Bear River Insurance Company is Utah’s oldest mutual property and liability insurance company.
The company was founded in 1909 and was named after the Bear River, where it first provided affordable insurance to the rural town of Garland.
Through a network of independent brokers, the organization now offers a variety of insurance products in Utah.
Bear River’s independent agents wrote approximately $179 million in premiums in 2018.
It is a mutual firm, which means that its policyholders own it completely, and good company performance translates to cheaper prices.
They are, however, providing exceptional customer service besides low premiums.
We’ll look into Bear River Mutual’s insurance coverage, discounts, and customer feedback in this bear river insurance review.
About Bear River Mutual
Bear River Mutual is a mutual insurance company based in Bear River.
It is Utah’s oldest mutual casualty and property insurance company, having been created in 1909.
Bear River is a mutual insurance firm owned by its policyholders, who benefit from lower premiums by getting coverage through a mutual insurance company.
It claims to have stringent qualification standards and only sells policies to the safest drivers, which helps keep premiums down.
Customers who purchase auto insurance from Bear River get a particularly personal experience because it only services the state of Utah.
Unfortunately, experts do not give the insurance firm high marks. The Better Business Bureau (BBB) has given Bear River a B- and AM Best has given it an A- in financial strength.
While these ratings aren’t particularly low, they are lower than those of almost every other major auto insurance provider.
Customers can get RV, motor home, and trailer insurance in addition to vehicle insurance.
Why Choose Bear River Mutual?
Bear River is a fantastic alternative for a variety of reasons. For Utah residents, Bear River Mutual Insurance is a good alternative.
Policyholders may be able to acquire lower rates from a mutual business than they would from a national provider because of the mutual company structure.
Small insurance businesses, such as Bear River Mutual, also provide superior customer service than large insurers.
Bear River’s auto and house insurance coverage is severely limited.
Because there are only a few endorsements and discounts available, this company is not a suitable fit for customers who wish to tailor their policy to their specific needs.
Customers must contact an agent to acquire a quote and make changes to their policy because Bear River insurance plans are marketed through independent agencies.
What Is Bear River Mutual Coverages?
Bear River Mutual Insurance offers a variety of coverage alternatives. They include:
- Property Damage Liability Coverage: Pays for the costs of causing damage to someone else’s property.
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage: This pays for damages if the insured is found to be at fault for another person’s injuries or death.
- Medical Expenditures: Covers medical expenses incurred as a result of injuries to you, your passengers, or the driver of the covered vehicle.
- Medical Expenditures Caused By Another Motorist Who Doesn’t Have Enough Insurance To Pay For All The Damages: Covers medical expenses caused by another driver who doesn’t have enough insurance to pay for all the damages.
- Collision Coverage: Covers the cost of damage to the insured vehicle in the event of an at-fault collision.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Covers expenses incurred as a result of damage to the insured car caused by any causes other than an accident. This includes robbery, extreme weather, and fallen tree limbs, among other things.
Bear River Mutual Car insurance
Car insurance from Bear River Mutual is fairly ordinary. Minimum and full coverage insurance, as well as a few endorsements for further protection, are available from the company.
If your vehicle is damaged as a result of a covered claim, you can use the Bear Care Direct Repair Program (DRP) to choose a reputable auto body shop and receive guaranteed service.
What Bear River Car Insurance covers
Bear Mutual offers the following auto insurance policies:
- Collision, comprehensive, liability, medical costs, and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage are all included in full coverage insurance.
- Personal injury protection: Under Utah’s no-fault insurance statute, personal injury protection (PIP) is needed. PIP pays for a driver’s medical bills and lost wages following an accident, regardless of who was at fault.
- Gap insurance is for cars that have been financed or leased. Gap insurance compensates the difference between the car’s lowered value and the outstanding loan balance if it is totaled.
- Towing, extrication, battery repair, gasoline delivery, and other services are covered by roadside assistance.
- Rental car reimbursement: If your vehicle requires repairs as a result of a covered claim, rental car reimbursement will cover the cost of a rental automobile.
