University of Alberta ,Canada is glad to announce its Medical Science Graduate Program Scholarships To Study In Canada.
Approximately 10-15 Medical Sciences Graduate Program Scholarships valued at $6,500 each are available as a contribution to the stipend of students registered full time in a thesis based MSc or PhD in Medical Sciences Graduate Program (MSGP) in the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry.
That is, doctoral students must submit a PhD proposal package within 24 months of the start of their graduate program and must pass the candidacy exam within 6 months of the MSGPC’s approval of their proposal.
The University of Alberta’s vision is to inspire the human spirit through outstanding achievements in learning, discovery and citizenship in a creative community, building one of the world’s great universities for the public good.
Today, the university is recognized as a leading educator and generator of new ideas, and is ranked one of the world’s top 100, and one of Canada’s top five, universities.
The university is a diverse multi-campus academy providing a vibrant and supportive learning and research environment, delivering instructional excellence through on-campus and distance delivery to over 37,000 students in over 370 graduate and undergraduate programs spanning 18 faculties.
What You Need To Know About The Medical Science Graduate Program Scholarships To Study In Canada
universities generally charge fees for goods and services supplied to students. This includes areas such as student associations, sports and health. These additional fees vary widely per university and per student and can run from a few hundred dollars to a few thousand dollars. but this scholarship is here to help you reduce cost of studies in this university therefore do well to read to the end.
LEVEL/ FIELD OF STUDY:
Scholarship are available for graduate students and you must be currently registered or accepted to start as of January 2019 as a full-time thesis based graduate student in the Medical Sciences Graduate Program (MSc or PhD) in one of the following departments in the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry:
- Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine
- Laboratory Medicine & Pathology*** (students from Medical Sciences – LMP, ONLY)
- Medical Genetics
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences
- Radiology & Diagnostic Imaging
Scholarship is to be taken in Canada. if you want to study in Canada this Tips On How to Apply for Admission and Visa to Study in Canada will be helpful.
National students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The Scholarships is valued at $6,500 each.
The Medical Science Graduate Program Scholarships Eligibility:
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The student must be currently registered or accepted to start as of January 2019 as a full-time thesis-based graduate student in the Medical Sciences Graduate Program (MSc or PhD) in one of the following departments in the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry:
Note: Applications from Laboratory Medicine & Pathology are limited to those whose degree will be “Medical Sciences – Laboratory Medicine & Pathology”. Students admitted to the independent LMP program (September 2013 onward) are ineligible’s
- The student may not concurrently hold any major awards ($13,000 or greater), or any other stipend award from the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry (e.g. 75th Anniversary Award, FoMD/AHS Student Recruitment Studentships, Motel Graduate Studentship).
- The student may be eligible to hold this award more than once.
- Award will be withdrawn if the student completes his/her program or ceases to maintain full-time registration
How To Apply For The Medical Science Graduate Program Scholarships
The application should include:
- A completed current application form with original signatures. Please do not use previous applications as forms are updated on a regular basis.
- The student’s up-to-date transcripts in letter size unofficial and copies of original are acceptable as long as they are copied to letter size 8 1/2 x 11).
- All non-Urfaa transcripts must include a Weighted Average Calculator Form to be completed by the department you are admitted in.
- Must include current Urfa transcript even if there are no grades yet.
- Two confidential letters of reference which should be received in a signed and sealed envelope
- Curriculum vitae, reprints, a ranking of applicants, or other documentation are not required and must not be attached to the application.
Scholarship Application Deadline: 28 September 2018