Online learning has boomed. According to Thrivemyway, 77% of US corporations used online education in 2017, but by 2020, 98% incorporated it into their learning program.
Between 2020 and 2024, the US online learning market will grow by $12.81 billion. Retention rates are increased by 25% to 60% when eLearning is available.
Bloomberg Market Concepts (BMC) is an online course that will teach you finance fundamentals.
If you want to work in finance, whether as a graduate or as a career switch from another field, gaining a basic understanding of the essential concepts of finance will raise your attractiveness as a candidate, boost your confidence, and prepare you for a position in that area.
The Bloomberg market concepts program review includes video courses, real-world case studies, and recap exam questions.
Bloomberg Market Concepts also introduces the Bloomberg Terminal, including an interactive experience with a practice model.
Besides expanding your understanding of finance fundamentals, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion after completing the four main modules.
Are you interested in the Bloomberg market concept program? This post will highlight everything you need about the Bloomberg market concept program review.
Table of contents
- What is the Bloomberg Market Concept Program?
- What are the Core Concepts of the Bloomberg Market Concept Program?
- What are the Benefits of the Bloomberg Concept Program?
- What is the Cost of the Bloomberg Market Concept Program?
- Is the Bloomberg Market Concepts Program Worth It?
What is the Bloomberg Market Concept Program?
Bloomberg Market Concepts (BMC) is a self-paced e-learning course offering a hands-on financial market introduction.
BMC is divided into three sections: Core Concepts (which comprise four modules: Economic Indicators, Currencies, Fixed Income, and Equities), Getting Started on the Terminal and Portfolio Management.
Bloomberg data, news, analytics, and television are blended throughout the parts. The course may be accessed via the Bloomberg Terminal at BMC or the Bloomberg for Education website.
Using the BMC digital courseware as a course partner allows for more advanced subjects to be covered in class.
What are the Core Concepts of the Bloomberg Market Concept Program?
The Bloomberg concept program compromises four core concepts to guide your financial career. The core concepts of the Bloomberg market concept program are:
- The currency component of this Bloomberg concept program review assists you:
- Explore the history and mechanics of currency markets.
- Determine the three primary drivers of currency value.
- Learn about the function of central banks in preventing inflation and deflation.
- Show how currency markets affect investors and businesses and how they handle currency risk.
The equities concept on the Bloomberg concept program review helps you to:
- Learn how using correct industry drivers make it easier to anticipate profitability.
- Describe the five-step absolute valuation procedure, as well as the associated dangers.
- When determining fair value, identify the three categories of relative valuation and the importance of future earnings growth.
- Calculate the performance of an equity index based on performing individual stocks.
- Investigate the characteristics and allure of equity ownership.
- Determine why stocks are more volatile than bonds.
- Explain how industry and supply chain analysis is essential for equity research.
Keeping track of your investment is tough without a portfolio, but that’s not all it does. Discover: What is an Investment Portfolio? | Overview, How it Works
Economic indicators as a core concept in the Bloomberg market concept program review help you to:
- Describe the characteristics of good economic indicators.
- Investigate how economic indicators may be utilized to identify tipping moments.
- Learn the foundations of economic indicator publication and analysis.
The fixed income on the Bloomberg concept program review helps to help you to:
- Discover how the bond market grew to be the world’s largest and most complicated market and how it serves an important public function.
- Investigate how rates promote assessment across the bond market’s tremendous diversity.
- Explain how government bond rates are used as a standard against which all other investments are assessed.
- Describe how bond markets help governments throughout the globe to be more disciplined.
- Learn why, when, and how central banks set interest rates.
- Investigate how creditworthiness, inflation, and central bank interest rates influence bond valuation.
- Describe the yield curve’s significance to companies and consumers worldwide.
- Interpret the significance of the four major movements in the yield curve and the significance of curve inversion.
What are the Benefits of the Bloomberg Concept Program?
There are several benefits of the Bloomberg concept program. Some of them include the following:
Improved insight on the Bloomberg terminal
The Bloomberg Terminal is a familiar sight in most financial services businesses, and the Bloomberg Terminal material is likely what distinguishes this course from others in the field.
As you continue through the material, you’ll see how to retrieve, display, read, and comprehend pertinent market data on the Bloomberg Terminal.
There are also some portions where you may interact with a simulated Bloomberg Terminal screen to understand how the technology works.
This is a nice mid-experience if you’ve never used a Bloomberg Terminal before. You won’t be an expert on Bloomberg Terminals by the conclusion of the course, but you won’t be entirely lost when you sit in front of one later.