Available Bear River Mutual Car Insurance Discounts
The following vehicle insurance discounts are available from Bear River Mutual:
1. Claims-free discount:
Drivers who have never filed an insurance claim in the past might save money on their coverage.
2. Multi-Policy Discount
Customers who combine their home and vehicle insurance policies may be eligible for a multi-policy discount.
Bear River Homeowners insurance
Bear River homeowners insurance covers both primary and secondary residences.
River’s home insurance, on the other hand, is relatively basic in terms of coverage, with limited customizing possibilities.
The Bear Care Home Repair Program, an in-house repair network that enables policyholders to access guaranteed service from recommended contractors, is one of the most unique components of Bear River’s home insurance.
What Bear River Home insurance covers
The following house insurance coverages are available from Bear River Mutual:
- Standard house insurance coverage includes coverage for the dwelling, personal property, liability, medical costs, and loss of use.
- Earthquake insurance is an endorsement that can be added to your homeowners insurance policy. The deductible is 10% of the dwelling or personal property coverage of the residence, whichever is larger.
Available Bear River Mutual Homeowner Insurance Discounts
Bear River Insurance does not advertise any house insurance discounts on its website. However, there may be discounts that aren’t publicized, such as:
1. Discount for bundling two or more policies
Homeowners who bundle two or more policies with Bear River Mutual may be eligible for a discount.
2. Claim-free discount
Homeowners who haven’t had any insurance claims in the last few years often obtain a lower premium.
3. Discount for security systems, fire alarms, and fire extinguishers:
Homes with security systems, fire alarms, and fire extinguishers typically have reduced premiums.
4. Discount for homes in gated communities:
Homes in gated communities have a lesser risk of theft and generally qualify for a lower rate.
What additional features and benefits does Bear River provide?
The company provides a few extras and advantages to help you recuperate from an accident, on a par with what other manufacturers provide.
1. Roadside assistance is available.
When you’re stranded on the road and require towing, gasoline delivery, or locksmith services, have a plan.
2. Rental car reimbursement is available.
While your car is being repaired due to an accident, find a replacement vehicle.
3. Glass repairs are not subject to a deductible.
Repairs for minor breaks or cracks in glass are covered without having to pay your deductible.
4. Repair establishments that are preferred
To make the claims process easier and get your car’s repairs guaranteed, choose Bear River’s vetted repair shops through its Bear Care Direct Repair program.
5. Protection against personal injury
Take care of yourself and your loved ones with medical insurance, income replacement insurance, and even funeral and survivor benefits.
What do I need to get a Bear River quote?
You must contact a Bear River Mutual Insurance agent to obtain a quotation. You will be required to give personal information such as your name, date of birth, and social security number.
When applying for home insurance, you will be requested to provide details about your home, such as the square footage, the year it was acquired, the year it was built, and so on.
You will need to provide the VIN number, mileage, make, model, and year of the vehicle when applying for car insurance.
Finally, you’ll be asked how much coverage you require, what type of coverage you require, and the deductible you choose to use.
What is the procedure for filing a claim with Bear River?
Customers can use the online customer portal or call their agent to file a claim with Bear River.
You must provide a thorough account of the occurrence, including the date, time, location, extent of the damage, and any other parties involved.
What are the Advantages of opting for Bear River Mutual?
- Bear River Mutual uses QuickPay, which allows it pay your bill quickly and easily online.
- Bear River Mutual’s car insurance premiums for non-standard drivers are lower than the national average.
- Also, they provide their customers with enough discounts compared to other insurance agencies.
Are there Disadvantages?
Sure, there are disadvantages of Bear River Mutual. To start with:
- Bear River Mutual locations are scarce. They are only available in the state of Utah.
- Bear River Mutual will not cover you if you have a history of traffic fines or reckless driving.
How Do I File Bear River Mutual Claim?
It’s easy to file a Bear River Mutual claim. Either you do it online using the Claim Form or your speak with an agent.
For online process visit https://www.bearrivermutual.com/claim-center/. And to speak with a Bear River Mutual agent, Call 801-267-5000.