Looking to further your studies as a disabled person can be very difficult. However, there is a scholarship program here to put a smile on your face. The Google Lime scholarship program is open to undergraduate or graduate students who have the plan to enrol as a full-time student at a university in the United States or Canada for the 2023 academic year.
The Google Lime Scholarship is now available for full–time undergraduate and graduate computer science students who are living with disabilities. So, Google has partnered with Lime Connect to help university students with disabilities work toward their academic goals in computer science.
Also, selected students will receive 10,000 USD (for those studying in the US) or 5,000 CAD (for those studying in Canada) for the 2023 school year
So, in this article, we discuss all about this funding initiative for disabled people and the step-by-step process to apply for this scholarship.
Table of contents
About The Google Lime Scholarship Award
Google is proud to support the work of Lime Connect since 2008. So, they are committed to helping the innovators of the future make the most of their talents by providing scholarships and networking retreats for computer science students with disabilities.
Furthermore, candidates will also be considered for software engineering internship opportunities with Google.
You can also check out 10 top UK Scholarships for International Students
Who is Funding Google Lime Scholarship?
Google partners with Lime Connect, a nonprofit organization that supports students with disabilities while they pursue education and promising careers, to sponsor the Google Lime Scholarship to help university students with disabilities work toward their academic goals in the field of computer science.
What is This Scholarship worth?
Google Lime Scholarship awards candidates with 10,000 USD (for those studying in the US) or 5,000 CAD (for those studying in Canada) for the 2023 school year. Also, they will be invited to attend the Google Scholars’ Retreat in the summer.
To apply for the Google Lime Scholarship, you must meet the following requirements. Hence, the applicant must be:
- a current undergraduate, graduate or PhD student enrolled at a university in the U.S. or Canada; and also
- Continuing current studies or intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a new program (e.g., graduating and pursuing an advanced degree) at a university in the U.S. or Canada in the 2023 academic year
- Pursuing a Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree, or a degree in a closely related technical field (such as software engineering; or electrical engineering with a heavy computer science course load)
- Maintaining a strong academic performance
- A student with a visible or invisible disability (defined as someone who has, or considers themselves to have, a long-term, or recurring, issue that affects one or more major activities that others may consider being a daily function); this definition also includes the perception among others that a disability exists. We know that 90% of disabilities on campus are invisible, and it encourages candidates with all disabilities to apply.
- Exemplify leadership and show a commitment to and passion for computer science and technology
- Previous Google Lime Scholars, unfortunately, can not be considered.
Level/Field of Study
Computer Science or computer related degree in Undergraduate, Masters and Ph.D level.
Any citizen enrolled to study in U.S/Canada.
How To Apply For Google Lime Scholarship
So, to apply for this scholarship, you should follow these steps religiously:
- To begin your application, firstly, visit the official website.
- Then, log in or join the Lime Network and start your application
- Next, you submit the required documents along with your completed application form- where you fill your education, contact and experience information.
These documents are very important and if any of them are missing, your scholarship application will be in jeopardy:
- Current resume & unofficial transcripts
- Four essays – this is your opportunity to show us your passion for computer science
- One letter of recommendation from professors, advisers or supervisors (names and email addresses of references must be entered by the application deadline – letters of recommendation themselves are due one week later)
Google Lime Scholarship Deadline
The application for Google Lime scholarship will end on December 5th annually.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Google Lime Scholarship is worth $10,000 for U.S students and 5000CAD for Canadian students.
It is only open to U.S/Canadian students
Honestly, the Google Lime Scholarship is not open to high school students.
Only disabled students studying tech related courses in U.S/Canadian universities are eligible
The application for Google Lime Scholarship will end on 5th December 2023.
If you are disabled and you study any computer-related course in the U.S or Canada, this Google Lime scholarship will go a long way in helping you achieve your dreams.