In recent decades, high heels have become a staple in the wardrobes of many women. Though often seen as uncomfortable and impractical, many women continue to wear high heels due to the perceived benefits they offer.
High heels can make the wearer appear taller and more authoritative, and many people believe that wearing high heels makes women look sexier.
Despite these benefits, there are some who argue that high heels are bad for your health. And while they can be stylish and flattering, high heels can also be uncomfortable and dangerous. In this article, we have made a collection of some of the best High heel quotes from famous women throughout history.
Best High Heel Quotes
1. “Sure he was great, but don’t forget that Ginger Rogers did everything he did backwards… and in high heels.” – Bob Thaves (talking about Fred Astair)
2. There is a bit of Imelda Marcos in every woman
3. They went into my closets looking for skeletons, but thank God, all they found were shoes, beautiful shoes.
3. It’s strange how a nice pair of shoes can make our head feel much better, even if we are wearing them at the opposite extremity of our body..
4. You’ve got a problem if your high heel is higher than your age
5. Shoes are the first adult machines we are given to master.
6. Safe stilettos seems fairly straightforward: Two parts sacrifice and a dash of solid steel
7. There is no more unfortunate creature under the sun than a fetishist who yearns for a woman’s shoe and has to settle for the whole woman..
8. All I need are chocolates, credit card, and stilettos.
9. High heels are like a beauty lift. In a flat, you can feel beautiful, but a stiletto changes your mood, how you move – like a wild, beautiful animal. The idea was always to follow a womans wardrobe, her desires.
10. Nowadays the most dangerous skyscrapers are not the ones in big cities but high shoe heels, hyperbolic prosthesis imposed by fashion.
11. Six-foot Parisian women wearing 7.5-inch heels! Are they dating the Eiffel Tower?
(Emilie Vlanek, Twitter)
12. I actually have more shoes than anyone will ever know.
13. Flowers say I’m sorry….. Louboutins say I learned my lesson
14. Flowers die but Louboutins are forever….
15. I want people to feel happy when they wear my shoes.
(Diego Della Valle)
16. Any woman could live with just one man, but not with just one pair of shoes.
17. There is a heel that is too high to walk in, certainly. But who cares? You don’t have to walk in high heels.
18. People walk differently in high heels. Your body sways to a different kind of tempo.
19. High heels put your ass on a pedestal, where it belongs.
20. You are a certified shoe addict if you think there is always room for one more pair.
21. If eyes are the window to the soul, shoes are the door to the subconscious.
22. I love shoes. I always have. When I was young, I would go to Spain on shoe shopping trips. My mother would constantly remind me that I only have two feet. My sister cared about dolls; I cared about shoes – all kinds, all colors.
23. Whenever I’m looking through a shoe shop window, I feel like nothing bad could happen to me in there.
24. Momma always says there’s an awful lot you could tell about a person by their shoes. Where they’re going. Where they’ve been.
25. If I want a new pair of shoes, I buy a new pair of shoes. If I want cuddles, I buy a new pair of shoes.
26. The stiletto is the icon of erotic femininity. You’re taller, thinner and curvier, all at the same time. What’s not to like?
27. When I think about a character, it does start with the shoes: What kind would she wear? How would she walk in them?
28. My shoes are perfect for the very sexy woman who wants to be elegant.
29. You know you’re old when someone compliments you on your alligator shoes, and you’re barefoot.
30. There is an element of seduction in shoes that doesn’t exist for men. A woman can be sexy, charming, witty, or shy with her shoes.
31. To wear dreams on one’s feet is to begin to give a reality to one’s dreams.
32. I would say that a good shoe is exactly like a good wine. These shoes are going to stay and last for a long time.
33. A pair of great heels was much more satisfying than a man. They lasted longer, and better yet, they didn’t leave me for someone prettier.
34. Because the human history is the history of shoes. The history of places where we ever tread and stand.
35. A shoe is not only a design, but it’s a part of your body language, the way you walk. The way you’re going to move is quite dictated by your shoes.
36. Strong women wear their pain like stilettos, no matter how much it hurts, all you see is the beauty of it.
37. The average woman falls in love seven times a year. Only six are with shoes.
38. I can be naked as long as I’m wearing the right pair of shoes.
(Anna Dello Russo)
39. The stiletto is a feminine weapon that men just don’t have.
40. High heels were invented by a woman who had been kissed on the forehead.
41. I like Cinderella, I really do. She has a good work ethic. And she likes shoes. The fairy tale is all about the shoe at the end.
42. Craziness in a shoe is great – you can have much more freedom, you can exaggerate and it doesn’t feel stupid. But to have too much craziness near your face, that would just feel weird.