A self-paced and interactive learning environment
The course is online and may be completed at your leisure. Using a laptop rather than a tablet or smartphone is strongly advised.
The course approach comprises around 8 hours of educational films produced in a documentary-like way that was unexpectedly interesting.
Rather than a person speaking to the camera and a whiteboard, the clips primarily teach through footage of case studies. These cases showcase feeds from Bloomberg terminals and participation through quizzes.
Pimm Fox and Monica Bertran of Bloomberg Television narrate the course, which adds familiarity to the course and makes it simpler to understand the subject.
READ ALSO: 20 Highest-Paying Tech Jobs You Can Get Without A Degree
Show your commitment
Taking the course before applying for a job in the financial industry is not required. However, that you actively tried to educate yourself in the fundamentals before applying for a job shows an employer that you have personal drive and are actively attempting to enhance your career possibilities.
Interactive case studies
The case studies make the course interesting. BMC ties fundamental financial ideas to key real-world financial events like recent financial crises. This adds weight to the text and aids memory recall.
Most (if not all) of the case studies featured in the course are true events that occurred at real firms – so you receive some wonderful background knowledge that may come in handy during interviews. The interactive case studies are a top feature of the Bloomberg concept program review.
Increased market knowledge
The Bloomberg market concept program imbues you with excellent knowledge of the financial market and of how it functions.
Aside from teaching the fundamentals of financial concepts required for any financial-related profession, the course employs case studies to provide a relevant context for recent financial occurrences.
The knowledge gained from the Bloomberg concept program can be easily applied to related scenarios in the financial market.
Helps in testing your financial knowledge
Bloomberg market concept program is also beneficial as it tests your knowledge on previously taught topics. The quizzes are effective at determining whether you were paying attention.
The tests, like the end-of-chapter questions, cover the knowledge you’ve just examined to derive inferences from the market data in a case study. Before going on to the next phase, the correct answers are immediately shown for you to evaluate.
Keep your finances in check to ensure you don’t go broke. Consider: 15 Personal Finance Books That Can Change Your Life
Certificate of completion
The added knowledge gained from this program will boost your chances of job opportunities in the finance sector. You can get your certificate of completion once you have completed all four modules. This qualification may also be added to your LinkedIn page and CV.
From an employer’s standpoint, applicants who have completed the course not only comprehend the fundamentals of finance but also have a practical understanding of how those fundamentals relate to interactions with genuine trading markets and clients.
LinkedIn is a great place to find opportunities and connect with professionals in your space. Discover: 30 Tips To Having A Better Linkedin Profile
Improved technical understanding
The Bloomberg Market Concepts course discusses financial terminology, triggers and procedures that impact financial markets, and typical benchmarks experts use.
After completing the course, your technical understanding has improved. The improved technical understanding aids you in navigating through the financial market.
What is the Cost of the Bloomberg Market Concept Program?
The online course costs $149 for students and $249 for professionals and takes around 8 hours to complete. If you want to get the most out of this, I recommend you set aside adequate time for it.
Attempting to complete this course while multitasking at work, for example, may cause a completion certificate, but it does not maximize your learning potential. It is often free for students enrolled at an institution with access to the Bloomberg Terminal.
Is the Bloomberg Market Concepts Program Worth It?
This course is for you if you are interested in a financial career, including students and non-financial professionals, or want a strong and time-efficient introduction to finance and market ideas.
To invest in some market knowledge, the $149 or $249 for the Bloomberg market idea program is well worth it. Internships are essential for gaining relevant, practical expertise that can help you get your first job in finance. However, even before your first internship, this might assist in setting you on the right track.
BMC shows that you’ve taken the measures to become acquainted with the fundamentals of finance and industry-standard technologies. The knowledge you get from the course will assist you in getting on the correct track.
This Bloomberg market concept program review has covered everything you need about financial software.
The Bloomberg Market Concepts course is appropriate for anybody interested in working in finance, whether they are students just starting or professionals changing careers.
It is not a guarantee of employment, but it is a tried-and-true approach to preparing for a career in finance.
- reddit.com – Finance Major – Is Bloomberg Market Concept worth it?
- bloomberg.com – Bloomberg Market Concepts
- eco.univ-rennes1.fr – A great opportunity to complete the Bloomberg Market Concept!
- 300hours.com – Bloomberg Market Concepts: Bloomberg and Finance-Savvy Even Before Your First Job Application
- wiki.co.uk – Bloomberg Market Concepts Review
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.