Christianity has always been advocating for advancement in education and the Roman Catholic church has always been at the forefront. The oldest Catholic and Jesuit higher education institution in the USA, Georgetown University is proving this through scholarships.
With the fully-funded MSc scholarship at Georgetown University, African students can now get an MSc in the US for free.
MSFS is a two-year, full-time graduate degree program in international affairs. Students will take courses in international relations, international trade, international finance, statistics, and analytical tools and history.
In addition, students choose an area of concentration such as International Relations and Security, International Development or International Business.
Here is a table of what to expect:
About the University
Georgetown University, a private university in Washington DC, is the oldest Catholic and Jesuit higher education institution in the US.
Its alumni include two former US presidents: Bill Clinton and Lyndon Johnson; as well as several other heads of state, including King Felipe VI of Spain.
Having been founded in 1789 by John Carroll, the US’ first bishop and archbishop, on a hilltop overlooking the Potomac River, Georgetown awarded its first bachelor’s degrees in 1817.
The American Civil War nearly forced the closure of the university, with the student body dropping from 313 to 17 between 1859 and 1861, but it was in the aftermath of the conflict that Georgetown became the institution that is known today.
Patrick Healy, the university’s president between 1873 and 1882 and the first African American to earn a Ph.D., reshaped the institution’s curriculum to place a focus on history and the natural sciences and started the construction of Healy Hall, the flagship Flemish Romanesque building at the heart of the campus.
Nowadays the university is divided into nine undergraduate and graduate schools, including Georgetown College, which offers a liberal arts program, and the Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service, which has educated heads of state and politicians from around the world.
With more than 7,000 undergraduate and about 10,000 postgraduate students, about 11 percent of Georgetown’s students are from overseas, being drawn from about 130 countries.
Although it has always been independent of the Catholic Church, Georgetown’s Jesuit heritage continues to be influential, with education at the university emphasizing service to others, particularly the vulnerable and disadvantaged.
Georgetown also runs a school of foreign service in Doha, Qatar, and offers study abroad opportunities at villas around the Mediterranean.
What You Need To Know About The Georgetown University Fully-Funded MSc Scholarships for African Students
To be considered for the scholarship, applicants must submit all required application materials (online application, personal statement, official transcripts, and test scores, letters of recommendation).
The scholarship will be awarded based on the strength of the student’s application in the admissions process.
Level/Field of Study
Scholarships are available to study Masters program. The eligible field of study is the Master of Science in Foreign Service.
The scholarship is being taken in the USA at Georgetown University.
If you are an international student and you wish to study in the UK, this is for you Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
This is a full tuition scholarship.
The Georgetown University Fully-Funded MSc Scholarships for African Students Eligibility
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Applicants must have:
- -A TOEFL score of at least 100, or an IELTS score of at least 7.0.
- -Special consideration will be given to applicants from Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Nigeria, Senegal, and South Africa.
- -Completion of a course in microeconomics and a course in macroeconomics, or ability to complete both courses *before* the beginning of the MSFS program in fall 2022.
How to Apply For The Georgetown University Fully-Funded MSc Scholarships for African Students
- To be considered for the scholarship, applicants must submit all required application materials (online application, personal statement, official transcripts, and test scores, letters of recommendation). The scholarship will be awarded based on the strength of the student’s application in the admissions process.
Scholarship Application Deadline
All application should be submitted on or before 15th January.
- 20 Best Online Schools for Accounting | UPDATED
- Top 10 Universities To Study Accounting in Asia
- Top 50 Scholarships for Studying Finance and Accounting in the USA
- Study In UK: Top 10 Universities to Study Accounting and Finance in the UK
- Washington CPA Foundation Scholarship
- Study In South Africa: Best university in South Africa to study technology and engineering
- Motorola Solutions Foundation Grants Program
- Tips On How to Apply for Admission and Visa to Study in Canada
- United Kingdom: A Perfect Destination For World-Class Education
- 21 Cheapest Universities in Florida for International Students
- Top 9 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studying in the Philippines
- Study in Mexico: Tuition, Cost of Living And List of Top Universities
- Study In Switzerland: All you need to know about University of Zurich
- 12 Steps On How to Apply for Scholarship in Any Country
- 25 Master’s Scholarship in Human Rights in South Africa
- 15 Best Colleges for Computer Science in India.
- 15 Scholarships for Tanzanians in India