Nordstrom Inc. is a renowned luxury department store in the United States of America, functioning in Canada, and having its headquarters in Seattle, Washington. John W. Nordstrom and Carl F. Wallin found it in 1901.
The company originally started business as a shoe retailer, and eventually expanded into the sales of accessories, clothing, cosmetics, jewelry, handbags, and fragrances as well.
Currently, the company has stores in Seattle, Alaska, Arizona, Kansas, Tennessee, New York City, Chicago, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Indiana, Kansas, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Miami, Lost Angeles, Houston, New Jersey, San Diego, etc.
With 370 stores operating across 40 states, the company also serves customers in at least 90 countries through its websites. Nordstrom is an ideal company for anyone looking to begin or develop a career within the retail industry.
So, if you’re wondering whether you fit into Nordstrom? This article fully outlines the Nordstrom hiring process.
Table of contents
- Nordstrom Job Application Process
- Nordstrom Job Application Status
- Nordstrom Hiring Process
- Nordstrom Interview Questions
- Helpful Tips to Ace the Nordstrom Hiring Process
- Hearing from Nordstrom after the Interview
- Common Nordstrom Jobs and Careers
Nordstrom Job Application Process
For you to apply for a job at Nordstrom, simply visit the company’s careers portal and create a candidate profile.
After you create your profile, log in and search for varieties of jobs that you can apply for. The career website for Nordstrom will display several filters with which you can narrow down your search.
Once you find a career that captures your interest in pursuing, you can click on it to find out more details. The page will redirect you to a specific position. Information such as requirements, responsibilities, and qualifications will be displayed below.
Once you have found your preferred role, click on the Apply Now button, then fill out and submit the application form that will be presented to you.
During the application process, they will ask you for information such as email address, employment history, education, name, address, phone number, social security number, etc. It is important to type in all this data correctly. At the end of the application, they will ask you to upload your resume and cover letter.
You can also apply for over one job using the same profile you created. Now that the application process is complete, you will have to start the assessment module. During this assessment, they will ask you 48 questions that will help Nordstrom hiring managers decide if you are a good fit for the company.
After completing the application process, expect a quick response from the Human Resources department within a few days.
From this article, you can learn How to Find & Reach out to a Hiring Manager for an Opportunity
Nordstrom Job Application Status
When it comes to Nordstrom, it is always a good idea to contact hiring managers and inquire about your application status.
That’s because the company receives thousands of applications every month (there are currently 1300 job openings) and it is very possible to have yours lost.
If you haven’t heard from hiring personnel in two or three weeks since your submission, you may have to contact the store.
Another great place to work is at Walgreen. Learn about; Walgreens Hiring Process | Job Application, Interviews, and Employment
Nordstrom Hiring Process
An interview process typically comes up after the Human Resources department has received an application form. Probably within a week after applying, you will get an email if they want to proceed forward with you.
Once you have applied and got an email, they will call you for a phone interview. The phone interview usually lasts for over 10 minutes. They will ask you some basic questions to make sure you are an excellent candidate for an in-person interview.
After you are done with the phone interview, they will schedule a one-on-one interview for you with your department manager. During the face-to-face interview, the interviewer will ask various questions that will get your brain wracking.
Nordstrom Interview Questions
Here are some usual interview questions to expect in the Nordstrom interview process:
- Tell us about yourself?
- What can you tell us about Nordstrom?
- Why do you want to work for Nordstrom?
- What is your greatest strength?
- What is your greatest weakness?
- How would you deal with an upset customer?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Why should I hire you?
- What hours can you work?
- How do you feel about standing for long periods of time?
- How would you define excellent customer service?
- Why did you leave your last job?
- How was your attendance at your last job?
- How did you find this job?
- Who are Nordstrom’s competitors?
- Do you think you are the most qualified candidate for this position you are applying for? And why?
- Tell me something significant about the Nordstrom department store.
- Do you prefer working alone or with a team? And why?
- As an employee, what do you have to offer this company?
- Should they prioritize a customer over your assigned duties or co-worker?
- Do you have any questions for us?
To learn how to excel in a phone interview, read this article; 30 Phone Interview Tips that Will Help you Get Hired
Helpful Tips to Ace the Nordstrom Hiring Process
- Read about Nordstrom and its development before attending the interview. They need to know you’re interested in working for them
- Be punctual in your interview
- Don’t speak to your interviewer hurriedly or slowly, but make sure they deliver concisely your answers.
- Prepare to provide valid and genuine reasons why you have chosen to work for the company.
Learn how to excel in an assessment by reading this Interview with Hiring Manager: 8 Ways Excel in 2023
Hearing from Nordstrom after the Interview
Normally, within three weeks after they interview a candidate at Nordstrom, the human resources team will inform him/her of their chances of getting employment.
In any case, you didn’t get any response from the company within three weeks, just check the progress of your application by login into your candidate profile, which you had created when applying for the job.
Common Nordstrom Jobs and Careers
Here is a list of common jobs that are offered at Nordstrom:
This employee works directly with customers and performs several duties within the sales environment.
He/she increases sales by ensuring that new Nordstrom rewards program accounts are opened.
A salesperson also creates a lasting relationship with customers to keep their patronage.
This role ensures that the business-focused space use/facility projects and initiatives are executed appropriately.
He/she also supervises and leads meetings to make sure they complete assigned projects within a short time frame.
Season Store Support
This position assists every customer with various transactions via a friendly and seamless experience.
He/she also secures the information of customers through compliance, education, and resolution of issues.
Loss Prevention Ambassador
This role is mainly responsible for preventing loss of inventory by interacting and training other employees and ensuring a visible presence all through the store.
This personnel also performed monitoring, as well as other surveillance activities.
Nordstrom provides employment opportunities for individuals with virtually any type of expertise.
If you desire to work at Nordstrom, then you will need to study the information provided in this article very well so you will increase your chances of success through the Nordstrom hiring process.
Once you’ve scaled through the Nordstrom hiring process, you have to comply with their principles to serve every customer exceptionally.
- howigotjob.com – How to Get a Job at Nordstrom
- jobapplicationcenter.com – Nordstrom Application
- mynordstromslogin.com – Nordstrom Jobs and Careers
- worknearyou.net – Nordstrom Interview
- jobdescriptionandresumeexamples.com – Nordstrom hiring process: job application interviews and employment
- glassdoor.com – Nordstrom-Interview-Questions
- quora.com – How competitive is the hiring process at Nordstrom
- careers.nordstrom.com – Nordstrom careers
- worknearyou.net – Nordstrom interview questions
- cosmopolitan.com – How to get hired at Nordstrom
- job-applications.com – Nordstrom job interview-tips
- Rite Aid Hiring Process | Job Application, Interviews, and Employment
- Geico Hiring Process | Job Application, Interviews and Employment
- Stop and Shop Hiring Process | Job Application, Interviews and Job Employment
- Hiring Process Flowchart | Job Application, Interviews, and Employment.
- Trader Joe’s Hiring Process | Job Application, Interview and Employment
- How Long Does the CBP Hiring Process Take? | 2023 CBP Hiring Process