The Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) is delighted to offer a number of bursaries for students pursuing undergraduate degree in the field that mainly related to law, commerce, science and engineering. Please note, only South African students are invited to apply. The winning students will receive benefit of fully-funded scholarship. The application deadline is 30 June 2017.
- Tuition and Campus accommodation will be paid directly to the university;
- Prescribed Text books fees will be paid directly to a service provider on submission of quotations and all relevant documents;
- Accommodation at university approved residence will be paid directly to the Landlord on the basis of an approved lease agreement between the student and the landlord. The payments timelines will be agreed upon between the parties but ideally in line with the University’s semester system;
- Meal allowance for students living in self-catering residence either on campus or at university approved residence will be paid on a quarterly basis
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate degree in the field that mainly related to law, commerce, science and engineering.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in South Africa.
Eligibility and Criteria
- South African citizens with a valid ID number residing in the Republic of South Africa and who qualify for admission to a University or University of Technology and TVET (Technicalvocational education and training) college, and are not studying with the aid of an employer or bursary.
- Applicants must have grade 12 Maths and Science with a minimum of a B aggregate symbol.
- Applicants already at university must have an average of a C Aggregate Minimum. University or University of Technology students who have already successfully completed one or more years will be considered on their Grade 12 and most recent academic results. If you are already studying towards a degree course for which you are applying for a bursary,
- Applicants must have passed all courses for which you have registered at the university for the study period already completed. Applications must be for full time studies towards an academic degree at an accredited South African university or university of technology. No bursaries are awarded for studies at a college, e.g. (Damelin, Boston, etc) or private university.
Only South African citizens are invited to apply.
Please download and complete the application form at the website and application link below.
30 June 2017.