The MasterCard Foundation is delighted to announce the availability of the KNUST MasterCard Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship Program at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology 2020. This MasterCard Foundation Undergraduate scholarship is open to African students pursuing an undergraduate program. Only eligible persons will be considered for this program.
Just take your time and go through this article, the World Scholarship Forum has arranged every detail you need to be a participant in the KNUST MasterCard Scholarship.
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) is a university in Kumasi, Ashanti, Ghana. The Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology is the public university established in the country, as well as the largest university in Kumasi Metropolis and Ashanti.
The KNUST has, since January 2005, transformed from its previous centralized system of administration into a significantly decentralized one called the Collegiate system. Under this system, the various faculties have been condensed into six colleges. Since its inception, the University has been administered on the Faculty-based system.
The University is situated approximately on a sixteen square-kilometer campus of undulating land and pleasant surroundings, about seven kilometers away from the central business district of the city of Kumasi. The campus presents a panorama of beautiful and modern buildings interspersed with verdant lawns and tropical flora, which provide a cool and refreshing atmosphere congenial to academic studies. It has within the short period of its existence become an important center for the training of scientists and technologists not only for Ghana but also for other African countries as well as from other parts of the world.
About MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program scholarship
The MasterCard Foundation is an independent foundation based in Toronto, Canada. It is one of the largest private foundations in the world. Through its work with partner organizations, it provides greater access to education, skills training, and financial services for people living in poverty, primarily in Sub-Saharan Africa.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST provides academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa with access to quality and relevant university education. It embodies an array of mentoring and cultural transition services to ensure student academic success, community engagement and transition to employment opportunities which will further social and economic change for Africa.
Level/Field of study:
The KNUST MasterCard Foundation Scholarships are available for pursuing the undergraduate program in the study field of sciences. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The scholarship is open to African students. You can also check our scholarship by country category for more scholarship updates. A must-read if you want to win this award: 15 Important Tips on Winning a Scholarship
These opportunities have a value that includes
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation, and a monthly stipend).
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, life, and career coaching, and tutoring.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services and mentoring (Go-back Give- Back), and uniquely sourced internships.
- An academic environment where faculty and students engage with global issues.
- The prestige of becoming part of the growing family of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Alumni and the Global Scholars Community.
- The opportunity to be enrolled in an accelerated Master’s Degree after undergraduate studies with an MCF Partner institution in the USA.
Eligibility KNUST-MasterCard Foundation Scholarships 2020
For the 2020 Academic year, the opportunity is open to;
- All Applicants with WASSCE or GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’Level and A’Level or their equivalent Results from an accredited/recognized institution and Certificate Ready and Satisfies KNUST’s Admission Requirements. NO AWAITING RESULTS candidate will be accepted.
- The Applicant must have Critical Economic Needs.
- The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement (s).
- Females and Physically Challenged Applicants shall be given top priority.
- All Subjects are considered; however, there is a Preference for Science Students.
- The Applicant must be prepared to Go-Back and Give-Back to his or her Community.
How to Apply KNUST-MasterCard Foundation Scholarships 2020
- Submit the completed application form THROUGH EMS/ any other courier mail to:
The Program Manager,
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST Secretariat,
℅ Office of the Dean of Students
Private Mail Bag
KNUST, Kumasi, Ghana
When submitting your scholarship application form to the Secretariat, submit these additional documents
- The print out of KNUST’s online admission
- Both O’Level and A’Level results or their equivalent
- Only shortlisted applicants will be called for interviews which would be held at the KNUST Secretariat of Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the Office of the Dean of Students.
- Interviews will be done by an independent panel constituted by the Vice-Chancellor of KNUST.
- Verification of ALL examination results and information provided, as well as community visits of SUCCESSFUL applicants, will be conducted before admission is approved.
- The decisions of the SELECTION COMMITTEE, also constituted by the Vice-Chancellor are FINAL.
- Telephone numbers, Skype IDs and email addresses provided by applicants should be ACTIVE at all times to receive critical information on their application.
- For further inquiry and assistance on how to apply, please CONTACT the Secretariat on +233-206-030-790/ +233-3220-62975 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com.
- Applicants are advised to desist from calling the Secretariat to inquire about the status of their application. The Secretariat would inform and contact applicants when necessary.
- Applicants must apply to KNUST for undergraduate admission in order to be considered for the scholarship.
KNUST-MasterCard Foundation Scholarships 2020 Application Deadline:
Currently, this scholarship is 1st May 2020.
KNUST-MasterCard Foundation Scholarships 2020 Application Link
You can begin the application and get more details by clicking the Scholarship Link
- Fully funded Wenner-Gren Foundation Ph.D. Fellowships for African Students
- Simple Procedures to get an Indian Student Visa Fast
- Tel Aviv University Postdoctoral, Doctoral and Visiting Fellowships in Israel
- Next-Generation Social Sciences Doctoral Fellowships for African Countries
- LEAP Africa Graduate Internship Programme
- EACVI Training Grants for International Students in Europe
- Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership Vacancy
- Banting Postdoctoral Annual Fellowships For Canadian and International Students.
- Swedish Institute Creative Force Grants Program
- Thorlabs Engineering Scholarship Programme in the UK
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.