If you’re an African student from South Sudan and Ethiopia, you can study in Europe in the Czech republic at no cost. The Government Scholarships for South Sudan and Ethiopian students in the Czech republic make this possible.
The Government of the Czech Republic offers scholarships for South Sudan and Ethiopian students in the Czech Republic. These scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate, masters, and PhD degree levels; and are provided to study in two languages-Czech or English.
They cover the necessary costs related to staying and studying in the CR, and the scholarship amount is regularly amended.
Here is a table of what to expect:
Table of contents
- Scholarship Description
- How Much is the Government Scholarship for South Sudan and Ethiopian Students? | Scholarship Worth
- Who can Apply For the Government Scholarships for South Sudan and Ethiopian Students? | Eligibility
- Application Procedure
- Application Deadline:
- AUTHOR’S RECOMMENDATION
Granting scholarships to citizens from developing countries for studies at Czech public Higher Education Institutions (“HEIs”) is an important part of the foreign development cooperation of the Czech Republic (“CR”) with a long tradition.
From the late 1950s until the present day, over 21,500 foreign nationals have completed their studies at Czech HEIs with a scholarship of the Government of the CR.
Government scholarships for studies at public HEIs in the CR are governed by a Resolution of the Government of the CR as part of a joint project pursued by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports (“MEYS”) (www.msmt.cz) and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (“MFA”) (www.mzv.cz).
How Much is the Government Scholarship for South Sudan and Ethiopian Students? | Scholarship Worth
- The scholarship covers necessary costs related to stay and study in the CR. The scholarship amount is regularly amended.
- Currently, the amount paid to students of a Bachelor’s, Master’s or follow-up Master’s study programme stands at CZK 14,000 per month, whereas the amount paid to students of a Doctoral study programme stands at CZK 15,000 per month.
- The above scholarship amount includes an amount designated for the payment of accommodation costs.
- Costs of accommodation, food, and public transport are covered by scholarship holders under the same conditions that apply to students who are citizens of the CR.
- healthcare exceeding standard care be required by the student, s/he shall cover it at his/her own costs
The scholarship is available for Ethiopian students BSP, MSP, DSP in the Czech language: 3 and Follow-up MSP, and DSP in the English language:1 while for Sudan students: 1.
Who can Apply For the Government Scholarships for South Sudan and Ethiopian Students? | Eligibility
The students of Ethiopia and South Sudan can apply for this scholarship.
The scholarship is offered for undergraduates 3-4 years (in the Czech language); for master’s students 4-6 years (in the Czech language) or 1-3 years (in the English language); for PhD students 3-4 years (in the Czech language) or 3-4 years (in the English language).
This scholarship is available for pursuing undergraduate, masters, and PhD degree level at Czech public Higher Education Institutions in the field of:
- (in the Czech language) geology, forestry, medicine, economics, agriculture, power engineering, shoemaking
- (Ethiopia) power engineering, agriculture/food-processing, medicine, economics (trade)
- (South Sudan) and (in the English language)
- Ethiopia/South Sudan – agriculture, economics (trade), information technologies by Czech public Higher Education Institutions.
The Government of the Czech Republic hosts all scholarships.
The scholarship is available for Ethiopian and South Sudan students. Aside from the scholarships, there are other scholarships available to international students to study abroad.
The mode of applying is done electronically. All applicants shall fill in an electronic application form available at the website address and successfully register (i.e. obtain an application identification number upon sending a completely filled-in application form to the pertinent authority electronically).
Nominated applicants shall also submit a printed “Application Form for a Scholarship of the Government of the CR,” which has to meet the requirements stated below:
- It shall be filled in using Roman letters, if possible in English or Czech;
- The assigned application identification number shall be stated in the upper right-hand corner;
- A photo (45 mm x 35 mm) shall be printed or glued in a designated place;
- All boxes shall be completely and truthfully filled in under the instructions that accompany each box;
- The applicant shall pay special attention to the content of a box entitled “Motivational Letter,” in which s/he shall briefly describe his/her expectations in terms of future studies, practical application of learning, and benefit for the country that has nominated him/her;
- The applicant shall sign a printed copy of the application form with her hand.
The application deadline falls in September annually.
- 30 Free Universities in the Czech Republic for International Students
- International Masters Scholarships at Silesian University in the Czech Republic
- Czech Republic Government Scholarships for Developing countries
- Best Universities in the Czech Republic | Ranking
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. However, if no, leave a response in the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.