Application for the Africa Institute Global Africa Translation Fellowship 2022 is ongoing!
As part of its African Languages and Translation Program, The Africa Institute announces the Global Africa Translation Fellowship. The fellowship welcomes applications from across the Global South for a grant of up to $5,000 to complete translations of works from the African continent and its diaspora, into English or Arabic.
This is a non-residential fellowship that allows the recipient scholar to complete the work outside of The Africa Institute (Sharjah, UAE). The aim of the fellowship is to make important texts in African and African Diaspora studies accessible to a wider readership across the world.
Before you apply, we advise that you read through to learn the full details about this fellowship program- who is eligible, worth, how to apply, and the application deadline. The table below will give you an overview of what you should expect.
Global Africa Translation Fellowship Worth
The fellowship provides funding in the range of $1,000 to $5,000, depending on the quality and breadth of the project. Selected projects may be retranslations of old, classic texts, or previously untranslated works, collections of poetry, prose, or critical theory. The project may be a work-in-progress, or a new project feasible for completion within the timeframe of the grant.
All applications will be reviewed by The Africa Institute’s faculty and research fellows. Recipients will be chosen based on the quality of the proposal, and the demonstrated capacity of the applicant to complete the project.
Global Africa Translation Fellowship- Application Requirements
- A two-page CV/résumé including institutional affiliation, educational qualifications, including highest degree received, and key publications/works produced
- A two-page narrative explaining the translation to be undertaken during the fellowship period, an explanation of the importance of the work, a justification for a re-translation, if applicable, and proposed dates of completion. The project may be a work-in-progress, or a new project that fits within the timeframe of the grant.
- A 4-5 five page (double-spaced) sample of the original text(s) and translation.
- An explanation of the work’s copyright status: If the work is not in the public domain, please include a copy of the copyright notice from the original text, and a letter from the copyright holder stating that English language rights to the work are available.
Submitted applications must include statement, sample, copyright status (if applicable), and CV, in that order into a single PDF file. Name the file with the applicant’s name in this format: LASTNAME-FIRSTNAME.pdf. Use the same name in the email subject heading LASTNAME-FIRSTNAME application and send PDF as an email attachment to email@example.com.
Click on the BUTTON below to apply.
Global Africa Translation Fellowship- Application Deadline
The deadline for this fellowship application is October 15, 2022.
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage
We Also Recommend:
- 2022 Ufahamu Africa Non-Resident Fellowship
- $42,000 Facebook Fellowship Program 2022/2023 for PhD Students
- TWAS-DBT Postgraduate Fellowship Programme 2022 (Funded)
- HEC Hungary Scholarships for Pakistani Students
- Mo Ibrahim Foundation Leadership Fellowship Program 2022-2023
We hope this writing provided your scholarship necessities. Please share with your friends and leave your question or response in the comment box. We will attend to you immediately.