The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program is a program for young and mid-career professionals sponsored by the U.S. Department of State. The program enables chosen applicants to be placed at eighteen selected U.S. universities, which serve as their academic and professional base.
The purpose of the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship is to enrich Fellows’ professional skills and knowledge. The Program provides Fellows opportunities to meet and exchange information and share experiences with their American counterparts and Humphrey colleagues from around the world.
Through conferences, networking meetings, seminars, and workshops, Fellows expand their perspectives on their work and on global issues. The culmination of the Fellowship year is a six-week work experience, or Professional Affiliation, arranged by the Fellows, that involves them with American organizations and provides another opportunity for meeting and working with their American peers.
The Institute of International Education also facilitates professional enhancement workshops that engage Fellows in cross-disciplinary and multi-regional exchanges.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched scholarships
- Fully Funded Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries
- Scholarships For Developing Countries
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS
Don’t miss any of these Scholarship opportunities. You can open any of these opportunities on a new tab.
Table of Contents
- All You Need To Know About Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program
All You Need To Know About Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program
Eligible Fields of Study:
Eligible fields of study are HIV/AIDS policy and prevention, public health policy, natural resource management, environmental policy, climate change, law and human rights, agricultural and rural development, journalism, education, human resource management, substance abuse prevention and treatment, economic development, finance and banking, public administration, Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL), technology policy and management, trafficking of persons policy and prevention, and urban and regional planning.
Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program is hosted by U.S Department of State. This Scholarship is to be taken in United States.
If you are an international student and you wish to study in the UK, this is for you Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
Citizens of countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, Europe and Eurasia, Middle East and North Africa, East Asia and Pacific, South and Central Asia, and Western Hemisphere are eligible to apply for the fellowship program. However, applications are open for Ghana by this time of the year.
Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
Benefits of Fellowship:
- Payment of tuition and fees at the assigned host university;
- Pre-academic English language training, if required;
- A maintenance (living) allowance, including a one-time settling-in allowance;
- Accident and sickness coverage;
- A book allowance;
- A one-time computer subsidy;
- Air travel (international travel to and from the U.S. for the Program and domestic travel to required program events);
- A Professional Development allowance for professional activities, such as field trips, professional visits, and conferences.
Eligibility Requirements For Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program:
Applicants eligible for this fellowship must
- Ghanaian citizen and resident of Ghana during the time of application.
- An undergraduate (first university or Bachelor’s) degree
- A minimum of five years of full-time, professional experience post-undergraduate study.
- Limited or no prior experience in the United States
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- A record of public service in the community
- English language ability.
Number of Awardees:
The selection process is in five (5) core stages
Stage 1: Commissions and Embassies of the different select countries review applications submitted for the Humphrey Fellowship Program, invite selected applicants for interviews, and determine which applications are to be forwarded for further consideration to the Institute of International Education in Washington, D.C.
Stage 2: Nominations are screened by the Institute of International Education
Stage 3: Candidate Review Committees are set up to review applications from a particular region of the world.
Stage 4: Approval of candidates by the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board is done at this stage. The FSB has final authority for selection of all Fellows and supervises the conduct of the Program both in the United States and abroad.
Stage 5: After receiving approval from the FSB, the Department of State will announce the final selection results to participating Embassies and Binational Fulbright Commissions, who will inform candidates of their status. The Institute of International Education places the approved candidates at U.S. universities that have been selected to host Humphrey Fellows.
Placements are determined by candidates’ fields of study and the program plan statements expressed in their applications.
How to Apply For Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program:
Interested candidates may submit a Letter of Interest and CV to email@example.com and include details about their current position, proposed area of study, vision for their career and career objectives.
Eligible candidates will be invited to apply during the application period. After applications from all participating universities have been received and screened, short-listed applicants will be interviewed at the Public Affairs Section from March-May every year and applications of successful interviewees will be forwarded to the United States for further vetting and award of scholarships.
Deadline For Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program:
The application period is January – March every year.
We recommend other scholarship opportunities.
- Kwame Nkrumah Chair in African Studies
- Institute for Human Sciences Milena Jesenska Fellowship for Journalists in Austria
- Mastercard Foundation Scholarships Scheme for International Students
- Fully-funded Ashinaga Undergraduate Scholarships for Orphans from sub-Saharan Africa
- OGE Merit-Based Scholarship for International Students in USA,
- University of Cambridge Scholarship Opportunities
- FULLY FUNDED SCHOLARSHIPS: SECRETS, BENEFITS AND HOW TO WIN
- West London University International Ambassador Scholarships – UK
- National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS)
- DAAD Scholarships for Masters at Asian Institute of Technology in Thailand
- YALI Mandela Washington Fellowship 2022 for African Leaders
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. If no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.