Application for Mo Ibrahim Foundation Leadership Fellowship Program 2022-2023 is ongoing!
This fellowship program seeks to deepen and broaden our growing network which continues to contribute its skills and learning to a better Africa. The Fellowships offer the opportunity to work in the executive offices of either the AfDB (Abidjan), UNECA (Addis Ababa), or the ITC (Geneva).
To apply successfully, kindly read through this piece to learn the full details about this program- the eligibility criteria, requirements, application deadline, and more. The table below will give you an overview of what you should expect.
About the Sponsor: Mo Ibrahim Foundation
The Mo Ibrahim Foundation was established in 2006 with a focus on the critical importance of leadership and governance in Africa. It was founded by Mo Ibrahim, a Sudanese and billionaire businessman and philanthropist, who founded the telecommunications company Celtel International in 1998. Ibrahim is the chairman.
African countries need to define a strategy – a ‘business plan’ – built on an inclusive vision that assesses and prioritizes challenges, makes the best use of human, natural, and financial resources, and closely monitors results in order to ensure efficient and tangible implementation.
The Foundation, which is a non-grant making organization, focuses on defining, assessing, and enhancing governance and leadership in Africa
How to become a Mo Ibrahim Foundation Fellow?
The Mo Ibrahim Foundation Fellow is selected based on the candidates who have met all requirements specified by the terms and conditions below. The Conditions include Host Nationality, Eligible Nationality, Requirements, Scholarship Benefits, and detailed procedures on how to apply.
This Leadership Fellowship Program 2022 is hosted by Mo Ibrahim Foundation. If you are an international student and you desire to study in the UK, Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in the UK
Mo Ibrahim Foundation Leadership Fellowship Program 2022 is available for citizens from African countries.
Aside from the Mo Ibrahim Foundation Fellowship 2022, there are other scholarships available to international students to study abroad. You can check our scholarship by country to access all scholarships available.
Mo Ibrahim Leadership Fellowship- Benefit
The Fellowships offer the opportunity to work in the executive offices of either the AfDB (Abidjan), ECA (Addis Ababa), or the ITC (Geneva) with an annual stipend of $100,000.
Who is Eligible for Mo Ibrahim Fellowship 2022?
- National of an African country
- 7-10 years of relevant work experience
- master’s degree
- under the age of 40, or 45 for women with children
- any additional criteria as set by the host.
- Hold a minimum of a Master’s Degree in Economics, Engineering, Social Sciences, International Development, Business Administration, Finance, Banking or any discipline relevant to the Bank’s business: such as outstanding academic credentials, relevant work experience, strong communication skills, demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work with others;
- Have at least 7 (seven) years’ work experience relevant to the Bank’s activities;
- Demonstrate proven leadership and consultative skills;
- Have experience in strategic planning and execution ;
- Demonstrate knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management;
- Have enhanced skills in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures;
- Have experience in formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures;
- Demonstrate an ability to develop financial plans and manage resources;
- Strong writing and analytical skills;
How to Apply for Mo Ibrahim Foundation Fellowship
Prospective fellows who meet the eligibility criteria are invited to apply directly to the current hosts: The International Trade Centre (ITC) Mo Ibrahim Leadership Fellowship 2022.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of international trade development and trade-related development assistance (TRTA);
- Knowledge of strategic planning and governance;
- Strong research and writing skills;
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex concepts and data;
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with individuals at all levels and different multi-cultural backgrounds.
Candidates must submit their applications together with the following documents:
- Cover letteR
- UN Personal History Profile (PHP)
- Copy of academic degree certificates, and;
- Three letters of reference/recommendation.
Click on the BUTTON below to apply.
Mo Ibrahim Foundation Fellowship-nApplication Deadline
Application for this scholarship closes by October 15th, 2022.