The University of Bolton is glad to announce its MSc Excellence Scholarships at the University of Bolton in the UK offering a Masters (Taught) Excellence Scholarship to full-time UK, EU, and International Masters students, irrespective of their financial means for the 2021 academic year.
The University of Bolton is one of the best value places in the UK to gain a postgraduate degree. Our tuition fees are lower than many other universities, and the cost of living in the Bolton area is amongst the most affordable in the country.
The University of Bolton was initially founded in 1824 as the Bolton Mechanics institute, before going through a number of changes and eventually being given taught degree awarding powers in 1990, and the title the University of Bolton in 2005.
Over 30 University of Bolton courses is professionally accredited, including the British Psychological Society and the Nursing and Midwifery Council. Bolton is also a leading UK institution when catering for students with disabilities of all kinds.
Bolton offers some of the lowest fees in the country for students wishing to study at the University, even after all forms of financial support are taken into consideration.
In fact, recently, Bolton opened a small campus in the UAE, continuing its commitment to international expansion. Its student population is one of the most ethnically diverse in the UK with around 25 percent coming from minority communities.
What You Need To Know About MSc Excellence Scholarships at the University of Bolton in Uk
The Masters (Taught) Excellence Scholarship will be awarded to full-time U.K., EU, and International Masters students, irrespective of their financial means, who progress to a University of Bolton Taught Masters Course. There will be a maximum of three awards made in the 2021 academic year and applications will be considered in strict date order of receipt.
LEVEL/ FIELD OF STUDY
The scholarship is available for the postgraduate research program.
This scholarship is to be taken in the UK. If you are an international student and you wish to study in the UK, this is for your Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
Scholarships are awarded to the K., EU and International Masters students. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
£1,500 will be paid as a tuition fee waiver.
MSc Excellence Scholarships at University of Bolton Eligibility
In order to apply you will need to demonstrate that:
- You have successfully been awarded a 1sClass Honors degree from a UK or EU institution
- You must be studying a full-time 180 credit Masters (taught) MA or MSc course at the University of Bolton. PGCE/Cert Ed courses are not eligible courses for this award
- You must not be in receipt of any other award from the university
- You must not be in receipt of any other kind of sponsorship towards your tuition fees for example from an employer
- The course of study must have commenced in September 2018 or later.
- Please note that even though you may fulfill the eligibility for the scholarship this does not guarantee you will receive an award due to the restricted number of awards available.
How To Apply For MSc Excellence Scholarships at University of Bolton
In order to receive the scholarship towards fees, students must have completed an application form. The form for the scholarship will be available in the Student Centre, Chancellor’s Mall or can be printed from here
The completed application with photocopies of certificates to show the achievement of the 1st Class Honours Degree can be submitted to the Student Centre or posted to:
Masters (Taught) Excellence Scholarship Scheme
University of Bolton
Bolton BL3 5AB
Notification of Award
Students will be notified whether their application has been successful or not via their university email address.
The Finance Office will receive confirmation from the Excellence Scholarship team, that you are eligible and will adjust your invoice accordingly.
If you defer entry onto your course of study you will need to re-apply for the Masters (Taught) Excellence Scholarship before the commencement of your studies.
If you are not awarded a Scholarship the university has a Student Funding advice team who can advise you on possible alternative sources of funding for postgraduate study:
Ms. Karen Bentley: telephone 01204 903497
Mrs. Carol Gray: telephone 01204 903499 or
Scholarships will not be paid to students undertaking industrial or work experience on full-time “sandwich” basis. Students studying abroad also will not be eligible to receive the Scholarship.
The Excellence Scholarship will be paid for first Taught Masters courses only, not second or subsequent courses.
Please note that meeting the essential criteria does not equate to an entitlement to a scholarship
For further information regarding sources of funding for the postgraduate study please visit:
WE ALSO RECOMMEND:
- Top 10 Switzerland Scholarships for International Student 2018(HOT)
- Bachelor of International Development Scholarship at Humber Business School, Canada
- 25 International Scholarships offered by the World’s Top Universities(READ AND SHARE)
- FULLY FUNDED SCHOLARSHIPS: SECRETS, BENEFITS AND HOW TO WIN
- Cambridge University Trinity College Bursaries for Masters 2018
- COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR BANGLADESHI STUDENTS 2018
- Center of Law and Society Research Visitor Fellowship 2018