Founded in 1986 by Jim and Janice Dougherty, PetSmart is a private-owned company that deals on pets, and its products, and provides services relating to pets. PetSmart opened its first stores In 1987 In Phoenix, Arizona then it was called Petfood warehouse.
In 1989, it attained a new leadership role from where it changed its name to PetSmart and it explored the whole country. The company became public via an LPO in 1993 which led to an increase in the type of goods and services they render.
In 2015, PetSmart became the leading North American Pet Company and in 2020, had over 1,650 stores in the US.
What are the Employment Opportunities Available at Petsmart?
- Pet Sitter
- Pet Groomer
- Store manager
- Pet Bather
- Lead Associate
- Sales Associate
- Dog trainer
The other positions and Job Careers In PetSmart are also notably Favourable and the interview difficulties are easy or average. While the Interview process Length was a about a day or two. They are
- Merchandise Manager
- Dog Daycare Attendant
- Reservation Agent
- Senior Lead Engineer
- Engagement Manager
- Entry level manager
- Guest service Agent
- Front Desk Agent
PetSmart Hiring Process
The hiring process at PetSmart for some persons who applied and were offered positions needs to be mastered. And, like every other hiring process, PetSmart’s should be adhered to. Below are things to note about PetSmart Hiring Process.
PetSmart Interview Attire
- Dress casually if you’re going for an entry-level.
- Dress formally if it’s a management position.
PetSmart Drug Test
PetSmart maintains a good working environment for both the staff and the public. Also, a conducive environment free from drugs and alcohol. In that case, every employee is required to go for a drug test.
PetSmart Interview Tips
- Learn about the position you are going for
- Be punctual and arrive at least 10 minutes earlier than the normal time.
- Don’t speak in a rational manner
- Make good eye contact throughout the whole Interview process
- Sit-up throughout the interview.
- Ask questions in between.
- Congratulations, you are hired!!
Petsmart Job Application | How To Apply
Below is a step-by-step guide to apply for PetSmart. This will also be helpful when finding a job.
- Begin by going to the careers site
- Select which type of job you want to search for
- Enter your city or Zip code and then, click the green arrow button to load the results
- Select one of the locations
- Review the current job openings and then, select which one you want to apply for
- Review the position’s description and requirements
- Click the ‘Apply Now’ button near the bottom of the page to start the application
- Sign in to your account to start if you don’t have an account and fill out the registration form to create one
- Enter the following information into the form
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Password Hint
- Read the pre-application disclosures and check the ‘I Agree’ box
- Resume – Upload your resume
- Personal Information
- First/last name
- Email Address
- Social Security Number
- Submit the required details for the following sections
- EEO questions
- Pre-employment questions
- Application information
- Review your application and then submit it to complete the process
Staff members in PetSmart are trained and accepted based on their qualifications and the positions they apply for. PetSmart hiring process can be tiring and comes in three different ways.
See the interview questions and answers you can give.
Related Article: Netflix Hiring Process | Job Application, Interviews and Employment
Petsmart Interview Questions
Here are some of the frequent PetSmart Interview questions that are being asked.
Tell us about yourself?
You must answer this in a nice way. Here solves the drill.
- Assure the interviewer that you have what it takes to have the job and bring out relevant facts about who you are and show related experience
- Let the interviewer know if you’ve done something related to the job previously
- Having no prior experience can get you the job but that’s if you’re able to explain that you’ve been focusing on your education.
Why do you want to work for us?
This question is a lot more sense! Not only does it have a way interviewers can send a candidate off, but it can also limit a candidate’s chances of losing or dropping out. But the best part is you have to win the interviewer with your response and make the hiring process smooth for you.
- Mention that you heard it on the news that PetSmart formed a charity dedicated to finding a lasting solution for homeless pets and that you would feel proud to work for a company that offers that wisdom and cherishing act.
- Say that you would grow your career with them and learn a lot a lot from PetSmart.
- Prove that PetSmart solves the needs of people and how you can strengthen it.
Why should we hire you?
All you have to do is to read the Job description over again and find some key elements they can be looking for and also know the Petsmart hiring process.
- Let them know you are capable of the Job and that you fit into that Job.
- Be of high spirit when speaking out the Job description.
- Don’t look down or try to remember the Job description but look straight ahead into the Interviewer.
- Mention that you have the skills and the goals you want to achieve in proving those skills.
- Say nothing you are not sure of.
- Have an excellent and a hopeful conversation most especially, good communication.
What hours can you be active?
The best way to approach such a question is by saying how flexible you will be when you get your hands on the Job. Don’t just speak out a time. Be sure of what to say.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
If you do not know on how the next five years will be, you might search online on the available positions you could later do. Keep it to yourself and get ready for that position.
Well, here is a tip for you! Have a glimpse at other positions on PetSmart especially at the management level.
Why did you apply for this position?
On no account should you say something you are not sure of!. If you want to apply for a Job at PetSmart, know what you are applying for. For instance, If you are going for a stocker, you might say, you are very much organized and you know you are very fit for that job.
Is there any type of pet you are afraid to work with?
Make the Interviewer understand what he needs to know and also ways it can be comprehended by you successfully.
Describe your previous dealings with customers?
You can talk about your previous work place. You can also mention some examples from your experience.
How well do you deal with stress?
- Mention that you are always calm
- You are not afraid to ask for help
- You are ready to make adjustments every time
Why did you leave your last job?
In any case, Don’t say you had a conflict with your boss or staff. It could lead to a bad score.
These are possible answers you could give.
- You are looking for newer challenges
- You wanted to focus on other things, and you are done.
- Your home was farther than you imagined before.
How long does it take to get a response from PetSmart?
Depending on the Job, and the person hiring, It takes either a day or two or most times a week.
What do they look for when drug testing?
It is your urine they want for the drug test.
Do you have to work weekends and at your convenient time?
You have to work during the weekend. Secondly, you have to state whether it a full job or a part-time job.
Is a high school degree required?
A high school degree or diploma is allowed.
PetSmart offers a wide range of high services to anyone who works with them. And, it is one of the leading providers of what they offer.