In other to provide a subsidized cost of attendance, Syracuse University offers merit-based scholarships and provides steps to apply for scholarships awarded by outside sources to international students. The scholarships are available for further study.
Merit-based scholarships (money that does not need to be repaid) for undergraduate students are awarded by the Admissions Committee to recognize academic achievement regardless of financial need. These scholarships are based on:
- Academic credentials
- Performance on standardized tests
- Class rank
- Portfolio or audition results (if relevant)
- Leadership, community, and extracurricular involvement
- Overall citizenship
About the University
Syracuse University is a private research university located in Syracuse, New York, USA. The roots of this institution come from Genesee Wesleyan Seminary (later Genesee College), founded in 1831 by the Methodist Episcopal Church of Lima, New York.
Syracuse is a global research university known for academic rigor, richly diverse learning experiences, and a spirit of discovery.
The scholarship is available for the students who are pursuing an undergraduate program in any of the courses offered at the University. You can have access to explore other Undergraduate scholarships, Just click on the link
The Syracuse scholarship will take place in the USA. If you are an international student and you desire to study in the USA. Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in the USA
The Syracuse scholarships have three scholarships that recognize the academic achievements of the best students admitted to university programs:
- Founder Award ($20,000 per year)
- Chancellor’s Scholarship ($15,000 per year)
- Dean’s Scholarship ($10,000 per year)
A limited number of special scholarships for successful students will also be awarded:
- The Complete Scholarship of 1870 ($45,150 per year)
- Distinguished Theatrical Performance Award ($ 10,000 per year)
- Excellence Scholarship ($30,000 per year)
- Distinguished Music Performance Award ($ 10,000 per year)
- Archbold Day Scholarship ($25,000 per year)
- Scholarship (22,575 USD per year)
- Distinguished Art Portfolio Award ($ 10,000 per year)
- Distinguished Architecture Portfolio Award ($ 10,000 per year)
Syracuse merit scholarships are available for international students who are current students or enrolled in Syracuse University.
Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The number of offers is not specified
Eligibility for Scholarship
To qualify, applicants must be enrolled in, or have graduated from, an accredited secondary school.
The mode of applying is online.
- Common Application
- Official secondary school transcript
- Senior year grade report
- Standardized test scores: SAT (old or new) or ACT. An essay is not required with the new SAT. ACT writing section is not required.
- Secondary school counselor evaluation
- Two academic recommendations
- Early Decision agreement (if you are applying ED)
The application for this scholarship usually ends by November in any academic year.
We have other great scholarship opportunities that might be of help to your search
- 27 best universities for computer science in the world: Scholarships & Tuition fees
- Stern MBA Scholarships for International Students in USA
- Funded Yale Young African Scholars (YYAS) Program
- Indiana University Rising Star International Scholarship in USA
- 20 Masters Scholarships For Eritrea Students To Study Abroad
- University of Ottawa, Canada: Ranking and Admission Requirements
- 17 Scholarships for Eritrea to Study in UK
We hope this writing provided your scholarship necessities. Please share with your friends and leave your question or response on the comment box for us to serve you better.
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.