The University of Manchester offers a range of scholarships to international students, thus; we are glad to bring to you MSc Scholarships for Students of Uganda, Ethiopia, Rwanda and Tanzania to Study in the UK. These scholarships are available for the pursue masters studies in the UK. Get all the information about the scholarship and other recommended opportunities below.
The University of Manchester offers 27 scholarships (17 for full-time study and 10 for part-time study) available to students from Uganda, Ethiopia, Rwanda and Tanzania. Scholarships are available for pursuing postgraduate taught master’s degree level at the University of Manchester in the UK.
The University of Manchester offers over 1,000 degree programmes, including foundation courses, bachelor’s degrees, master’s programs, PhDs and MBAs across the humanities and business, science and engineering subject areas.
Ranked seventh in the QS World University Rankings® 2018, the University of Manchester is a prestigious red brick university and a member of the Russell Group, a select network of leading research-intensive universities. It has an incredible track record in innovation and has 25 Nobel Prize winners among its current and former staff and students.
The University of Manchester, which is investing £1 billion over ten years in its facilities and campus, helped develop the world’s first modern computer in 1948 and was behind the work of Rutherford which led to the splitting of the atom in 1917.
Today, The University of Manchester is at the foreground of research, particularly into new treatments for life-threatening diseases, as well as science and engineering. In 2018/2019 alone, the University of Manchester attracted over £342 million in external research funding.
What You Need to Know About MSc Scholarships for African Students at University of Manchester
With the highest percentage of international students in the UK (25%), as many as 180 nationalities are represented on campus. The university offers a number of postgraduate scholarships to international students.
LEVEL/ FIELD OF STUDY:
Scholarships are available for pursuing postgraduate taught master’s degree level at the University of Manchester in the UK.
The scholarship is to be taken in UK at university of Manchester .Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The scholarship is open to Africans who wants to study in UK.
This is a fully funded scholarship for African students in UK. Which will cover for tuition fee, accommodation, book allowance etc.
MSc Scholarships for African Students at University of Manchester Eligibility:
This master’s scholarships are aimed at talented applicants, especially from disadvantaged backgrounds. To apply for a scholarship, you must:
- Have at least two years’ relevant post-graduation work experience (this does not include unpaid internships or voluntary work);
- Hold a first or upper second class (or the equivalent) undergraduate degree;
- Be a resident citizen of Uganda and have not previously studied outside Africa;
- Be committed to returning home and able to demonstrate the potential to make a positive impact on the future of Uganda;
- Have a clear idea how studying in Manchester will benefit both your career and the wider community.
How To Apply For The MSc Scholarships for African Students at University of Manchester:
The school will open for applications for entry in September 2019 on 1 August 2018 and the deadline to apply is 9 September 2018 at 5pm GMT.
Before you start your scholarship application we require:
- Two up to date signed references. References must be on letter headed paper and addressed to ‘Equity and Merit Scholarships at The University of Manchester’. They do not need to be sent confidentially and there is no fixed format.
- Degree certificates and transcripts, showing subjects taken and grades achieved. (Temporary copies or certificates of graduation will suffice for this application)
- Evidence of your English Language ability (if you already have it), you will need one of the following as a minimum: IELTS score of 6.5 (with no less than 6.0 in writing) or TOEFL: score of 90 (with no sub-test below 22)
- An English Language certificate is not required at the time of application. If you are shortlisted for the scholarship, you will be asked to take the IELTS or TOEFL test.
Scholarship Application Deadline: May annually
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- LEIDEN UNIVERSITY SOUTH AFRICA SCHOLARSHIP
- International Stellar Scholarships at University of Manchester, UK
- Fully-funded Masters Scholarships for Ethiopians At University of Manchester
- PhD Studentships for International Students in Social Sciences, UK
- Equity and Merit Scholarships | Distance Learning Scholarship at Manchester University For Students From Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda & Bangladesh
- LIST Of Full Scholarships for African Students to Study In USA (HOT)
- University of Manchester Masters Scholarships for Ugandan Students
- Liberty University Online Scholarships Programs In USA
- UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION WINNEBA: TUITION FEES, ADMISSION, SCHOLARSHIPS, RANKING
- Study at University of Cape Coast: Scholarships, Tuition, Admission & Courses