We all know how important information is to every existing and living being on earth. Its distribution must be done properly through the right channels, media, etc. This is a Comprehensive list of Mass Communication Scholarships For International Students 2023 from all over the world.
From professional associations and nonprofit organizations to universities and private corporations, scholarships meant to advance the study of Mass communications are widely available – but can be a challenge to find.
Here you’ll find our top picks for international scholarships available in Mass Communication, broken down into journalism, writing, marketing, public relations, and broadcasting, as well as scholarships available through some of the nation’s top schools of communication.
Table of contents
- What to Expect of The Mass Communication Scholarships For International Students 2023
- National Press Club Scholarship
- Editor’s Recommendation
What to Expect of The Mass Communication Scholarships For International Students 2023
This post encompasses the best of scholarships from around the globe with a few details that you have to understand then see if you are qualified to go ahead and register.
List of Scholarship in Journalism and Mass Communication for international students:
- Education Fund of the American Copy Editors Society Scholarships
- Asian American Journalists Association Scholarships
- Association for Women in Sports Media Scholarships
- Overseas Press Club Foundation Scholarships
- William B. Ruggles Journalist Scholarship
- National Press Club Scholarship
- Radio Television Digital News Association, Ed Bradley Scholarship
Education Fund of the American Copy Editors Society Scholarships
Six scholarships are awarded annually through the ACES Education Fund. One is the Bill Walsh scholarship, in honor of the late editor, author and ACES guiding spirit.
Host/Eligible Nationality: It hosted in the USA and open to home and international students.
Level: Must be a junior, senior, or graduate student.
Benefits: Five scholarships totaling $6,500. The top award is $2,500, with four other awards valued at $1,000 each
Deadline: November 15, annually
Asian American Journalists Association Scholarships
Host/Eligible Nationality: It’s hosted in the USA and open to Asian and American students.
Benefits: Eight scholarships available, ranging from $500 to $5,000
- Sports Journalism Institute: Eight-week paid sports journalism internship and a $500 scholarship
- Stanford Chen Internship Grant: $1,750 available to college juniors, seniors, and graduate students in journalism.
- Print and Online News Internship Grant: $1,000 is available to support students and recent grads to have secured a print or online news internship for the summer.
- CIC/Anna Chennault Scholarship: $5,000 to graduating high school seniors and college students who have a passion for journalism.
- Mary Quon Moy Ing Memorial Scholarship: Up to $2,000 available to current college students or graduating high school seniors interested in pursuing journalism as a career.
- Vincent Chin Memorial Scholarship: $500 available to current student journalists; must write an essay about the legacy of Vincent Chin.
Deadline: All scholarships have varying deadlines.
Association for Women in Sports Media Scholarships
Since 1990, AWSM has placed nearly 200 female college students interested in sports media careers in paid summer internships.
Benefits: $1,000 and a paid internship
Details: Winners are chosen in each of the following categories: print/online, magazine, broadcast reporting, broadcast production, and public relations.
Deadline: The application period opens each year on September 1.
Overseas Press Club Foundation Scholarships
Benefits: $2,000 – $3,000
Details: Eight scholarships available:
- David R. Schweisberg Memorial Scholarship
- Harper’s Magazine Scholarship
- Irene Corbally Kuhn Scholarship
- Emanuel R. Freedman Scholarship
- Theo Wilson Scholarship
- Roy Rowan Scholarship
- Standard & Poor’s Award for Economic and Business Reporting
- Nathan S. Beinstock Memorial Scholarship
William B. Ruggles Journalist Scholarship
Scholarship awarded on the basis of scholastic ability and a demonstrated interest in the work of the Institute.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited journalism program
- Must submit an essay of 500 words that demonstrates an understanding of the principles of voluntary unionism and the economic and social problems of compulsory unionism
National Press Club Scholarship
The National Press Club, the leading professional organization for journalists, wants to recruit promising future journalists who will bring diversity to American journalism.
Benefits: $2,000 – $5,000 (two scholarships available)
- Scholarship for Journalism Diversity: One $2,000 scholarship that can be renewed for up to three years at $2,500 per year
- Richard G. Zimmerman Journalism Scholarship: Award of $5,000 for high school senior who wants to pursue a career in journalism
Radio Television Digital News Association, Ed Bradley Scholarship
Bradley established the Ed Bradley Scholarship in 1994 to award aspiring journalists. Recipients of this award have enjoyed careers from reporter, anchor, and media attorney to Saturday Night Live comedy writer and White House speechwriter.
- Be a sophomore, junior, or senior at the time the scholarship is open
- Must be pursuing a career in radio, television, or digital journalism
- Provide 3 to 5 work samples
- Must submit a resume
Benefits: The recipient of the Ed Bradley Scholarship will receive $10,000 and an invitation to the Excellence in Journalism conference.
Deadline: January 31 annually
- Top 20 Mass Communication Scholarships for Undergraduate students
- 25 Undergraduate Scholarships for Journalism Students
- APPLY: Bette Allison Memorial Scholarship For Female Students
- DAAD Scholarship For Ethiopian Students
- TOP 50 Mathematics Scholarships For National and International Students
- Kay Longcope Scholarship Award in Journalism
- IACT College Creative Talent Award in Malaysia
- 15 Ways to Finance Your Studies Abroad(READ AND SHARE)
- List Of USA College Scholarships for Journalism
- Scholarships Opportunities By Fields of Study and Subject