43. I put everything I think is sexy into my shoes.
44. I see a pair of shoes I adore, and it doesn’t matter if they have them in my size. I buy them anyway.
45. I’m not afraid of heights, have you seen my shoes?
(Sarah Jessica Parker, as Carrie Bradshaw in Sex and the City)
46. I did not have three thousand pairs of shoes, I had one thousand and sixty.
47. I m not home, but my shoes are. Leave them a message.
(Sarah Jessica Parker, as Carrie Bradshaw in Sex and the City)
Inspiring High Heels Quotes
48. Men tell me that I’ve saved their marriages. It costs them a fortune in shoes, but it’s cheaper than a divorce.
49. After all, Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels
50. High heels can always put you in a good mood. The more depressed you are, the higher the heels you should wear.
(Anna Dello Russo)
51. How can you live the high life if you do not wear the high heels?
52. Some shoe heels are too high and you’re afraid of falling? As playwriter Neil Simon says: “If no one ever took risks, Michaelangelo would have painted the Sistine floor”.
53. I can’t concentrate in flats.
54. Shoes must have very high heels and platforms to put women’s beauty on a pedestal.
55. I never wear flats. My shoes are so high that sometimes when I step out of them, people look around in confusion and ask, “Where’d she go?” and I have to say, “I’m down here”.
56. Maybe the reason Cinderella was so happy wasn’t because of the Prince…. but because of the shoes.
57. High hopes, high heels and high standards.
58. “I don’t know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.” ~ Marilyn Monroe
59. “It’s hard not to be sexy in a pair of high heels.” ~ Tom Ford
60. “I did not have three thousand pairs of shoes, I had one thousand and sixty.” ~ Imelda Marcos
61. “When I wear high heels I have a great vocabulary and I speak in paragraphs. I’m more eloquent. I plan to wear them more often.” ~ Meg Ryan
62. “Sometimes you have to sacrifice your performance for high heels.” ~ Gwen Stefani
63. “I was born in high heels and I’ve worn them ever since.” ~ Helena Christensen
64. “Stiletto, I look at it more as an attitude as opposed to a high-heeled shoe.” ~ Lita Ford
65. “To wear dreams on one’s feet is to begin to give reality to one’s dreams.” ~ Roger Vivier
66. “Shoes transform your body language and attitude. They lift you physically and emotionally.” ~ Christian Louboutin , High heels attitude
67. “High heels were invented by a woman who had been kissed on the forehead.” ~ Christopher Morley
68. “People walk differently in high heels. Your body sways to a different kind of tempo. ” ~ Manolo Blahnik
69. “You put high heels on and you change.” ~ Manolo Blahnik
70. “The higher the better.” It’s more about an attitude. High heels empower women in a way. ” Christian Louboutin
71. “Is there anything more attractive than a woman in high heels and low self-esteem?” ~ Dov Davidoff
72. “Everyone chases after happiness, not noticing that happiness is right at their heels.” ~ Bertolt Brecht
73. “How can you live the high life if you do not wear the high heels?” ~ Sonia Rykiel
74. “All I want are high heels, high heels. If I was a girl, I’d wear a lot of high heels. High, stiletto heels.” ~ Isaac Mizrahi
75. “I used to wear heels because I wanted to show people I wasn’t ashamed of being tall. But I don’t wear them any more because you don’t have to wear heels to be beautiful. I can’t even remember the last time I wore heels.” ~ Elle Macpherson
76. “I’m always the girl at the party who, within five minutes, has taken my heels off, hitched up my dress in my knickers, and probably spilt drink down my cleavage.” ~ Sadie Frost
77. “If I went out in killer heels and full makeup, blow dry, the whole thing — anyone dressed up like that could be intimidating to men and women, really. It’s so, look at me. Do you know what I mean? But I love women. ” ~ Rachel Weisz
78. “To me, being grown-up meant smoking cigarettes, drinking cocktails, and dressing up in high heels and glamourous outfits.” ~ Lorna Luft
79. “When I came off the boat I was very proud of the thick calluses which had developed on my feet. But now, I am struggling to get into my favourite high heels which is a shame, as I have so many.” ~ Pamela Stephenson
80. “High heels are like a beauty lift. In a flat you can feel beautiful, but a stiletto changes your mood, how you move – like a wild, beautiful animal. The idea was always to follow a women’s wardrobe, her desires. ” ~ Giuseppe Zanotti
81. “If you haven’t got it. Fake it! Too short? Wear big high heels, but do practice walking!” ~ Victoria Beckham
82. “I’m very sensitive. Because my mum was my primary emotional caregiver growing up, I found myself being pinned into dresses, darting her dresses, and choosing her high heels for the evening or what to wear. I’m very much a mommy’s boy.” ~ Tom Hardy
83. “When my kids are in college, maybe I’ll drag my fishnets and high heels out.” ~ Sheena Easton
84. “I like individuality in fashion – it annoys me when celebrities put on a bodycon dress and a pair of high heels and suddenly they are ‘style icons.’” ~ Georgie Henley
85. “If high heels were so wonderful, men would still be wearing them.” ~ Sue Grafton
86. “I don’t think it’s the function of Congress to function well. It should drag its heels on the way to decision.” ~ Barber Conable
Quotes About Shoes and High Heels
87. “There is a heel that is too high to walk in, certainly. But who cares? You don’t have to walk in high heels.” ~ Christian Louboutin
88. “High heels are pleasure with pain.” ~ Christian Louboutin
89. “Thus grief still treads upon the heels of pleasure; Married in haste, we may repent at leisure.” ~ William Congreve
90. “They asked me why I was wearing heels, and I said, I’m trying to hide my ass.
