The Hispanic Women’s League is pleased to announce the HWL Scholarships named as the HWL Scholarships, the KeyBank Scholarship, and the Bryant and Stratton Scholarship. These scholarships are available only for women of Hispanic descent who have at least 24-degree credits at the time of application. The mission of the Hispanic Women’s League is to improve the quality of life, assist in the personal and professional development, and advocate for the concerns of the Hispanic woman. The Hispanic Women’s League is offering total $6,000 award to winning candidates for their higher education.
The primary commitment of the Hispanic Women’s League is to provide scholarships to women of Hispanic descent for the attainment of higher education.In addition, the League performs and participates in numerous community services, fundraising efforts, and makes contributions specifically geared to address the unique concerns of the Hispanic woman and the Latino community.
- Must be a female of Hispanic origin (direct descendant of Hispanic heritage from at least the grandparents)
- Have at least 24-degree credits
- Grade point average of at least 2.75
- Must be a resident and attend a college or university in Erie, Niagara, Cattaraugus, Allegany or Chautauqua County (NY)
- Previous Hispanic Women’s League Scholarship Award recipients are not eligible.
- Applicants may apply for more than one scholarship, but only one scholarship will be awarded to each winner.
- Recipients of all Scholarships must serve in one of the HWL Committees and in at least one HWL event.
How to Apply:
To apply for the HWL Scholarships, the applicant must download application and recommendation form through the given links:
- Application form-http://www.hispanicwomensleague.org/uploads/9/8/9/1/9891219/hwl_2017_scholarship.pdf
- Recommendation form-http://www.hispanicwomensleague.org/uploads/9/8/9/1/9891219/hwl_recommendation_form.pdf
- Personal Statement- A typed 200-word essay indicating your personal history, goals, commitment to the Hispanic community and any special circumstances.
- Your Resume- A recent resume including your work/volunteer experience for the past two years
- Two Recommendations
- Registrar statement- a statement from your college registrar reflecting that you are currently registered as a full-time student for the fall 2017 semester and have at least 12 credit hours.
- Schedule- a copy of your fall 2017 schedule
- Transcript- a copy of your college/university transcript showing a grade point average of 2.75 or higher in at least 24-degree credits and a transcript including the most recent grade for graduate students. Transcript copies may be unofficial
- Proof of US permanent resident or citizenship proof of Income 2016 award letter from FAFSA.
- KeyBank Scholarship-In addition to the required information from the HWL Scholarship, photo release form, and KeyBank Scholarship form and 250-word essay required.
- Bryant & Stratton Scholarship- In addition to the required information from the HWL Scholarship, applicants for this scholarship must indicate their interest in attending Braynt& Stratton in their essay and include a line titled “Career Goal”
Send complete application with all documents by emailtocontact-at-hispanicwomensleague.org
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- There will be six $1,000 HWL Scholarships, at least one $1,500 KeyBank Scholarship, and one $1,000 Scholarship from Bryant and Stratton.
- Each awardee will receive one dinner ticket for entrance to the Annual Dinner event and free membership for 2018.
The applicants are due on July 20, 2017, and winners will be announcing in August 2017. The Scholarship Funds distributed at Annual Dinner on October 14, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any questions/concerns, contact to contact-at-hispanicwomensleague.org
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.