countries
- You must have an exceptional record of service and activity in your school and/or community.
- You must have the potential for meaningful future service to your community as a leader engaged in dynamic local and global social change.
Please note that the following programs are not eligible for funding from the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program:
- Farm Management,
- Physical and Occupational Therapy,
- Music, and
- Programs from the School of Continuing Studies.
Applying to the Fully funded scholarship at McGill University 2022:
- To apply for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars program at McGill University, you must FIRST submit an online application for admission to McGill University. The online application can be found at www.mcgill.ca/applying/apply.
- Applicants to the scholarship at McGill are exempt from paying the $107.50 application fee and must follow the special procedures.
- The following document should be read in its entirety before beginning the online application as it includes all specific instructions to apply to McGill as a prospective Mastercard Foundation Scholar:
|Additional Documents Required for Mastercard Foundation Application|
Follow the steps as listed in the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program – How to Apply. The supporting documents for your MCF application (below), must all be completed and uploaded to McGill’s online portal, Minerva to be included with your application. Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program – Application Form
PDF Version – Application FormValidation of Financial Status Form
PDF Version – Validation of Financial Status FormRecommendation Form
PDF Version – Recommendation Form To be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org NOT uploaded to Minerva
PDF Version – Identification Form
If you have questions about the application process please contact email@example.com.
The deadline for your application for admission to McGill University is December annually and all supporting documents must be received by January annually
- Mastercard Foundation Rural Prosperity Competition 2022
- University of Toronto MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program, Canada
- EducationUSA Scholars Program for Rwandan Students
- Fully Funded MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program at Arizona State University and Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
- MasterCard Foundation Scholarships for African Students At University of Edinburgh – Scotland
- Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program At University of Abomey-Calavi
- MOST POPULAR SCHOLARSHIPS IN USA (TOP 10)
- Fully Funded UBC MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program in CANADA
- MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program for African Countries
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. If no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.