91. “I rope steers in team roping events. There’s a header and a heeler on a roping team, and I’m the heeler.” ~ Wilford Brimley
92. “I still get butterflies when I’m doing a runway show. The music starts, you’re wearing these gorgeous clothes and your nervous about your high heels, if your shoes are going to break, if your going to slip or do something wrong.” ~ Karlie Kloss , Wearing high heels quotes
93. “The Domain Name Server (DNS) is the Achilles heel of the Web. The important thing is that it’s managed responsibly.” ~ Tim Berners-Lee
94. “When we hang the capitalists they will sell us the rope we use.” ~ Joseph Stalin
95. “Women’s fashion is a subtle form of bondage. It’s men’s way of binding them. We put them in these tight, high-heeled shoes, we make them wear these tight clothes and we say they look sexy. But they’re actually tied up.” ~ David Duchovny
96. “I wouldn’t take it as a compliment if someone looked at one of my shoes and said, ‘Oh, that looks like a comfortable shoe.’ There is a heel that is too high to walk in, certainly. But who cares? You don’t have to walk in high heels.” ~ Christian Louboutin
97. “All those rappers, they’re the only glamorous people working in music now. They dress up in these chains of gold, cars, girls and this and that, high-heeled shoes.” ~ Bryan Ferry
98. “It was just so elaborate and so luxurious. We had every gadget imaginable. You know, I had the little gun that came out, and I had the little gun in the heel of the shoe.” ~ Robert Conrad
99. “Our workers comp debt is the Achilles heel of our state’s economy, and I firmly believe that in order to create more good jobs in West Virginia this system must be fixed and it must be fixed now. We cannot afford to wait even one more minute.” ~ Joe Manchin
100. “I used to love to play dress-up, where you get your mother’s or your grandmother’s dresses and high heels.” ~ Suzanne Farrell
101. “What doctor does not need platform heels and dark black eyeliner to treat their patients?” ~ Sarah Chalke
102. “I was the good Bond girl, but I wanted to have the dresses and the high heels. I wanted the funky, sexy name.” ~ Izabella Scorupco
103. “I’m Latina. I was born with high heels. We crossed border in high heels. We were running from immigration…I can do aerobics in heels.” ~ Eva Longoria
104. “Yet if a woman never lets herself go, how will she ever know how far she might have got? If she never takes off her high-heeled shoes, how will she ever know how far she could walk or how fast she could run?” ~ Germaine Greer
105. “It was so quiet that morning in Paris that the heels of my two companions and myself were loud on the deserted pavements. It was a city of shuttered shops, and barred windows, and deserted avenues.” ~ Philip Gibbs
106. “I am so not a proper, good female. I can’t dance in high heels and I’m just so not girly, but then I see these men with these banging bodies, dancing in heels, singing, and having so much fun with so much make-up on. That makes me honestly want to be a better woman.” ~ Kesha
107. “We developed during the 1990s a series of budget process rules that helped us bring to heel these deficits, diminishing every year and moving the budget so into surplus.” ~ John Spratt
108. “At first I threw my weight upon my heels, as one does naturally in a boot, and was a good deal bruised, but after a few hours I learned the natural walk of man, and could follow my guide in any portion of the island.” ~ John Millington Synge
109. “They gave me a prosthetic behind.” ~ Michael Rosenbaum
In conclusion, wearing high heels can be seen as a feminist statement. They are often viewed as symbols of oppression, but by wearing them, we can take back the power. High heels can also be empowering because they make us feel confident and beautiful. So, next time you’re feeling down, put on your favorite pair of high heels and power up!
You can also check out: 100 Inspiring You Deserve The Best Quotes