To change your phone number on Instagram, first, open the app and go to your profile. Tap on the three lines in the top left corner of the screen, and then select “Settings.” Scroll down and tap on “Phone Number.” Enter your new phone number and hit “Done.” Instagram will send you a confirmation code. Enter the code and hit “Confirm.”
Frequently Asked Questions
There’s actually no way to change your phone number without logging in.
1. Open the Instagram app and go to the log-in page.
2. Tap Get help signing in.
3. The page goes to the verification page. At this stage, first, fill in your username and tap 4. Send Login Link, even though your email is invalid. …
5. Tap Need more help? on the same page.
6. If you tap Need more help? after you finish Send Login Link, the special support page shows up, letting you contact the support team. Fill in the followings:
The email you used to register the account (even though it is invalid now)
The email you want them to get in contact
Some questions (if it is a company account, if the photo is yours, etc…)
And additional details
If you don’t log in, you’d definitely not be able to change your account. Also, you may need to check your app to ensure it’s up to date.
1. Click the profile icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
2. Click the gear icon.
3. Navigate to Privacy and Security.
4. Scroll down until you see Two-Factor Authentication and click Edit Two-Factor Authentication Settings.
5. Uncheck both the Authentication App and Text Message options.
If you don’t receive a security code, tap I can’t access this email or phone number below Send security code, then follow the on-screen instructions. Be sure to enter a secure email address that only you can access. Once you’ve submitted your request, you should receive an email from Instagram with next steps.
When you add multiple devices to two-factor authentication on a single Instagram account, you’ll get a 6-digit login code from the authentication app on that device. Keep in mind that one device will need to set up two-factor authentication through an authentication app first before other devices can be added.
Tap your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile. Tap in the top right, then tap Settings. Tap Security, then tap Two-Factor Authentication. Tap Backup Codes, then tap Get New Codes.