UNESCO is calling for applications for the MAB Young Scientist Awards. The awards are exclusively open to scientists from developing countries. In some cases, those from developed countries are also eligible to apply. Each winners will receive up to $5,000. The closing date of application is 15 December 2017.
The objectives of the MAB Young Scientists Award Scheme are to encourage young scientists, in particular those from developing countries, to use MAB research, project sites and biosphere reserves in their research; encourage young scientists who already use such sites to undertake comparative studies in other sites in or outside their own country.
Level and Area of Studies: Research program in any field.
Place of Study
The program can be taken either in candidates’ home country or abroad.
Award Value: The awards are set at a maximum of US$5,000 each.
There is no nationality restriction. Scientist from developing countries are encouraged to apply.
Eligibility and Criteria
- To be eligible, award applications must be made on the MAB Young Scientists Award application form (in English or French) and be endorsed by the applicant’s MAB National Committee,which may endorse only two applications per year from applicants who are not older than 40 years of age (at the closing date of the application).
- Priority is given to interdisciplinary projects carried out in biosphere reserves designated under the Man and the Biosphere Programme or potential biosphere reserves.
- Applicants from developed countries are eligible for Awards only in exceptional cases.
- Awards are set at a maximum of US $5,000 each.
- Research supported by an Award should be completed within 2 years.
- Candidates must accept to submit reports of Award funded research to the MAB Secretariat in Paris and to their MAB National Committees, and agree to the possibility of UNESCO publishing the results of their research.
- International travel expenditures are usually not covered under these Awards.
How To Apply
Please download and complete the application form at the website and application link below.
15 December 2017.