- Navigate to your Instagram profile and tap the three horizontal lines.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Privacy.
- Tap Comments.
- Toggle on “Hide Offensive Comments.”
- You can also toggle on “Manual Filter,” allowing you to choose specific words that trigger Instagram to hide a comment.
Table of contents
Frequently Asked Questions
Comments on Instagram are hidden by default. You need to turn on the “comments” view in the app’s settings to see comments.
To see all comments on Instagram, first, open the app and then click on the three lines in the top left corner of the main screen. This will open up a menu with several options. Scroll down and click on “Comments.” This will show you a list of all the comments on your posts and the posts of others you follow.
1. Hold Down The Comment & Press “Restrict” Courtesy of Instagram. …
2. Verify That You Want To Restrict The Account. Courtesy of Instagram. …
3. Press “Okay” To Restrict The Account & Hide The Comment. Courtesy of Instagram. …
4. Double Check They’ve Been Restricted.
There are a few ways to tell if someone has you restricted on Instagram. If you can’t see their posts in your feed, if they’re not following you back, or if they’ve blocked you, then it’s likely that you’re on their restricted list.
Yes, people restricted on Instagram can still see your posts. If you don’t want someone to be able to see your posts, you can either block them or delete your account.
If you are banned from Instagram, the restrictions will last until you have appealed the ban and it has been overturned.
However, Instagram restrictions can last for a few days. Sometimes, they can last for up to a week.
Yes, restrict, and mute are the same on Instagram. When you restrict someone, they can’t see your posts or stories. When you mute someone, they can’t see your posts but can see your stories.
Instagram restricts certain activities to create a safe and positive user environment. It wants to ensure that people are not using the platform to spam or harass others.
Instagram has rolled out a silent update, allowing users to hide Instagram posts and stories without unfollowing accounts (your friends and colleagues). Earlier, this feature was available on Instagram, but you could only mute stories and not post
At the top of the feed, tap and hold the profile picture of the person whose story you’d like to mute. Select Mute, then tap Mute story.
You may also want to see: How To Edit Instagram Comment