The Association of Commonwealth Universities is offering eight fully-funded Masters Scholarships to allow successful applicants to study in a Commonwealth country.
In this particular offer, selected applicants will have the opportunity to pursue their master’s degree at the University of York, in the United Kingdom.
We will be brief and straight to the point. The table of content is right below.
About Commonwealth Scholarship Commission
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the United Kingdom (CSC) is responsible for managing Britain’s contribution to the CSFP.
The CSC supports around 700 awards annually. Department for International Development, the Department for Business, Innovation, and Skills, and the Scottish Government, in conjunction with UK universities, sponsor the scholarship awards.
The CSC also nominates UK citizens for scholarships to study in other Commonwealth countries under the CSFP.
About University of York
The University of York is a collegiate plate glass research university located in the city of York, England. Established in 1963, the campus university has expanded to more than thirty departments and centres, covering a wide range of subjects.
A member of the Russell Group of research-led universities, York ranks in THE World University Rankings top 150 institutions – one of the youngest universities to do so. Other achievements include a rank of 14th overall and 10th for the impact of its research in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework.
In addition, York is also the recipient of thirteen Athena Swan awards given to the university in recognition of its support for women scientists.
The university’s main campus is in the southeast of York, a short distance from the city’s historic centre.
A recent £750m expansion plan has seen the university extend its campus to include new laboratories and teaching spaces, as well as a sports village and a start-up incubator called Springboard, which assists businesses and entrepreneurs in the early stages of developing their ideas.
York is an easily accessible city that’s pedestrian-friendly. it is one of the country’s best for cycling, with an extensive network of both cycle lanes and off-road cycle paths.
The city itself has a vibrant social scene offering a plethora of clubs, bars and restaurants, while the university’s Heslington campus champions biodiversity and is home to a rich variety of wildlife within its lake, wetlands, tree trail and bird sanctuary.
The university also houses two permanent art galleries, several temporary art exhibitions and numerous sculptures.
What You Need To Know About The Fully-funded Masters’ Scholarships to Study in a Commonwealth Country
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are great to help you succeed in your studies.
Level/Field of Study
Scholarships are available for pursuing a master’s program, awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Fully-funded Commonwealth Masters Scholarship will be taken at the University of York, UK.
If you are an international student and you wish to study in the UK, this is for you Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
Citizens of a Commonwealth country are eligible to apply.
The scholarships are fully-funded, providing full tuition fees, a return economy flight, an arrival allowance, and a regular living allowance.
Number of Scholarships
There are eight scholarships available. The scholarships are available for courses starting in January/February in:
- Papua New Guinea – one scholarship available
- South Africa – four scholarships available
- South Pacific – one scholarship available
- Sri Lanka – two scholarships available
The Fully-funded Masters’ Scholarships to Study in a Commonwealth Country Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of a Commonwealth country are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements:
Applicants must be a citizen of a Commonwealth country, other than the host country.
Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree of at least upper second level.
- English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
How to Apply For The Fully-funded Masters’ Scholarships to Study in a Commonwealth Country
The application for this scholarship has closed. Keep checking on us for more updates.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- University of Calgary Pathways to Medicine Scholarship Program in Canada
- Ph.D. Scholarship at the University of Hull in UK, 2022
- Australia Awards Masters Scholarships For Africans 2022
- Top 21 Masters Degree Scholarships for Environmental Science Students
- University of Saskatchewan International Excellence Awards in Canada, 2022
- Heriot-Watt University CRL Scholarship Award, 2022
- APEX Postdoctoral Fellowships for International Students in Ireland, 2022
- Top 25 Masters degree Scholarships to Study Food Science
- Grand Prix LVMH Scholarships at University of the Arts London in UK, 2022
- Top 12 Ph.D. Scholarships for Civil Engineering Students